Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Downloading Mega Campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Downloading Mega Campaigns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Downloading Mega Campaigns - 2/10/2002 3:34:00 AM   
Fuerte

Could it be possible to pay with credit card and download Mega Campaigns instead of ordering them by mail? I'm asking because I have heard that the mailing costs more than the actual product. I'm somewhat interested in getting one MC now that most of the bugs have been fixed and because it is possible to play one by e-mail.

Post #: 1
- 2/10/2002 3:52:00 AM   
Supervisor

Unfortuantley no, there on individual pre-made CD's the're not located on anyones servers. Doublecheck with the Matrix store because in speaking with David Heath lately he made it seem that the overseas costs have dropped considerably.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 2
- 2/10/2002 4:37:00 AM   
MARTIN HALL

You have not confirmed where you reside either. Previously it was very expensive in way of postage to actually get the games from Matrix. This may have changed, I can not say. Do not forget, though, that there is a alternative in the form of www.duchet.com based in The UK. They may also still have Desert Fox 1941 which I understand Matrix themselves have sold out of. Thought I would keep your options open.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 3
- 2/10/2002 4:40:00 AM   
Fuerte

I checked the shipping costs: UPS Foreign Expedited $ 50.23
UPS Foreign Express $ 55.26
FedEx International $ 27.50
USPS Global Express Mail $ 29.90
USPS Global Priority Mail $ 12.50 The default is the first one, so the shipping would cost twice the product, total of $75. The last option is quite reasonable, half of the price of the product, total would be $37.49. Still the option to download would be great, especially because the first MC is out of stock.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 4
- 2/10/2002 4:54:00 AM   
Fuerte

In Duchet MC costs 25 pounds + only 1 for shipping, if "despatch options" means the shipping costs. 26 pounds is $36.7, slightly less than the cheapest option in Matrix store.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 5
- 2/10/2002 7:51:00 AM   
Supervisor

Yes Desert Fox is sold out in the Matrix store but both MCNA Desert Fox and MC Lost Victories are available here Chips&Bits for $29.95 each and if my math was correct about $10 for international shipping to Finland. Don't deprive yourself the experience of a MegaCampaign [ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 6
- 2/10/2002 8:02:00 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

When will Matrix manufacture more Desert Fox 1941's? C&B's price and shipping cost to Finland are higher and I would rather support Matrix directly. I already ordered MC-LV and MC-W and I can hardly wait.
Thanks for shopping at Matrix Games.
Please print or save this receipt. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* ORDER ID: #MTX53003
* ORDER DATE 02/8/2002 09:27:27
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*ITEMS ORDERED: Quantity: 1 Item: 1004 Price: $24.99
- Lost Victories 1941 Mega Campaign - Detail Role Playing Campaign On the Russian Front in 1941 for SP World At War
Quantity: 1 Item: 1011 Price: $24.99
- Operation Watchtower 1942 Mega Campaign - Detail Role Playing Campaign on Guadalcanal 1942 for SP World At War

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 7
- 2/10/2002 9:21:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmmm havent posted in a while, thats odd for me. This thread though seems to need access to my thread of several days past.... http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=008261 check it out guys, it only costs as much as you make it cost you to get Mega Campaigns. Thats it in a nutshell.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 8
- 2/10/2002 11:04:00 PM   
Bing

Chips and Bits - www.cdmag.com/cgi-bin/order.cbi_home - has all three MC's in stock. Don't search under "operation" for Watchtower. Look under "watch". LV is under "lost victories" and so on. I just checked C&B overseas shipping rates to Finland - one CD would be a $10.50 US. I've done a lot of business with Chips and Bits and can verify their service is excellent. I get same-day service, or if I order during off hours they ship the next business day. They are in Vefrmont, in the US Eastern Time Zone. C&B is five stars for me. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 9
- 2/10/2002 11:44:00 PM   
Supervisor

Ok Bing quit laughing, so I was off by .50 Thank you for update on the WatchTower though I didn't see that at the time. Desert Fox is out of production and sold out in the Matrix store only, but there are plenty of copies available form 3rd party distributors that Matrix sold to such as Chips&Bits in this thread. [ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 10
- 2/11/2002 12:10:00 AM   
Bing

GeeMan - LIke horse shoes, hand grenades and nculear devices: Close counts, I didn't have correcting you in mind, I was just copying from the C&B web site, I wouldn't have thought of it but I just ordered WT from them. The only real problem with C&B has been finding an item. You won't find WT by searching under "operation", "steel panthers" or "World at war" - but you will find it under either "watch" or "tower". They don't have a publisher search tab, so that is out. Just keep trying if you want to find something. Delivery to the customer depends a lot on how the retailer handles their shipping. C&B is tops in this category is all I will say; they have yet to delay a single item. If its on the shelf, it ships. Can't ask for better, in my mind. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 11
- 2/11/2002 12:27:00 AM   
Fuerte

quote:

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1:
This thread though seems to need access to my thread of several days past.... http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=008261 check it out guys, it only costs as much as you make it cost you to get Mega Campaigns.

I read that, but my English must be bad, I didn't understand the message.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 12
- 2/11/2002 8:21:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hello Fuerte The nuts and bolts of my message, the basic message that is.... Foreign orders can completely eliminate any "going past foreign borders" bonus expenses by the person merely having a US resident buying it for you, and mailing it to you as a personal item in routine US mail (which is only worth a couple of bucks). For instance... it has been the case that coming into Canada, the item will have an extra $21 added on to the cost. Screw the feds and any governmental agencies. Let them get their taxes somewhere else. This may be old news, or not relevant news as of this moment in time. I only know I wont be incurring any extra costs. I will send my friend her repayment as a nice cd of MP3 with a p[ostal money order inclosed (cost to me maybe a whole 2 bucks, and only cause I want to be nice).

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Downloading Mega Campaigns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI