Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

wire/ AT obstacles - Underated

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> wire/ AT obstacles - Underated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
wire/ AT obstacles - Underated - 8/19/2004 8:09:27 AM   
MOTHER

Lately i've found that wire is a nice little obstacle for those pesky infantry.It certainly doesnt get the attention the enemy seem to like to give to the good ol mines.A bit of covering fire over the entanglements sure does alot of damage to the unwary traveller.Excellent for the prepared AT /mmg defense.
Put AT Obstacles behind in the next hex and see the quandry your opponent finds themselves in,can't flame those babys.
MOTHER- finding new ways to make life a misery for others

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
Post #: 1
RE: wire/ AT obstacles - Underated - 8/21/2004 1:07:09 AM   
BruceAZ

Wire is great for setting up "kill or sack zones" for advancing infantry. The AI hasn't figured how to advance around them and with a few MG teams, you can really put Mr. AI in a big hurt. Unfortunately, this does not work with a PBEM game as they see through this ruse.

Recon
Semper Fi

(in reply to MOTHER)
Post #: 2
RE: wire/ AT obstacles - Underated - 8/26/2004 9:48:19 PM   
Jamminji

It is funny how all these little AI tatics don't work quite so well when fighting another human. PBEM ROCKS!

jam

(in reply to MOTHER)
Post #: 3
RE: wire/ AT obstacles - Underated - 8/27/2004 8:43:52 PM   
Riun T

Hello mother, I also thought that more can be said to influence newer players to use all the tactical elements in moderation though, I do alot of against the AI battles and can agree that the AI will submitt it's self to some pretty horrid and should we say rather unrealistic thrashings. I just played a full defence of Mechilli against the Italians, the reasults speak for themselves.

Turn17,Decicive Vic. 12/41
Men_ 2-634
Soft Veh_0-0
APCs_0-1
AFVs_0-46
Gliders_0-0
Aircraft_0-0
Now the Italians had a good idea to probe the 8 visiblity with armored cars loaded with IT flame teams, but Iset up a dragons teeth mine field three hexes thick, tappering to clear but zig/zaged and wired unmined channels to counterattack after the initial contact and barrage. They came in exactly where I thought theyed try to breach,and thats right only two men killed on my side!!!

(in reply to MOTHER)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> wire/ AT obstacles - Underated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI