Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WatchTower AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> WatchTower AAR Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WatchTower AAR - 2/11/2002 11:53:00 PM   
11Bravo

For those interested, I will keep an after action review of my trials and tribulations with the WatchTower Megacampaign.

Mission 1. We select the Gavutu Option.

Mission 2. Gavutu -- A Mean Little Island.

Take the Island of Gavutu. Our Task Force is commanded by Col. Collins, and is composed of a core Marine infantry company reinforced with an auxiliary Parachute company. We are supported by 2 Destroyers.

The core force under Cpt. Dobbs is composed of 3 infantry platoons, an engineer platoon, and 2 mortar sections with an FO. The aux Para company has supporting mortars as well.

We start out in landing craft heading for the island of Gavutu. Our destroyers fire smoke and we land the parachute company minus one platoon on the seaplane slips, while Dobbs unloads his 1st, 2nd, and Engineer platoons on the Wharf.

Collins sets up shop with the mortars and FO while the platoons start moving toward their objectives, and the destroyer switches to a rolling barrage of HE. The landing craft withdraw along with 2 platoons composing a floating reserve. Heavy Jap mortars pound the troops right from the start and we draw some fire from the Hangers.

The plan is as follows. The paras will follow a rolling barrage through the Hangars and Repair shops seizing 2 VH's and halting at the road. They will avoid the Jungle to the south entirely. The core force will advance North to the Fishing wharf, then swing West taking 2 VH's and the Native Village, and also halting at the road.

This phase goes well. Both forces are able to advance on 2 platoon fronts and usually maintaining a reserve platoon nearby. We get good support from our mortars and the destroyer. Progress is slow, especially because we are under constant mortar fire, but the objectives ar seiezed without unit losses and all units halt at the road. The paras had quite a wait and are in cover when the core finished its long left hook.

We smoke the west side of the road and put across scouts, then start the rolling barrage again. Collins orders the floating reserve to attempt some landings in the enemy rear. The paras will land at the Freshwater Cistern, while the 3rd platoon will land on the West coast and take the Radio Tower. Along the way, several fake landings will be staged to draw attention to the South, while our combined Para and Core forces advance on a narrow front from the East.

This phase is tougher, we keep close to the rolling barrage, smoke caves, suppress MG bunkers, and generally advance slowly while minimizing our casualties. The paras take the two center VH's then form a defensive perimeter. We suspect a counterattack from the jungle to our south, and are not disappointed. For the rest of the battle the Paras will defend these two hexes against uncoordinated Jap attacks from the South. Depleted units exit to the East and defend the VH's there. Mortar units use up their ammo and move inland to help defend VH's. We lose our first unit, a MG squad with the Paras.

Meanwhile in the north, the core is advancing slowly, busting bunkers and dodging fire from caves. Col. Collins moves up to the front drawing fire and suffering several casualties. Cpt. Dobbs races from crisis to crisis. The Engineer platoon racks up 6 Jap squads in heavy fighting, miraculously without losing any squads themselves. Finally the core force takes its two VHs, but no serious counterattacks are experienced.

Now the battle hinges on the floating reserves. The paras land at the Cistern and take it on the first try. The push a defensive perimeter around the objective and take fire from all directions, but especially the Camp to the North. The main paras push through a platoon to clear out the Japs in the Camp. The 3rd platoon land and march to the Radio Tower, arriving just as 2 other platoons advance within site of the Tower from the North and East. In the 3 way cross-fire, the remaining Jap units are shredded.

All objectives taken, with 4 turns to spare, at the cost of only 1 squad. Decisive Victory . The Engineer platoon leads on kills with 10 kills, top honors to Mizerak and Jenkins with 4 each. 8 squads have experience in the 90's.

The battle was much tougher than the final results indicate. The Jap counterattack nearly succeeded, and failed only because it was uncoordinated. The Jap mortars slowed our progress and caused the greatest casualties. Our light losses were a result of some luck, a good plan, and a policy to not risk depleted units. Depleted units had priority for artillary, to cover their withdrawal, and the CO's would race to units in trouble to lend their rallying and fresh numbers to the battle. Strong points were only taken if absolutely necessary to achieve an objective, and only when the situation favored us. Finally, the idea of a floating reserve and
landings in the South and West were good ones, and benefited from some really good timing. Those forces landed only when ground forces were nearby to assist. The landings served to put Jap forces in cross-fires and dilute their counterattacks.

Good scenerio, Redleg!
[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

:)

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.
Post #: 1
- 2/12/2002 7:13:00 PM   
mogami

Hi after 5 missions my order of battle
A0 1st Lt Radford 4 kills (the Col was lost at the coconut plantation.)
B0 Capt Neer 13 kills(Capt Dobbs got sick on the ship and was replaced before first mission. This guy is crazy, runs from one firefight to the next kicking butt and swearing,turns the air blue for 200 yards in every direction but he keeps the company moving. Has hauled more then 1 squads butt out of a bad spot)
C0 2nd Lt Floyd
C1 2nd Lt Mizerak 1 kill
D0 2nd Lt Avery 5 kills
D1 Sgt Nettles 2kills
D2 Sgt Puller 4 kills
D3 Sgt Patton 6 kills
D4 Sgt Ahrens 3 kills
D5 2nd Lt Lazarine 4 kills (Elite)
E0 2nd Lt Wilder 4 kills
E1 Sgt Easter 3 kills(it seems all replacement Sgts are named Easter or Nettles)
E2 Sgt Russell 4 kills
E3 Sgt Hunter 3 kills
E4 Sgt Sprague 1 kill
E5 Sgt Ishim 4 kills
F0 2nd Lt Hodgman 1 kill (every outfit has a hard luck platoon, I think this is mine. Squads from this platoon get wiped out by single bursts from MG in every battle)
F1 Sgt Silva 7 kills
F2 Sgt Easter 5 kills (new but very busy)
F3 Sgt Nettles 5 kills (ditto)
F4 Sgt Baker (brand new I changed name from Easter)
F5 Sgt Moffett (recon he keeps out of trouble)
G0 2nd Lt Nelson 4 kills (Elite)
G1 Sgt Donovan 3 kills
G2 Sgt Mayer 6 kills
G3 Sgt Guzinski (this sqd was wiped out on Makin by a single shot from a 25mm AA gun, next battle it spent the entire fight wandering through empty jungle)
H0 2nd Lt Jenkins 2 kills (I don't like my FO getting into firefights but sometimes....last battle he killed the CO of 28th Regt in hand to hand now he walks around showing off his new Samurai sword... jeez) Last Battle DV Ichiki Assault Ilu River things were pretty hairy for a long time. Marines pushed back but did not break, Company arrived in time to hold Victory hexes and wipe out forward Japanese Infantry. Hand to hand at both fords for several turns with both sides arty not caring who it landed on. Now orders are to make an attack to complete destruction of the Ichiki detachment.
Hi Ho Silver (no post is complete without a eek) [ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 2
- 2/12/2002 8:33:00 PM   
BruceAZ

quote:

Originally posted by Mogami:

F0 2nd Lt Hodgman 1 kill (every outfit has a hard luck platoon, I think this is mine. Squads from this platoon get wiped out by single bursts from MG in every battle)
[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

LOL. Damn, that guy was probally my uncle. He was the blacksheep of the family... Bruce
Semper Fi

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 3
- 2/12/2002 8:46:00 PM   
mao

quote:

G3 Sgt Guzinski (this sqd was wiped out on Makin by a single shot from a 25mm AA gun, next battle it spent the entire fight wandering through empty jungle)

You make it sound like the squad was wiped out, but after that the ghosts of Guzinski's men continued to wander the 'empty jungle'

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 4
- 2/12/2002 8:58:00 PM   
mogami

quote:

Originally posted by mao:

You make it sound like the squad was wiped out, but after that the ghosts of Guzinski's men continued to wander the 'empty jungle'

LOL Sgt Guzinski and the present squad were not on Makin However the late Sgt Flemming and the others of the orginal G3 squad are presently haunting a hill there.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 5
- 2/13/2002 1:54:00 AM   
11Bravo

Our men are stirred into action by the legendary martial achievements of Mogami Mission 3. Tanambago -- An Ugly Finish. Col. Collins issues his always brief orders: "Take Tanambago from the Japs". The Task Force is composed of the Core Force and an Auxiliary Force of 3 Marine Infantry platoons, a section of 30cal MMG, a section of M3 Stuart light tanks, and 2 sections of M1897A2 75mm howitzers. The core and tanks must advance up the rock causeway linking the two islands, while the auxiliary squads are loaded in landing craft. The plan is for the Core Force to advance up the rock causeway, then react to the situation as it develops. The Aux Force will land 2 platoons at the enemy camp on the east side of Tanambogo. A floating reserve of 1 platoon will feint landings down the east coast along with the remaining landing craft. 1 platoon will move west to the radar tower on the hill. The other aux platoon will move south to the native village. If everything works as planned, all the forces can converge on the VH's clustered around the repair shops. The enemy camp is smoked and the main body of Aux Forces land without incident. Moving inland, they encounter fierce resistance from Jap infantry, knee mortars, and a well placed bunker guarding the advance to the radar tower. We pour on the 75mm artillary, and augment with the mortars. Gradually, the enemy camp is taken at the lost of a squad. The landing craft draw fire as they work their way south down the coast, then find a quiet beach to land the reserve. This platoon scouts the native village, avoids the VH to remain hidden, then suppresses an outpost and a few jap squads holding up the advance of the men coming from the enemy camp. The fight seesaws wildly, and the artillary keeps coming in. The men chew up knee mortar squads one per turn. At the half-way point, the Aux Force has linked up two squads in the Native Village, hold the enemy camp with the mortar and depleted squads, and have snuck a beat up platoon through the jungle north of the hill. The cost was high, 4 squads gone. Meanwhile the Core Force enjoys a leisurely walk up the Rock Causeway. Scouts lead and find dug-in enemy units at a distance. These forces succumb grudgingly to tank and infantry assaults. One platoon peels off and tries to wade the shallow water to the beach, but are ripped up by hidden HMG's and caves. They are rescued by smoke and now useless for attacking. The slowly trudge to the rear to secure old VHs. Now for the fun part. The Japs seem obsessed with counterattacking the main body of Aux troops in the Native Village. Through good luck, they bunch up and make easier targets for our massed artillary and MMG fire. The other aux platoon has the radar tower under observation, but they decide to pause until it takes some suppressing fire from the tardy Core Force. Times a wasting so Col. Collins pushes the scouts forward. Sgt. Moffett's squad earns the honor of the first core casualty as his scout patrol is ambushed by a Jap platoon in cover at the Warehouses. Cpt. Dobbs leads him men in a careful, methodical game of search and destroy that racks up kills but holds up the advance. The Aux force presses on without help from the core and takes VHs while sustaining too many casualties for my comfort. Col. Collins is disappointed with the Core Force's progress so he and Cpt. Dobbs take over the point. The Col. pulls a bamboo spear out of his thigh and uses it to point out enemy units for the tanks. The tanks make quick work out any unit they fire at, and leave a weak one for the Col. to pick up his first kill. Thanks to the Aux Force, we take all the VH's in our final push. Decisive Victory at the cost of one core unit. Couldn't have done it without the Aux Force doing all the heavy lifting. Here's how the core boys are fairing after 2 battles. Best unit is the Engineer platoon with 13 kills. Weakest is 1st Platoon (shredded in the shallow water) with none. Top Honors to Mizerak and Flemming from the Engineers with 5 kills each. 9 squads with 90+ experience. KIA are F5 Sgt. Moffett. Next up is Fire on the Flanks -- Red Beach. In the meantime, the boys roast hotdogs on the beach with their new bamboo spears and wash them down with captured Sapporo. The Col. sums up the action, "It was an ugly finish alright, for the Japs". [ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 6
- 2/13/2002 6:50:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Superbly done, 11 Bravo! I'm really enjoying these reports, fellow fighters! This is some great stuff. Keep it going. I'm following each battle report quite closely. I see Mogami is up to his usual evil ( - You said it should be here ). It was probably best you did not go to Tulagi...did anyone else choose the Tulagi option? Thanks for the reports, guys...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 7
- 2/13/2002 10:50:00 AM   
mogami

Capt Neer on radio "A0 this is B0 come in over" (aside "damn his eyes whats that boot up to?") "A0 this is B0 come in, taking heavy fire from other side of river send H0 up here pronto" 2nd Lt Hodgman "Uh Capt, Radford and Jenkins were both right over there a second ago" Capt Neer "Whats that? where?" 2nd Lt Hodgman "Right there sir, where the smoking crater is now, see the Samurai sword laying besides that pile of red goo" "Jap 150mm landed right on top of the HQ and Jenkins was squatting there beside Radford directing arty" Capt Neer "Crap, OK I'll direct the arty, inform all Platoon and company comanders I'm leading this cluster F$%# now" "%$#^% son of a ^%$#%$# get off your &^%$%^#$ and get *&^% moving" 5 minutes later........ Capt Neer comes up on 2nd Lt Wilder "Well whats your major malfunction?" 2nd Lt Wilder "Sir there's a Jap squad 50 meters form here covering the ford, as soon as my other 2 squads get up here I'll move on it" Capt Neer "Ok thats fine, hurry it up, Avery has his platoon across and is sweeping the right side try to keep up with him, I'm going to bring Hodgman in behind you, place him where you want" 2nd Lt Wilder "Aye Aye sir" Capt Neer on radio "F0 this is BO get your scrawny butt up here pronto" static............. Capt Neer "Hodgman where are you boy?"
voice on radio "BO this is F1 (sgt Silva) be advised F0 is down, platoon down to 20 men, please advise..over" Capt Neer "I advise you to get your platoon across that damn river get the &%$#@ out (*^&* those ^%# Jap &$##! mortars right %$#@*!!! now!!!"
do you understand?" Sgt Silva "Aye sir moving out" Capt Neer to radio operator "Get Lt Dale on the horn" to Lt Wilder "Don't wait on 3rd platoon"
to anyone in range "Has any one of you seen that &^%$#% goof off *&^&* colledge boy Nelson (2nd Lt Nelson engineer platoon leader)
Pvt "Hillbilly" Morris 1st Sqd 2nd plt "Sir I saw them thar fellows a hedin off that way" points into the jungle to the left Capt Neer "ok Wilder you make it happen here, I'll go find Nelson and have him support your advance" looks at watch "&%#@!#@# it we were supposed to be alot further ^^%$#$ along we have 15 *&(^% objectives and as far as I can ^%#$ tell only 5 of them have marines on them"
Radio operator "Captain I have Lt Dale"
Capt Neer "Dale your doing fine send a tank over here to support 2nd Platoon he's going to take out the Jap infantry thats holding things up"
throws phone back to radio operator "This is a $%&**#@ friggin nightmare a $%&**#@ nightmare"
Much later..... Capt Neer sat leaning against a splintered tree not far from the ruins of what had intill guite recently been a Japanese field Hospital.
Helmet off he quietly smoked a cigarette and watched the remains of his company regroup. A jeep with Major Gen Vandergrift pulled up. Capt Neer started to rise but the General motioned for him to stay as he was...."Your men did some hard fighting but it's just not good enough" the General said as he surveyed the charred remains of a US Stuart tank (a 75mm hole through the turrent) A young 1st Lt climbed out of the back of the jeep when the General waved him over.
"This is 1st Lt Miles, he will be replacing Radford, this outfit is putting me in a bind, this better improve" the General turned jumped back in his jeep and sped away. Capt Neer closed his eyes "15 objectives in 16 turns all captured by turn 8 then the s*&$ hit the fan, the infantry platoon on the right god knows what happened to it, nobody left to explain, those damn 150mm mortars making marine hamburgers. A good platoon leader dead, think I'll give Silva 3rd platoon now *&^&* *&#@ what next?")ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Order of Battle going into Operation KA A0 1st Lt Miles
B0 Capt Neer 14 kills
C0 2nd Lt Floyd
C1 2nd Lt Mizerak 1 kill
D0 2nd Lt Avery 7 kills
D1 Sgt Nettles 3 kills
D2 Sgt Puller 7 kills
D3 Sgt Patton 6 kills
D4 Sgt Ahrens 3 kills
D5 2nd Lt Lazarine 6 kills (Elite)
E0 2nd Lt Wilder 4 kills
E1 Sgt Easter 5 kills
E2 Sgt Russell 5 kills
E3 Sgt Hunter 3 kills
E4 Sgt Sprague 1 kill
E5 Sgt Ishim 6 kills
F0 2nd Lt Silva 7 kills
F1 Sgt Case (changed from Easter)
F2 Sgt Easter 5 kills
F3 Sgt Nettles 5 kills
F4 Sgt Baker
F5 Sgt Moffett
G1 Sgt Donovan 3 kills
G2 Sgt Mayer 6 kills
G3 Sgt Guzinski (known as "the wanderer")
HO Capt Thomas
Score USMC 7191 IJA 3973 Draw. Camp score now 17(those 14 50 pt per turn VH made it a very tough fight as the Marines were compelled to move quickly and pay the price) [ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 8
- 2/13/2002 5:53:00 PM   
mogami

"Another lackluster performance" Vandergrift droned on 1st Lt Miles stood at attention
"What happened?" the General suddenly snapped
Lt Miles looked at the General "Permission to speak freely sir" Vandy "Of course man speak" Lt Miles "Well sir the landings went fine, we moved through the village as fast as possible knocking out all the japs we encountered. There was a lot of shooting going on way to the south but not much where I was. I sent 3rd platoon to capture the 2 northern most objectives which they did no problem, meanwhile the rest of the company advanced on a two platoon front with the engineers in support. We took the next 2 objectives and then we were out of time. The other company failed to hold the objective near the bridge Marines held all the others." "I don't see what more we could have done....sir" USMC 2068 IJA 751 Campaign Total 20
A0 1st Lt Miles 4 kills
B0 Capt Neer 15 kills
C0 2nd Lt Floyd
C1 2nd Lt Mizerak 1 kill
D0 2nd Lt Avery 8 kills
D1 Sgt Nettles 3 kills
D2 Sgt Puller 9 kills
D3 Sgt Patton 6 kills
D4 Sgt Ahrens 3 kills
D5 2nd Lt Lazarine 6 kills (Elite)
E0 2nd Lt Wilder 4 kills
E1 Sgt Easter 5 kills
E2 Sgt Russell 7 kills
E3 Sgt Hunter 5 kills
E4 Sgt Sprague 1 kill
E5 Sgt Ishim 8 kills (Elite)
F0 2nd Lt Silva 7 kills
F1 Sgt Case 1 kill
F2 Sgt Easter 5 kills
F3 Sgt Nettles 5 kills
F4 Sgt Baker
F5 Sgt Moffett
G1 Sgt Donovan 3 kills
G2 Sgt Mayer 6 kills
G3 Sgt Guzinski (known as "the wanderer")
HO Capt Thomas 2kills funny how my recon are becoming Elite and my FO keeps stepping on snipers/mortars
3rd platoons low kill total reflects 2 things
first squads keep getting whacked and now I have been keeping it in reserve (trying to get it's morale up) Next Hospital Heros!!! [ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 9
- 2/13/2002 9:11:00 PM   
11Bravo

Mission 4. Fire on the Flanks -- Red Beach
1000 Hours August 8, 1942. Clear weather. Visibility 27.
Area of operations is 44x44 hexes. Duration is 20 turns. The Core Force is transported to Guadalcanal under cover of darkness and deposited on Red Beach. Col. Collins comes back from showing off his Bronze Star, Silver Star, Navy & Marine Corps Medal, and George Medal to the regimental CO. Before he can issue his orders, he meets the "replacement" Recon Patrol for 3rd Platoon, Sgt. Moffet. "Thought you died at the Warehouse on Tanambogo. Glad you made it back, rejoin your unit son." "Gather around people. While we were kicking Jap butt on Gavutu and Tanambogo, the rest of the regiment was getting their beauty rest. We now get to cover their left flank, while they sleepwalk toward Henderson Field. Here's the plan: Advance, Kill, Secure VH's. Take care of the boys. Avery and Hodgeman, take your 1st and 3rd platoon and sweep West through the Cattle Grazing area to the South. You will be supported by some recon jeeps, an Engineer team, and a Scout Team detachment. Wilder and Mizerak, take your 2nd and Engineer platoons and sweep West through the Coconut Plantation and the Manager's House. You will be supported by a scout team detachment also. Cpt. Dobbs and I will follow with the mortars and bale you out if things get too rough. They say we get a couple of tanks and the use of some 81mm mortars too. " Turns 1-5. Hodgeman orders his attached scout teams to glide west through the open country toward the cattle grazing area. They creep up into good positions watching 2 of the 3 VH's in that sector. From these positions they observe a platoon of Japs emerge from the Jungle surrounding the Coconut Plantation and move up a trail toward the Grazing Area. They are unable to capitalize on this because no forces are nearby to engage and the FO can not be reached. They observe quietly. Meanwhile, Hodgeman and Avery decide to advance alongside the same trail but on the north side under cover of the jungle. Maybe they can get close enough and attack those units from the flank. Wilder leads his 2nd Platoon slowly up to the first VH. He wants to wait until Mizerak arrives with his engineers, but one of his scout teams bumps into the enemy and withdraws without loss. 81mm mortar fire is called in and two squads assault the unsupported and suppressed Jap squad. Wilder moves up and gets his first kill. Wilder then sends his attached scouts to link up with the engineers and guide them around his right flank. The FO, Lt. Jenkins, takes advantage of the lull and moves his attached 81mm mortar platoon across the trail into good defensible positions. (never trust those crafty scenerio designers). Our recon jeeps arrive and deploy in between Hodeman's and Avery's platoons. We are pleased to see one armed with a .50cal MG. Turns 6-7. Wilder's attached scout teams make contact with the Engineer Platoon and guide them to the right flank. Wilder shifts his platoon left and advances. A knee mortar squad is routed then killed. He calls for the MG to move up and it runs into a Jap squad, killing a man. 60mm mortar fire is called in and Cpt. Dobbs and Col. Collins move up to help the MG unit. In the south, Hodgeman's attached scouts finally get their radios to work and request 81mm mortar fire on a Jap HQ and infantry squad guarding their first objective. No infantry platoons are close enough yet, but the Jeeps can be brought up. The jeeps start to deploy and draw LMG and ATR fire -- no hits! Word flashes over the net that the tanks have arrived. Col. Collins directs them to travel in his wake, they race down the trail and prepare to turn into the plantation. Collins watches expertly fired 60mm mortar fire from Floyd cause 4 casualties and much suppression to the Jap unit. "Damn, that boy is good". Hodgeman's scouts groan as their poorly fired 81 mm misses its massed target, scattering the Japs harmlessly away from that VH. The attack in that sector is reluctantly postponed. Turn 8. Wilder's MG barks fire at the Jap squad and each side loses a man. Collins moves his HQ up and gains his second kill. Wilders left flank stumbles into the Jap platoon HQ and is heavily suppressed by a satchel charge. Other squads close in and trade fire and the VH is taken. Finally, Cpt. Dobbs enters the fray and earns his third kill. One of Wilder's scout teams survives a satchel charge attack and points out what should be the last Jap squad defending that VH. 60mm mortars are called in and the Engineer Platoon maneuvers closer, followed by the 2 Stuart tanks. Hodgeman's and Avery's platoons advance through the jungle while the scout teams continue to watch their flank and the objectives. Floyd's burns up the rest of his mortar shells and extracts 7 casualties from his victim. Turn 9. Sgt. Fleming from Engineer platoon moves up and tosses a satchel charge into the smoking Jap position, bagging his 6th kill. Wilder shifts his platoon further left so it can approach the south side of the next objectives. Hodgeman and Avery move their MG's unseen to the trail and cover their first two VH's. The scouts again lose site of the Japanese units guarding the objective. Collins sends the tanks off to support Hodgemans attack, "less than useless in this darn plantation." <> One of the MG units fires at a moving Jap squad without effect. The attack for the southern group of objectives begins! Turn 10. Avery's MG let's loose against a surprised Jap Plt HQ squad. The initial volley misses and they take LMG fire in return. After rallying, they inflict a few casualties. After a long journey, the first tank pops out of the Jungle onto the trail and takes an ATR hit which damages the turret. The section leaders tank pulls along side and pours on 37mm fire which surpresses the HQ. Now the jeeps pop out behind the tanks and pass them while inflicting casualties on two additional Jap infantry squads. Hodgeman's platoon emerges from the jungle right on top of the panicking Japanese platoons flank. In a roar of BAR and SMG fire, two Japanese squads fall. Avery's platoon begins a long bound through the jungle to emerge on the flank of the second objective. We will take the first objective next turn. 81mm mortar and smoke is called to screen the advance. Back north, Wilder and Mizerak continue their maneuvers. The attached scout teams can observe some drying sheds near the Managers House complex. Turn 11 and 12. In the south again, the mortar fire and smoke arrive, with better accuracy than last time, but with no casualties. The tanks creep up and deliver suppressing fire while Hodgeman's platoon sweeps across the objective, wiping out the last enemy squad and seizing the VH. The smoke conceals them from any units defending the next objective. Avery continuous the right hook through the jungle. Wilder and Mizerak continue advance within 100 meters of their second objective in the Coconut Plantation. Turn 13 and 14. Battles raging in the north and south zones. Avery's platoon and attached engineer section race to the edge of the jungle and fire on an enemy squad. A knee mortar starts shelling Hodgemans platoon, which advances, but can not find the offending unit. 81mm is called in on the suspected Japanese positions, while both platoons MG units maneuver for clear fields of fire. Tanks and jeeps hang back until needed. Half of an engineer squad is wiped out by a satchel charge tossed on them by a huge Japanese labor squad. Another engineer squad captures the middle VH and helps out. Together they reduce the enemy squad by 19 men, with many of the casualties caused by grenades and satchel charges. Wilder's squad decides not to engage and continues to creep toward the Manager's House. His attached scout team guards a road leading from the Drying Sheds. <> Two more labor squads counterattack and are stopped. The first is destroyed. In the south, knee mortars fall on empty land as Hodgemans platoon rushes the suspected enemies position. They find the knee mortar but one of the squads is ambushed by a well covered infantry squad. Avery's men give up better targets to pour fire on the ambushing enemy, adding suppression but no casualties. The engineers guarding Avery's flank move up and draw HMG fire from a concealed position. The tanks see the HMG and the knee mortar and start firing 37mm and 30cal. but causing no casualties. A jeep dashes up to rescue the depleted squad, which rallies and loads. It hightails for concealment. The HQ platoon is spotted and mortar fire is called in. Once that ATR is suppressed the tanks can be brought into more effective range. <> More knee mortars fall, pinning Avery. Our mortars fall around the Jap platoon HQ unit which dances away from danger. More accurate mortar fire pummels the HMG position, setting it ablaze and causing a casualty. Much fire on both sides, but with little effect. Turn 15. Avery's platoon is stuck. At 250 meters from the main enemy body guarding the second VH, it is too far away to be effective. It can't close the gap, because of the HMG and the platoon HQ keep it suppressed. Meanwhile the casualties are starting to add up. Avery sends his attached engineers to attack the HMG position. One squad closes to 100 meters while the other springs into the open, tossing smoke and taking casualties. Even so, Avery's platoon is rendered useless from suppression. Hodgeman's platoon will have to take the initiative. Sgt. Usher rushes one too many hexes and is reduced to 4 men by the displaced crewman of a knee mortar squad. They rally but can't risk an assault. Sgt. Silva rushes up to help and his squad is reduced to a single man by the same crewmen! Two squads in peril. Hodgeman rushes out to help his men rally. He calls up armor which pours fire on the fanatical crewmen with no effect. A second tank risks close assault and extracts Usher's squad. It can only back up 100 meters. The jeep dashes in again and rescues Silva, and rushes back to the rear. This leaves the armor deployed forward with no support except Hodgeman, the leader of a decimated platoon. He calls in more mortars. Maybe the tide will turn next turn. Sgt. Nichol's depleted squad, rescued only minutes before, crawls forward and gives weak covering fire. In the north, Wilder's and Mizerak's platoons are now on a line and start sweeping the buildings of the Manager's House, their final objective. A squad is halved by another satchel charge wielding labor squad. They rally, pour it on, and are rewarded with another casualty. An engineer unit moves up and takes a bite out of labor squad. 60mm is called on and all the units maneuver closer for the next push. <> Donovan's mortars drop onto the labor squad causing 4 casualties. Our depleted squad attempts to flee but is trapped in the burning building. Over in the Cattle Grazing Grounds, 81mm falls haphazardly and without effect. Turn 16-20. The tide begins to turn. Avery's scout patrol leads an engineer squad to the hidden HMG and it is finally silenced. Avery's platoon becomes unstuck and moves forward 100 meters, under continuous harassment from the enemy platoon HQ. It racks up its first two kills. The tanks begin to duel with the HQ unit despite its ATR reach. Some casualties are noticed with no return fire. The tanks withdraw. In the north, Mizerak's men take the final VH in the Manager's House and deploy defensively there and in the Coconut Plantation. Wilder's men begin a trek south to assist what's left of Avery and Hodgeman's platoons. They know its too late too help. Avery's men advance another 50 meters and take tremendous casualties from the same crewmen which decimated Hodgeman's platoon. One tank is called in to blast them into deep suppression while a second tank overruns them. A cheer rises up as the knee mortar crewman cower under the attack and flee. The advance continues. Three turns left. The Japanese Defense HQ makes itself known by bouncing an ATR off a tank. Nobody can spot it so the vehicles pour fire on another knee mortar crew while they rumble west looking for an unguarded route into the objective. Avery's attached engineer squad rushes the pesky platoon HQ and dispatches it. A HMG opens up on what's left of Hodgemans platoon, pinning it down. Hodgeman gives up, his advance to the final objective blocked. The last 60mm mortar rounds are ordered up. Avery's men are too far away to get the last objective. Its up to the scouts, tanks, and jeeps. Two turns left. The tanks and jeeps hook around the objective and find the western approach unguarded. They advance within 100 meters and find the Japanese HQ. The engineer unit rushes in and everyone blazes away. A hidden jap infantry unit joins the fray. The Jap HQ is reduced and the other unit suppressed. 100 meters and 1 turn left. 81mm mortars are available and called in. Avery's men pinned down and being whittled away by fanatic knee mortar crewmen. The mortars offer supression but no casualties. Even worse, a hidden Japanese squad armed with an ATR emerges. The jeep with the .50cal goes up in flames. Much shooting by everyone, but no obvious effect. One tank fires and its 37mm gun malfunctions. It leaps forward and captures the VH, grinding the Jap HQ under its treads. The second tank remains in place and fires its MG's, no more HE for the main gun. The engineer unit moves up and is stopped short by the remaining two Jap squads. We have the hex, but can we hold it? 81mm is called in on our position. Yes! Decisive Victory No unit casualties except one vehicle, the crew survived. Col. Collin ambles up. "We got coconuts for lunch, fall out." Engineers still take best platoon honors with 16 kills, with Sgt. Flemming leading with 6. Avery's platoon finally got on the board with 3 kills. 11 men with experience 90+. Next up is Ambush! Matinakau River. We take the rescue mission option. This scenerio was a cliff-hanger!

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 10
- 2/13/2002 11:51:00 PM   
mao

"We take the rescue mission option" Good AARs --- you are a few scenarios behind me. I can't wait to see your rescue mission AAR...

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 11
- 2/14/2002 12:13:00 AM   
11Bravo

3 MCOW Battles completed and I have some observations. First the kudos. So far I have found the scenerios are excellent, challenging, surprising, fun, not too easy, not too hard (yet) . The material is fun to read also. For those wanting to go much further, try "Guadalcanal, The Definitive Account of the Landmark Battle" by Richard B. Frank. Good core force for this campaign in both size and composition. The enemy is interesting and varied so far, with bamboo spears, armed civilians, labor battalions, knee mortar squads, the always surprising HQ squads. Lot's of fun there. Now some of my lessons learned. Use recon only where there is visibility. If the visibility is only 1 hex like in jungle or the coconut plantation, move them out to the flanks to warn against counterattacks or take long walks with them by roundabout paths to watch distant VH's. Their high cost and low survivability don't warrant combat. Even so, several of mine do have kills. Don't advance down the obvious routes. Trails are for walking alongside, not on. Another good use for recon is to patrol your rear, so those trails and roads can be used safely to rush reinforcements up front. Advance on a 3 fresh squad front with recon and MG to the flanks and leaders directly behind. Move 2 spaces max when contact is expected.
Use your leaders to rally your troops. Use them to finish off a weak enemy, or to rescue a squad in trouble if his mates can't do the job. Try to engage one enemy unit at at time and finish him off. Using a leader to kill a weakened unit allows fresh squads to continue the advance with all their movements, shots, and low suppression. Consider keeping your 60mm mortars forward, with the leaders. Their accuracy is uncanny from 150 meters, racking up casualties. My infantry eviscerate knee mortars from ranges of 0 to 100 meters when they serve their weapons. When they abandon their weapons, the crewman eviscerate my men. When your mortars run out of HE, use them as infantry to guard VH's. You can even abandon their tubes to give them some more mobility (I think). Use jeeps, tanks, whatever as ambulances, and have a well concealed or covered rallying point in the rear for basket cases. Depleted squads with some defensive punch can defend VH's or occupy positions with good fields of fire about 300 meters from the action. From there they can still spot, and dish out suppressive fire once in cover. Manage your ammo. Use suppressive weapons like satchel charges, grenades, rifle grenades on the first rounds, then consider letting the rifles and SMG's do the rest. Just don't forget to turn them back on later. Learn the ranges at which your units are effective. I have learned that 150 meters gives me plenty of punch. Anything further out and I am just suppressing them, which is fine when that is what your want to do. And just keep laughing. This game is a lot of fun, even when Collins is being attacked by spears. Try a little "friendly fire". Watch which way the wind blows, then start a controlled fire with mortars or artillary. I have never intentionally done this but I don't see any reason why you can't have that final VH cluster in a raging inferno by 15 turns. You could also use it as a smoke generator to screen off an area of the map. I know what my men do in fire -- break out the marshmallows! Think like a scenerio designer. When he gives you tanks, he probably gave them AT. When he gives you boats, you probably will need them. When he points you down a path, you probably shouldn't go there. When a region of the map is labeled, it is probably inhabited. That nearly invisible rise blocking your vision means there is something behind it that you should care about. Use the MapThing utility, and the Campaing Watcher for added enjoyment. And finally, a question. How can I get better use of my MG's? I mean the .30cal attached to each platoon? They get depleted rapidly on the advance and end up eating their beans and weanies on the rear VHs. What should I do? [ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 12
- 2/14/2002 12:52:00 AM   
mao

quote:

Use recon only where there is visibility... their high cost and low survivability don't warrant combat. Even so, several of mine do have kills.

But, they are usful... in a recent scenario (one by Mogami) two of my recon squads got behind enemy lines and destroyed 5 (or 6?) 75mm artillery pieces in 2 turns - it was a beautiful thing to see... with some stealth and luck, recon squads can be very useful.
quote:

Try to engage one enemy unit at at time and finish him off. Using a leader to kill a weakened unit allows fresh squads to continue the advance with all their movements, shots, and low suppression.

...and take advantage of the fact that the Japanese never retreat (at least, I have never seen it). They will stay in the same position and let themselves be massacred, it is nice to see those squads go from 15-12-9-6-4-2-1-0 without retreating
quote:

And just keep laughing. This game is a lot of fun, even when Collins is being attacked by spears. Try a little "friendly fire". Watch which way the wind blows, then start a controlled fire with mortars or artillary.

How do you (or can you) intentionally create a fire? I assume it is a matter of luck. [ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: mao ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 13
- 2/14/2002 1:14:00 AM   
Alexandra

Excellent AARs! Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 14
- 2/14/2002 1:31:00 AM   
mogami

Major General Vandergrift spoke at 1st Lt Miles Funeral "He led his men magnificently, the defense of the division hospital will be recorded as a decisive victory for the United States Marine Corps." 1st Lt Miles had sent 3rd platoon to watch the southern approaches while he and the remaing 2 raced to the hospital, getting there just as Japanese infantry were bursting into the wards, the marines had quickly killed all the enemy in the hospital area and were moving to the east when 3rd platoon had called for help,they were engaged by at least a company sized force and were being pushed back. Miles had sent the engineers while he finished up. When all looked secure he had Capt Neer continue to attack towards the east while he raced to direct 2nd Lt Silva's and Nelson, unfortunaly as he made his way south he ran into a stray Japanese infantry squad USMC 4430 IJA & IJN 624 DV (My campaign score was 20 going into this battle, after the DV it stands at 19?) Defending the Airfield is next A0 1st Lt Guiterez (he has seen how long A0's survive, last seen packing his belongings and preparing his will)
B0 Capt Neer 16 kills (Elite)
C0 2nd Lt Floyd
C1 2nd Lt Mizerak 1 kill
D0 2nd Lt Avery 10 kills
D1 Sgt Nettles 4 kills
D2 Sgt Puller 11 kills
D3 Sgt Patton 7 kills
D4 Sgt Ahrens 3 kills
D5 2nd Lt Lazarine 7 kills (Elite)
E0 2nd Lt Wilder 7 kills
E1 Sgt Easter 10 kills
E2 Sgt Russell 9 kills
E3 Sgt Hunter 6 kills
E4 Sgt Sprague 1 kill
E5 Sgt Ishim 9 kills (Elite)
F0 2nd Lt Silva 8 kills
F1 Sgt Case 5 kill
F2 Sgt Easter 7 kills
F3 Sgt Nettles 5 kills
F4 Sgt Baker 1 kill
F5 Sgt Moffett 2 kills
G1 Sgt Donovan 5 kills
G2 Sgt Mayer 12 kills
G3 Sgt Guzinski 1 kill
HO Capt Thomas 2kills
I don't know about not using recon, mine tear up Jap squads. (except for those nutty officers A0 and B0 no squad goes where their platoon recon has not already checked out)(the engineer platoon wishes it had a platoon recon team-it's squads get zapped )(thought I was going to forget huh?) [ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 15
- 2/14/2002 1:47:00 AM   
11Bravo

Col. Collins to his Recon Patrols, "You guys carry those rifles for a reason. Those other companies out there are getting it done, now go on, make me proud!" Now someone tell me how to get better use out of those MG squads. Regarding fires, never set one intentionally for a tactical purpose, but I had much of the east end of Gavutu on fire at the end. Several squads got caught in the flames and retreated to the rear. Made me think of trying it sometime, tactically.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 16
- 2/14/2002 2:02:00 AM   
mogami

Hi 11 Bravo, my MGs only have 5 kills, this is because they usally are 1. farther back and 2. they fire first. I suppress with the .30's and then move as close as I can (to get the best out of my Thompsons) The .30's do not move as often, although the platoon tend to move slow intill a good overwatch position for the .30's is reached. Then my recon jumps out 3-4 hexes in front of the platoon (I use a platoon wedge formation mostly)
next turn I move the recon 1 hex at a time in a zig zag. If all clear the platoon moves it's full allowance forward, when it gets to where the .30 can not cover it's front it stops while the .30 moves forward (the recon kind of just snoops around for a turn or two) if the recon encounters the enemy the .30 fires all it can then the recon fires (often this is enough since my recon fires 7 times) if the return fire suppressess my recon they rally and stop shooting while the platoon squads come up (don't stack) and engage. If it is a company advance I have 2 platoon wedges backed up by the third platoon and then the engineers (I try not to let my engineers get into firefights, I have other jobs fors them) Often when being engaged the platoons will back up rather then wait for the .30's this brings them into the fight faster (the Japs always follow)

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 17
- 2/14/2002 2:06:00 AM   
11Bravo

My Mogami-Style OOB After 3 shooting battles (4 missions) # Rank Leader Kills Exp
A0 Col Collins 2 94
B0 Cpt Dobbs 3 93
C0 2Lt Floyd 0 82
C1 Sgt Donovan 0 82
D0 2Lt Avery 1 74
D1 Sgt Nettles 1 81
D2 Sgt Puller 0 82
D3 Sgt Patton 0 82
D4 Sgt Ahrens 0 77
D5 Sgt Lazarine 1 98
E0 2Lt Wilder 1 76
E1 Sgt Phillips 4 82
E2 Sgt Russell 1 81
E3 Sgt Hunter 2 84
E4 Sgt Sprague 0 88
E5 Sgt Ishim 1 96
F0 2Lt Hodgman 1 90
F1 Sgt Silva 2 90
F2 Sgt Nicholas 1 83
F3 Sgt Usher 3 85
F4 Sgt Perez 0 83
F5 Sgt Moffett 0 92 (rep)
G0 2Lt Mizerak 5 100
G1 Sgt Nelson 4 95
G2 Sgt Mayer 1 91
G3 Sgt Flemming 6 95
H0 2Lt Jenkins 0 80 KIA
F5 Moffet, Tanambogo, ambushed on recon [ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 18
- 2/14/2002 4:14:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Man, I am really enjoying these, like watching a movie on the thing, film is running in my mind as I read...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 19
- 2/14/2002 4:57:00 PM   
mogami

The early morning sun rise resembled a Japanese flag, reddish sun rays streaming from behind the cotton like clouds. Major General Vandegrift walked down the length of Henderson Field conducting a morning damage inspection. Fires still burned in the jungle around the airfield and smoke still rose from the bodies scattered over the entire area.
Heaps of Japanese dead surrounded the stone building the late engineer Capt Landry had occupied. The eastern edge of the airfield was carpeted with more. Clean up details had already piled Japanese small arm and mortars in an ever growing mound. General Vandegrift saw 1st Lt Guiterez and Capt Neer sitting in a gun emplacement drinking bottles of Japanese Beer.
The General strolled over after motioning for his staff to keep going. He sat down on the sandbag emplacement " You came through, shining through Lt. Col Cates has reported on the fine job. Every Marine on this hell-hole appreciates what you and your men did last night during the moment of crisis" Lt Guiterez, black face streaked and grimey, tattered and in parts still smolding uniform smiled slightly and waved his beer bottle. "Thank you sir, my men and I certainly appreciate the praise" "Where in hell did you find beer?" the General inquired "Sir it was found in the remains of a Japanese gun carrier (37mm AT gun) we knocked out last night, It also helps explain why the Japanese infantry was so happy last night" "Scouts report finding empty beer and Saki bottles all around our peremiter this morning." "Well take it easy, I've got something for you and your men later on, report to my CP at 1030 hours" with that the General resumed his inspection.
Capt Neer opened another bottle of Kirin "This stuffs not too bad" "Be even better cold" replied Guitierez "It's not Dos Equis but I'm feeling better" Capt Neer sat watching the sun rise, his ears still ringing from the terrific up roar of last nights battle. His eyes shifted to the South West corner of the airfield as he recalled it was from this direction the first shots had came. He had been preparing to sack out for the night several hundred meters from where Wilders platoon had just started to dig in. Out beyond the wire, in the direction Sgt Ishim and his recon team prowled a star shell fired by a mortar had suddenly lit the night. Then the stillness had been broken by dozens of Japanese bugles blaring. Impacts of many mortar rounds falling in 2nd platoons positions and the sound of Sgt Spragues .30cal. He had raced forward to get an idea of what was going on, along the way he encountered Lt Guiterez. "OK here they come" Guiterez had yelled over the racket 2nd Lt Wilder could be seen directing the what was left of 2nd platoon into a new line.
3rd platoon was also busy, the sound of heavy firing coming from north of where 2nd platoon had been placed. 2nd Platoon had not been dug in. (they had just been moved to that position) 3rd Platoon was well entrenched and putting up quite a fight. To the south and east the engineer platoon of 2nd Lt Nelson became engaged. Capt Neer had moved forward and saw large numbers of Japanese infantry moving through the cattle grazing area (at least a company) Moving up beside Sgt Hunter (Wilders one remaining combat worthy squad) He had helped fight off this first assault. Meanwhile Lt Guitierez had found a jeep mounting a .30cal a stuart and directed them into the gap caused by 2nd platoons being pushed back.
The line began to stabilize but heavy firing could now be heard further south where the seabees and engineers were housed. 1st platoons (extream north west corner of line).30 also began firing. The Japanese came in waves singing and yelling obscene epithets at the Marines. Loud speakers behind the Japanese attack blared military marches and it appeared to Capt Neer that the Japanese were having a good time. After stabilizing the situation he again found Lt Guitierez now over behind the engineer platoon. He had been busy moving several .50cal AA guns to extend the line across the southern edge of the airstrip. Floyd and Mizerak were also here working their mortars as quickly as possible laying down a barrage in support of the beleagured Seabees and Engineers to the south. A second Stuart was in position firing rapidly. The illumination lighting the darkness and revealing hundreds of swarming Japanese. Capt Neer had picked up 2nd Lt Lazaire (1st platoon recon) and ordered him to follow. "It's pretty bad down by the Seabees" Guitierez yelled "Capt Landry has been calling for help, what can you spare?" "Right now? Myself, Lazarine and maybe a squad from 3rd platoon, I'll join Nelson and try to fight our way down there" Guitierez had nodded agreement and went off to extend his makeshift line a bit further. Capt Neer had called 2nd Lt Silva and gotten Sgt Easter's squad Silva had sent his recon team (Sgt Moffet) as well. This force moved into line with the engineer platoon and began slowly fighting towards the surrounded and out gunned Seabee's.
The attack developed into a charge of the Marines colliding with a charge of the Japanese. Hand to hand combat lasting many minutes. Sgt Guzinski's entire squad was crushed by a tidel wave of Japanese that in turn was broken by the combined fire of 2 squads, a Stuart, a jeep .30 and several 37mm AT guns being wheeled forward.
Floyds mortar had ran out of ammo and had to be resupplied, but they now commencing firing anew from positions right in the middle of the airfield while fresh ammo was unloaded.
Capt Landry had ceased radio communication, a large fire burned directly next to the stone building (Plantation managers house) The Marines used this as a beacon to guide their assault. Firing to the east confirmed that comrades were still battling and in need of help.
At last the Japanese attack ended, the loud speakers were turned off and the firing faded away. Capt Neer had went to all his platoons positions and found Sgt Sprague had been lost in the opening moments, Sgt Guzinski, well he knew what happened to him, but he could not locate 2nd Lt Lazarine or any member of 1st platoons recon team. He was found shortly before daylight amoung the remains of several Japanese mortar teams. Bayoneted not far from this scene the bodies of a Japanese SNLF squad lay. Lazarine had gotten too far afield in his quest to silence the enemy mortars and had ran afoul a large body of infantry. He was not the kind of Marine to retreat. "Hey hand me another beer, time for one more"
Hey Captain wake up" Lt Guitierez brought the Capt out of his rememberence, He tossed the Lt another beer. This was an outstanding battle (as are they all)
USMC 3624 Japanese 545 DV Camp Score going backwards now 18 Next Tasmboko Raid
Order of Battle A0 1st Lt Guiterez 1kill /94
B0 Capt Neer 22 kills /102
C0 2nd Lt Floyd 0/85
C1 2nd Lt Mizerak 1 kill/86
D0 2nd Lt Avery 11 kills/93
D1 Sgt Nettles 8 kills/99
D2 Sgt Puller 11 kills/99
D3 Sgt Patton 12 kills/98
D4 Sgt Ahrens 5 kills/92
D5 Sgt Collins 0/103
E0 2nd Lt Wilder 8 kills/97
E1 Sgt Easter 10 kills/95
E2 Sgt Russell 9 kills/98
E3 Sgt Hunter 13 kills/95
E4 Sgt Lamantia 0/91
E5 Sgt Ishim 10 kills/101
F0 2nd Lt Silva 9 kills/91
F1 Sgt Case 6 kills/95
F2 Sgt Easter 17 kills/96
F3 Sgt Nettles 7 kills/94
F4 Sgt Baker 2 kills/93
F5 Sgt Moffett 3 kills/95
G0 2nd Lt Nelson 7 kills/102
G1 Sgt Donovan 8 kills/94
G2 Sgt Mayer 18 kills/102
G3 Sgt Edwards 0/95
HO Capt Thomas 2 kills/90 [ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 20
- 2/14/2002 10:51:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Fantastic overview, Mogami! Simply great. Are you saying you lost points this time? If that is the case, I'd like to know more about that. I've never seen that happen. WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 21
- 2/15/2002 9:42:00 AM   
mogami

Hi, Wild Bill I have gained DV's last 2 battles and lost 1 campaign point each time (I was at 20 won a DV went to 19 won a DV went to 18) [ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 22
- 2/15/2002 10:21:00 AM   
BruceAZ

quote:

Originally posted by Mogami:

2nd Lt Hodgman "Uh Capt, Radford and Jenkins were both right over there a second ago"
Capt Neer "Whats that? where?"
2nd Lt Hodgman "Right there sir, where the smoking crater is now, see the Samurai sword laying besides that pile of red goo" "[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

The big question is when are you going to put 2nd Lt Hodgman in for a DSC? Obviously, he must be a Ring Knocker and needs looking after. The Avery fellow is a Mustang - send him to 8th & I. They will straighten his sorry butt out with a few laps around Quantico Red Field One... :-) Semper Fi

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 23
- 2/15/2002 1:31:00 PM   
mogami

Greetings, First my campaign score is unreliable. I was given a draw and gained 3 points where the DV's lose a point. I captured every objective this mission but the score was only USMC 1398 Japan 848. I destroyed everything I found except one command post (I was working on it on turn 15) also my squads experience went backwards. I just installed the 7.1 beta patch on turn 10 of this battle (Japs retreat now if they get hit too hard in a turn)
Sorry 5threcon poor 2nd Lt Hodgman had a 150mm land on him not long after the quoted conversation. (hope he was not related)

-------------------------------------------------- It little profits that an idle king,
By this still hearth, among these barren crags,
Matched with an aged wife, I mete and dole
Unequal laws unto a savage race,
That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me.
I cannot rest from travel; I will drink
Life to the lees. All times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone; on shore, and when
Through scudding drifts the rainy Hyades
Vext the dim sea. I am become a name;
For always roaming with a hungry heart
Much have I seen and known--cities of men
And manners, climates, councils, governments,
Myself not least, but honored of them all,--
And drunk delight of battle with my peers,
Far on the ringing plains of windy Troy.
I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
Gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades
For ever and for ever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!
As though to breathe were life! Life piled on life
Were all too little, and of one to me
Little remains; but every hour is saved
From that eternal silence, something more,
A bringer of new things; and vile it were
For some three suns to store and hoard myself,
And this gray spirit yearning in desire
To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.
This is my son, mine own Telemachus,
To whom I leave the scepter and the isle,
Well-loved of me, discerning to fulfill
This labor, by slow prudence to make mild
A rugged people, and through soft degrees
Subdue them to the useful and the good.
Most blameless is he, centered in the sphere
Of common duties, decent not to fail
In offices of tenderness, and pay
Meet adoration to my household gods,
When I am gone. He works his work, I mine.
There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail;
There gloom the dark, broad seas. My mariners,
Souls that have toiled, and wrought, and thought with me,
That ever with a frolic welcome took
The thunder and the sunshine, and opposed
Free hearts, free foreheads--you and I are old;
Old age hath yet his honor and his toil.
Death closes all; but something ere the end,
Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
Not unbecoming men that strove with gods.
The lights begin to twinkle from the rocks;
The long day wanes; the slow moon climbs; the deep
Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield --------------------------------------------------
Tasmiboko Raid "Where the hell am I? Smoke rising from the ground? Wait it's not smoke it's some kind of fog or mist. I hear music sounds like Goodman. Guess I'll feel my way in that direction....Looks like somekind of hunting lodge, geez it's huge. There's a Marine Corps Globe and Anchor over the door, wonder if I should knock? Door opens and a bright light pours out, the music is very loud now and it sounds like a massive party is taking place inside. "Well hello Captain we certainly were not expecting to see you here, at least not yet" "Why your Mizerak 2nd Lt Mizerak my engineer platoon commander, well you used to be anyway. I thought you were dead. That smart college boy Nelson you remember Sgt. Nelson? He has your platoon now" "Hehe I'll let Colonel Collins explain it to you, come on in old man you look terrible, have something to eat you'll feel better" The Captain stepped in, the hall was enormous and packed with Marines, many were guys he had known for years, only ... only they were all dead, at least he had thought they were dead. Then he saw Jerkins holding a large beer mug and engaged in heated conversation with some Marine wearing a Raider patch. Captain Neer grabbed Jerkins by the shoulder and turned him around. Jerkins face registered first suprise and then smiled "Well how do Captain what are you doing here?" "No Jerkins what are you doing here? I put what was left of you into an ammo crate and buried it not a week ago" "Oh boy Captain you better have a seat, you look like your going to pass out. Here let me help you" Jerkins helped Captain Neer over to a chair at a long table. The table had steaming plates of every kind of food you could think of. Bottles of every kind of 'who hit Joe' crowded another table. There were great troughs full of ice and bottles of beer. And the women WOW! every Marine had at least one dame hanging all over him.
A juke box the size of a Sherman blared 'Chattanooga Choo Choo' louder then a battleships broad side. "I do feel kind of dizzy" Captain Neer said as Jerkins helped him sit down. "It's all right Captain" Jerkins grabbed a Budwiser from a trough and held the cold bottle to the Captains temple
"You'll feel better in a minute" "Neer my boy what are you doing here?" a loud voice coming from across the table. Captain Neer looked up and there sat his old boss Colonel Collins, He shook his head trying to clear the cobwebs. Colonel Collins studied him for a minute "I understand Captain, your confused"
"It's malaria, you don't belong here, your welcome of course but you really can't stay for long, you've work still to do. This place is for the R&R of Marines who have done their duty " Captain Neer felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked up, into the smiling face of Jack Silva, one time Sgt. in third platoon and after a Jap 150mm had done in Hodgman he was promoted to platoon leader, but, he tried to remember....Tasmiboko yes that was it. No one had seen hide nor hair of Silva after the Tasmiboko Raid! "Hello Captain remember me?" Silva asked as he ruffed up the Captains hair "You old jarhead I think your lost" "The Captain has malaria" Colonel Collins told Silva "Oh I see, well get better soon your needed" he started to walk off but Captain Neer held on to his arm "Where did you go?" the Captain asked "Ah, still worried about me? Don't everything is sweet, but if you must know I'll tell you'"
SIlva sat down in the chair besides the Captains.
"The mission started out with 3rd platoon in the rear of the column as we advanced down the trail towards the village, you were up front with the Raiders. We heard the shooting start as you guys hit the Japs. I was hustling my platoon down the trail when we took fire from the jungle edge on the South side of the trail. I figured it was a jap patrol so I deployed 3rd platoon in the trees on the North side and engaged. About this time all those flyboys came over on their bombing runs up in the village. We killed a couple of jap squads but more just kept coming. A gap had appeared between 3rd platoon and the rest of the Marines as the front of the column kept going west. Before I realized it 3rd platoon was cut off and what I had taken for a Jap patrol turned out to be a Jap Battalion. By the way sorry about the old man chewing you guys out. Up here we thought you did a great job. Anyway I decided to try to get out of the pickle by heading for the coast and moving up that way, perhaps one of those DD/transports could come down and pick us up or at least lend those 4" in support. We hightailed it, I told the squad leaders it was every man for themselves and we would rally on the coast or on the high hill the mortars were set up on. I tried to get the aircorps and Navy to fly some support to pin down the Japs so I could disengage and retreat but it took along time to get them to understand.
Finally the platoon got a hundred or so yards from the Japs and I thought we might have a chance but Jap mortars started pounding the jungle and we couldn't move for a few minutes. Long enough it turned out for the Japs to get behind us. It was pretty bad after that, we'd run as fast as we could bump into Japs take fire lose men, return fire kill a few of them and then run some more. I got about half way before they got me. I was alone by now and Floyd and the other mortars were doing a great job but there was simply too many Japs. I was pretty sore when I got here but the OLE man calmed me down said not to worry, you and the boys will set it to right. Well, I've got a couple of hot ones waiting, see you later Captain. Oh give these to Easter" he gave the Captain a set of golden 2nd Lt bars.
Captain Neer closed his eyes and tried to get his head to clear, the bright light, he opened his eyes. He was laying flat on his back looking up into a blue sky. He felt like he had the all time hangover. A shadow fell on him he looked up at the silhouette standing over him "Captain I just left HQ, the Japs are going to try for the airfield, we've been ordered up in support" it was Lt Guitierez "Come on quit loafing" Captain Neer stood up, wobbled a bit and then felt a bit better "OK lets go do it"
He looked at the butterbars he clutched in his hand and then looked around and shook his head again. "Sgt. Easter these are yours now, Silva said so"
OB going into 'The Big Push' Henderson Field
A0 1st Lt Guitierez 1/96
B0 Capt Neer 28/104
C0 2nd Lt Flyod 0/86
C1 Sgt Emerson 0/86
D0 2nd Lt Avery 11/93
D1 Sgt Nettles 9/94
D2 Sgt Puller 11/96
D3 Sgt Patton 12/95
D4 Sgt Ahrens 5/92
D5 Sgt Collins 3/104
E0 2nd Lt Wilder 8/93
E1 Sgt Easter 10/91
E2 Sgt Russell 9/93
E3 Sgt Hunter 13/96
E4 Sgt Henderson 0/92
E5 Sgt Ishim 10/101
F0 2nd Lt Easter 19/95
F1 Sgt Case 6/96
F2 Sgt Williams 0/96
F3 Sgt Jennings 0/95
F4 Sgt Baker 2/93
F5 Sgt Moffett 4/96
G0 2nd Lt Nelson 8/102
G1 Sgt Donovan 8/94
G2 Sgt Mayer 18/102
G3 Sgt Edwards 1/96
H0 Capt Thomas 2/90 [ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 24
- 2/15/2002 6:02:00 PM   
mogami

Night had fallen the Company was moving up. Some 200 meters from Division HQ when all hell broke loose. Jap destroyers sent salvos of 5" pounding the ridge where the Raider Bn was deployed. "All right orders said to man our assigned positions but there is no one here to guide us to them" Lt Guitierez was clearly perturbed "See if you can find anyone on that radio that knows where we belong" he told his radio man In the darkness broken only by the shell bursts several thousand meters ahead he examined his map with a red lens flashlight while Capt Neer stood nearby. "What do you think?" Guitierez querried "%$#$%^ orders said man assigned positions I havn't a clue what that means now. Would have been nice if someone had marked them on this &%$%#@ map. Sounds like the japs are hitting up in the northwest but that map shows an awefull &**$@# lot of empty space from here both north and south. I don't think we want the jap crossing the river by right here (points to a bridge prehaps a thousand yards to the north) better spread out and cover the south too till we find out just in &^%^& blazes we're supposed to do" 1st and 2nd platoons moved to the south and formed a line from the plantion house for it's left and it's right hanging in the air. 3rd platoon set out to cover the bridge. the engineers were held by where the trails crossed with the mortars setting up there as well "Any HQ this net this is A0 requesting clarification of orders, where do you want us?
over" "sir there is no reponse" the radio man yelled.
"keep trying"
the firing up north intensified but the map clearly showed 2 battalions of Raiders in two seperate lines up that way.........
"where are our ASSIGNED positions?" The volume of fire up north swelled to unimagined proportion. Marine Arty joined in. "Lt Guitierez I can't get anyone to answer but I'm picking up alot of traffic, the Raiders on the Ridge have asked the paras to move up. Sounds like everyone is being called up." Lt Guitierez acknowledged the radio operator
The company was deployed in a line and advancing in the direction of the ridge. 3rd platoon was left at the bridge but notified to be ready to follow. The ground trembled under the fresh impact of numerous jap 5" shells. "Maybe we should move a little faster Lt" it was 2nd Lt Wilder his blood was up and he appeared itching for a fight the company was advancing at a trot "I don't know what is in front of me and I'm still not sure where division wants us but I'm going to move to the sound of the guns, spread out maybe we can take the japs in the flank" Guitierez hoped he was doing the right thing "Well if we don't get hit in the flank or rear while we are moving we just might come as a suprise to the japs" he thought some minutes later they were approaching the ridge several hundred yard south of where the marine lines ended. Guitierez still did not know where the japanese flank was but it was pretty clear to him where the marine flank was, the firing south of the ridge made that very clear.
The fight ahead had slowed slightly before reintensifying when the second wave of Marines (paras mostly) reached the reverse side of the ridge Guitierez had newly promoted 2nd Lt Easter of third platoon on the radio "Listen Easter there is no time for you to back track, your on your own you hear? I want you to cross the river make a by the left flank march and double time. You should hit the Jap left flank and rear some where up near that last ford, keep going intill your certain your behind them and then make another left flank and head for the ridge, we should be hitting the right long before you get here and will try to get them between us,....understand?" momentary pause "Aye Aye sir I am to cross the river turn left and go go go intill behind japs and then left again and hit the rear" "OK good luck 3rd platoon" Guitierez handed the phone back to the radio operator "Jeez Louise what a mess" When the company had wheeled to head towards the ridge 1st platoon had became the lead with 2nd platoon right behind. 1st platoons squads were running with prehaps 150-200 meter gaps in between . The recon team was now in the rear (it had been out front before the wheel had placed it in the rear. the Company .30cals however had found themselves in the front and dispite being passed were still in good supporting range. The enginner platoon which had been 200 meters south of the Div CP was coming up on the abandoned middle ridge (the paras had all moved forward)
Unknown to Guitierez a platoon of Raiders tasked with guarding the middle bridge had grown restless and crossed over and was sweeping the far side ahead of his 3rd platoon. Finally the lead elements of the company were some 200 meters south of the ridge and 200 meters west, hopefully this placed them in position on the jap flank and in their rear. 1st Platoons recon had reqained the lead and Sgt Collins was standing on the trail with his weapon over his head barrel pointed north. SGt Nettles was busy signaling to a para marine that the company was going into line and to pass it along so they wouldn't draw friendly fire when they began to advance. It would take a few more minutes before that could happen. The company was now strung out 1500 meters from head to tail. 2nd Lt Gizar commanding the Raider platoon that had moved up the river had moved into position behind the extreme marine right flank and was preparing to attack and regain the river ford. Far behind him 2nd Lt Easter and 3rd platoon were moving as fast as they could to come up. A fresh jap barrage of 5" shells had just impacted 100 meters south of this river crossing, landing mostly on japanese infantry (since the marine defenders had long since retreated or died where they stood. Marine 105mm were hitting the ridge as the marine commander there called for fire missions on top his own positions. The two sides were so intermixed that both sides were killing as many friendlies as foes. Ammo was running out and e-tools, helmets, rocks, and tree limbs were being used to fight with. [ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 25
- 2/16/2002 4:10:00 AM   
Wild Bill

"Jeez, Louise?..." Gotta love it

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 26
- 2/16/2002 6:02:00 PM   
mogami

1st Platoon and 2nd Lt Nelsons squad began moving north. Wiping out jap mortars and infantry squads. As the company moved forward the Paras and Raiders also began to advance. This sweep took the jap attack in the flank and rear. Soon the japs found themselves surrounded on the Northwest corner of the ridge. There were a lot of japs!!! Marine 105mm's pounded this nest. 2nd Lt Easter gave up trying to follow orders and simply crossed the river and came up to reinforce the right flank of the marine line. The jap attack was defeated with heavy loss.

(This battle would have been much easier to understand if orders had read 'assigned positions
hex xxxx to hex xxxx') I milled about for 5 turns expecting a suprise where I was deployed and had no idea what the designer intended for me to do)(my company was not required to hold any of the objective areas the Raiders and Paras did that on their own. My flank attack would have been much more effective if it had been put in to effect earlier)(it was a great fight, too bad my core force was not involved) (I slept for 12 hours after this one!!) Next battle is another Bloody Ridge. Listed as defend but with 1700 points of victory hexes placed in front of Marine lines it looks to me like it is really an advance. Order of Battle
A0 1st Lt Guitierez 1/96
B0 Capt Neer 28/104
C0 2nd Lt Flyod 0/87
C1 Sgt Emerson 0/86
D0 2nd Lt Avery 13/94
D1 Sgt Nettles 10/95
D2 Sgt Puller 11/96
D3 Sgt Patton 12/95
D4 Sgt Ahrens 5/92
D5 Sgt Collins 5/105
E0 2nd Lt Wilder 9/94
E1 Sgt Easter 10/91
E2 Sgt Russell 9/93
E3 Sgt Hunter 13/96
E4 Sgt Henderson 0/92
E5 Sgt Ishim 11/102
F0 2nd Lt Easter 19/95
F1 Sgt Case 6/96
F2 Sgt Williams 0/96
F3 Sgt Jennings 0/95
F4 Sgt Baker 2/93
F5 Sgt Moffett 4/96
G0 2nd Lt Nelson 16/105
G1 Sgt Donovan 8/94
G2 Sgt Mayer 18/102
G3 Sgt Edwards 1/96
H0 Capt Thomas 2/90 0darkthirty something: Jap arty and mortar fire begins falling on marine positions on ridge (now known as 'Bloody') The company several hundered meters behind the ridge is ordered to deploy as follows. 1st platoon will reinforce the ridge, 2nd platoon will strengthen the line north of the ridge while 3rd platoon reinforces the south. The engineer platoon will be placed in reserve 200 meters behind the ridge and ready to move as needed. This night the platoon leaders will be on their own as Guitierez and Neer can not be everywhere. The Lt moves to set up his CP in a central location while Capts Neer and Thomas move to the ridge. Neer to see what the situation is and Thomas to provide arty fire direction control.
Listening posts in south report large bodies of jap infantry headed their way (request permission to 'run for their lives')
Too late the listening posts die in position. The Japanese attack hits all along the front, just as the platoons move up. 2nd Lt Wilders 2nd platoon loses 50 percent in just a few minutes. Wilder has to rescue the 4 surviving men of Sgt Williams squad when they are pinned down. The recon and Sgt Easters squad both down to 2 men are sent to the rear. Sgt Hunter takes a blocking position with the .30cal in support to cover Wilders and Williams movement to safer positions. On the ridge 1st platoon slaughters jap squads that appear one by one. The the japs get smart and come in mass. 3rd platoon is slowly being forced back. The jap attack down here is supported by 75mm infantry guns being wheeled forward. 3rd platoon knocks out 2, but 2 more are soon blasting away at close range. A hole is appearing between the ridge and 3rd platoon. Lt Guitierez sends word to 2nd Lt Nelson to have the engineer platoon move to plug the gap. (emmm how do you call the Navy to send transports to pick up whats left? I just had one of those nightmare turns-you know squad had a target and 90+percent shot firing 3 weapons but fails to kill any of enemy. Then the target op fires 4percent shot and kills half of squad then another low percent jap fires and kills 2 more guys-all(repeat process for each Marine squad that tries to fire) this on top of Jap barrage then suppressed 8 of 13 squads on Ridge (including B0 unit none of which want to rally there is at least a company of Jap infantry within firing range Marine forces down by at least a third of starting force (turn 6 of 20)half of remaining reduced/suppressed/running and all those Victory hexes in front of line captured (double eek called for) [ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: Mogami ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 27
- 2/17/2002 4:28:00 PM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

Sorry Guys, slightly off topic: I am playing MC:W (and enjoying it immensely) but now I have a problem. I started out with Gavutu - 2 scenarios - then the fire on the flanks scenario, and then I chose the Ambush scenario with no options. I start on the beach, advance my men to the edge of the forest (turn 2), and while the computer is playing out the Japanese turn, the electricity goes off! "All right" says I, I restart the computer, switch on my UPS that I just got back from the shop and hadn't installed again due to... being busy (all right, all right! It was out of laziness - jeez!), go on SPWAW and when I recall my save I don't get my battle back. Instead, I am sent to node 09 battle 03A, and I don't know where is that because my scenario briefing is the correct one - that is, "Ambush!". This is a big fun killer because I do not feel like playing the 3 battles again to come back to the same point. Is it possible to get my old game back? Thanks for helping a poor Marine in distress. Christophe [ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: Christophe Jaureguiberry ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 28
- 2/18/2002 2:04:00 AM   
11Bravo

quote:

Originally posted by Christophe Jaureguiberry:
Sorry Guys, slightly off topic: I am playing MC:W (and enjoying it immensely) but now I have a problem. I started out with Gavutu - 2 scenarios - then the fire on the flanks scenario, and then I chose the Ambush scenario with no options. I start on the beach, advance my men to the edge of the forest (turn 2), and while the computer is playing out the Japanese turn, the electricity goes off! "All right" says I, I restart the computer, switch on my UPS that I just got back from the shop and hadn't installed again due to... being busy (all right, all right! It was out of laziness - jeez!), go on SPWAW and when I recall my save I don't get my battle back. Instead, I am sent to node 09 battle 03A, and I don't know where is that because my scenario briefing is the correct one - that is, "Ambush!". This is a big fun killer because I do not feel like playing the 3 battles again to come back to the same point. Is it possible to get my old game back? Thanks for helping a poor Marine in distress. Christophe [ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: Christophe Jaureguiberry ]
The thing I do to guard against this is to save a copy of the game in another directory. Too late to help you though. I am at the Ambush scenerio right now, but with the rescue mission. Could try to send you that save game if you want. My men also went through Gavutu-Tanambogo-Fire on the Flanks. Haven't played for a while because the family has been laid low by malaria and dengue fever.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 29
- 2/18/2002 7:07:00 AM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

quote:

Originally posted by 11Bravo:
The thing I do to guard against this is to save a copy of the game in another directory. Too late to help you though. I am at the Ambush scenerio right now, but with the rescue mission. Could try to send you that save game if you want. My men also went through Gavutu-Tanambogo-Fire on the Flanks. Haven't played for a while because the family has been laid low by malaria and dengue fever.
Thanks for the answer 11Bravo, Yes, I had pretty much figured out I was screwed on that count. I appreciate your offer, but I just spent my sunday replaying the 3 battles. The good thing is that I had a blast finally playing "Ambush", so at least it was worth it. Let's look at things on the bright side, I discovered I had to backup my save files only after the 3rd scenario. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had played a dozen. On another subject: you have malaria and dengue in Michigan? Christophe

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> WatchTower AAR Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI