Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing names of units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changing names of units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing names of units - 8/26/2004 12:59:13 AM   
Black Omega

When you play a random campaign, is there any way to rename the units you buy, or are they stuck with the default names?
Post #: 1
RE: Changing names of units - 8/26/2004 1:44:40 AM   
Clipper1968

Yes you can rename the units you buy; just right click on the unit and click on its name so you can type the name you want to assign it and the change will be effective.

(in reply to Black Omega)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing names of units - 8/26/2004 12:42:16 PM   
vulkansanex

Also good for giving your commanders a +, or similar after his name as a "medal" for having done something excellent like taking out 3 Panzers in a turn - beyond all odds.

I know its sad - But I like to keep track of every unit and make a story out of every battle. Makes me fear causalties and conserve my men like I would do in a real situation.

(in reply to Clipper1968)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing names of units - 8/28/2004 4:19:03 AM   
Cooper

I am glad to see that I am not alone in doing that. Four of us are fighting a campaign and doing exactly that. In addition we are keeping track of vehicle losses and casualties and editing them into the next battle of the campaign. Our SPW Bn in now down to two under strength companies and a reinforced plt, our Panzer Co is down to 4 Panzers, our Stug Batterie (9) is down to 3 stugs, our Recon unit of 3 plts is down to half strength, and our engineer company is still in fairly good shape. This after 7 battles with no vehicle replacement and 45 replacements for the entire force.

(in reply to vulkansanex)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing names of units - 8/28/2004 5:02:01 AM   
KG Erwin

Assigning historical unit names (AND commanders) is something I feel greatly adds to the role-playing element and immersion level in generated and long campaigns. The game is an abstraction of tactical combat, but you still have the ability to "be there" , and still feel the pain of a veteran unit, say, Sgt. Basilone's MG or Sgt. Barkmann's Panther being eliminated in a tough fight. Maybe it's just me, but I get a sense of the battalion commander's anguish when one of your favorite units, and their leader, is KIA.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 8/27/2004 10:04:38 PM >

(in reply to Black Omega)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changing names of units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI