Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Exit VO snafu

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Exit VO snafu Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exit VO snafu - 2/9/2002 4:11:00 AM   
richmonder

Well, this may be an old topic that was discussed - cannot tell at this point. Anyways, using latest v7.1, I notice that now the following is NOT true: (from the manual)
"If there are any Exit Victory hexes in a scenario, the other side gets ½ the escaping side’s starting force value as victory points immediately." This is not true. The other side gets no points whatsoever. I am creating a scenario where the AI has to exit units (and does so successfully in testing). The battle screen shows that the human player received no points at all. What is the status of Exit VO's? Are they FUBAR?

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)
Post #: 1
- 2/9/2002 4:23:00 AM   
Redleg

The numbers are tough to figure out with exit type victory hexes. I have made 2 exit hex scenarios lately. Cannot figure out how the points work except through trial-and-error. Some time I will make a little test scenario and run the numbers and see if I can figure it out.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 2
- 2/10/2002 1:35:00 AM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by richmonder:
Well, this may be an old topic that was discussed - cannot tell at this point. Anyways, using latest v7.1, I notice that now the following is NOT true: (from the manual)
"If there are any Exit Victory hexes in a scenario, the other side gets ½ the escaping side’s starting force value as victory points immediately." This is not true. The other side gets no points whatsoever. I am creating a scenario where the AI has to exit units (and does so successfully in testing). The battle screen shows that the human player received no points at all. What is the status of Exit VO's? Are they FUBAR?

Hm....will check this out.
Just tied it lately with own scenario where human player needs to exit via the Victory exit hexes and all worked as intended.
But not working for AI??? New to me....
More to come.... ________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 3
- 2/10/2002 1:44:00 AM   
Redleg

It is working ok for me with AI exiting - I just haven't sat down with the calculator to figure out the values.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 4
- 2/10/2002 3:02:00 AM   
Redleg

I made a little test scenario.
Exiting side had 400 points worth of stuff.
At games end, the exiting side had received nominally, 3 times the value of its troops. The AI received 200 points which is 1/2 of the value of the exiting side troops. So it seems to me that this is working as described in the manual.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 5
- 2/10/2002 10:32:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Redleg:
I made a little test scenario.
Exiting side had 400 points worth of stuff.
At games end, the exiting side had received nominally, 3 times the value of its troops. The AI received 200 points which is 1/2 of the value of the exiting side troops. So it seems to me that this is working as described in the manual.

Ah..Redleg..you´re right off course! We both seem to have misunderstood what richmonder actually meant with the AI not gaining half of opposing forces units! Only the non-exited(!) units count for the opposing player! If all units were exited, then no units are left for the opponent to gain these points (..not regarding casualties/destroyed units). ________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 6
- 2/11/2002 2:18:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Redleg, could you see what the score is if you don't exit any units? the AI should still get 200 points. If not there is a problem. The idea is as a baseline, if you exit everything and lose nothing you have a 6:1 (3:.5)point ratio and a decisive victory. Loses to either either side, or failure to get all the units off, other objectives, etc. skew it from there.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 7
- 2/11/2002 9:03:00 AM   
Redleg

If I do not exit any units via the exit hex,
the AI gets 200 points which is correct + 50 points for a v-hex I put near the AI units so they would entertain themselves there and keep the scenario going. So, a total of 250 points is exactly correct. German side got 0 points which is also correct. I have really looked this over and cannot find anything wrong with it. If there are a lot of units of differing prices and other types of v-hexes present, it gets very hard to analyze. Hope this helps guys.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 8
- 2/12/2002 4:44:00 AM   
richmonder

I would have interceded and clarified things but was out of town this past weekend. So let me do so now... The scenario in question has the AI as the attacker and is tasked to exit it's units. In practice the AI does do this. My point is that the human player will not receive VPs equal to half of the total AI force value. This is where the glitch lies. I tested it a few times with just the AI forces on the board and a few scout units to watch the AI progress across the board and exit - my 'eyes', as it were. The battlescreen gave the AI some 5000 pts or thereabouts and the human player had scored 22. The AI had about a 2200 pt force value. So you see, that is not 50%. Now, how it works for when the human player is tasked as the exiting player seems to play correctly if I am reading your posts correctly. Correct?

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 9
- 2/12/2002 8:43:00 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

And don't forget there seems to be a save game bug with VOs!
If you save the game that means any units already exitted are not counted when you reload - this may only apply to MCNA however...... Anthony

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 10
- 2/12/2002 8:49:00 AM   
Redleg

Well, I have not seen this problem. But I will continue to watch. In fact, I have such a scenario and I will just back off and allow the AI to exit and see what happens.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 11
- 2/12/2002 10:00:00 AM   
Redleg

I just ran a test and allowed the AI to exit its troops unmolested and I received a lot of points. I didn't get out the calculator but the numbers seemed ok to me. Maybe I will do a more controlled test with fixed numbers so it is easier to check the math of it. Basically, in the test I did do, I received enough points to get a draw without firing a shot.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Exit VO snafu Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI