Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MC Stalingrad Suggestion:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MC Stalingrad Suggestion: Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MC Stalingrad Suggestion: - 2/10/2002 9:38:00 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

It appears that, if there is another MC for SP:WaW, it will be the final one I gather from what I've read. I also gather that it is most likely that this final MC will be centered around the battle of Stalingrad. Therefore, I suggest that the leader of the kampfgruppe in this last MC be Oberst Wilhelm Wilder, in honor of Wild Bill, who has done so much to make SP:WaW the fantastic game/experience that it is. Eric Maietta

Post #: 1
- 2/11/2002 6:15:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

Great Idea!!

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
- 2/11/2002 8:52:00 AM   
Supervisor

I second, third and forth the appointment. Ok that's it. It now has become law.

Post #: 3
- 2/13/2002 2:58:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

bump!

Post #: 4
- 2/13/2002 9:46:00 PM   
NeoWhiteWolf

I dont know.... Staligrad was a key victory in Russia's favor but the campaign would be drawn out over a year or two and the scenarios if realistic in scale would be difficult on the easiest setting....(If anyone here has played SHogun Total War theyll know what i mean) It would be fun none the less but...if you did a MC for stalingrad i would like to see a Russian one since the campaign already out deals with germans...
The germans should have circumvented Stalingrad and flanked the river...This way they could get small assualt boats patrolling the river and stukas in the air attacking water supplies eventually the russians wouldhave to break out into a German Assault linbe and either wouldbe wiped out or they would retreatinto the city....EVentually by keeping reinforcments on the opposite shore the city wouyld starve and eventually surrender. I dont know personal opion...if they did this succesful russia would have lost over a million ppl holding the city...

Post #: 5
- 2/14/2002 1:03:00 AM   
Alexandra

Again, I'm going to say that a MC: Stalingrad would be a bad idea, from either side. From the German side: 1. Your core is dead, from before the first scenario. No *unit* that made in into the Kessel gout unit. Individuals from units may have but not the whole unit. 2. Repetition: There is a Stalingrad campaign, and it's a decent one, though I stopped playing it in the city, mostly because each scen became the same. The syyle Russian defense, the same 'suprises', etc. It got to the point where I knew what each VH would be guarded by, how they'd be deployed, etc. There is a great danger of that happening in an MC: Stalingrad. 3. Streetfighting: Se below. From the Russian Side: 1. The first four months: The first four months of the campiagn was a typical mobile campaign - one which the Soviet's lost. The campaign flow ability doesn't allow a true 'you're supposed to lose' option and if it did, it still wouldn't be fun. 2. You're dead: The average Russian unit, in 62nd and 64th Armies, suffered 300 percent turnover. What that means is the unit went into combat, died, was reformed, went back in, died, was reformed, went back, died, was reformed. That's the average. Some of the assault units had 800 or 900 percent turnover. 3. Streetfighing: See below. The biggest flaw to an MC Stalingrad, is SP itself. It does *not* represent infantry casualities and replacement well. That's an engine flaw and is not Matrix's fault. However, what that does is make a true Stalingrad campaign foolish. In irl, if a company goes from 100 men to 25, the next day it's at 25, maybe a few more. In SP: That company is back to 100 5 minutes later, assuming 1 man is left per squad and most players manage that. I'd love to see a Russian oriented MC, but there are better options with Kurks and it's counter offensive being one, and, as I've said before Operation Bagration being another. If it's gonna be the last MC, though, why not do fall '44 to April '45 - the end of the war - and for fun, toss in an option to keep driving into those other Allies! Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MC Stalingrad Suggestion: Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI