Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tank battles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tank battles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tank battles - 2/14/2002 2:05:00 AM   
gappa

Hi fellas! One thing is missing in the long-campaings in SP WAW. It is the button to toggle infantry battles or tank battles. I think that the computer buys too much of infantry and lots of useless tanks that are no match for mine with experienced crew. What do you think about it?

It is nice to be important
but is it more
important to be nice.

Gappa
Post #: 1
- 2/14/2002 2:09:00 AM   
Larry Holt

WWII was essentially an infantry war. While we think of the glamour of tank battles, most armies were primarily non-mechanized infantry. You can always go into the editor and rebuy the AIP's side if you want to.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 2
- 2/14/2002 2:14:00 AM   
gappa

How do I do that? I know that WWII was primarili an infantry war. But i just less infatry and more tanks. I don´t want to have just tank battles, they are too boring. It would be best 2/3 infantry 1/3 tanks.

It is nice to be important
but is it more
important to be nice.

Gappa

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 3
- 2/14/2002 3:16:00 AM   
Redleg

Generated Human v AI battles.... You can purchase for the AI and use auto deploy to get the sort of mix of units you want. Also, there is a very interesting thing that occurs when purchasing.... set the AI to player 1 and let the human have player 2 and (the last time I tried it), the computer purchases very differently.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 4
- 2/14/2002 3:18:00 AM   
Charles2222

Gappa: One thing you can do to make things effectually more challenging if the experience of your units is getting too much higher than the AIs, you can always set the AI experience higher, as that opportunity is given to you between battles. I can't recall where that prompt comes up, but it may be after you've purchased support.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 5
- 2/15/2002 4:13:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Gappa:
How do I do that? I know that WWII was primarili an infantry war. But i just less infatry and more tanks. I don´t want to have just tank battles, they are too boring. It would be best 2/3 infantry 1/3 tanks.
Besides buying the AIP forces in a generated battle, you can take a saved game, rename the saveXXX to scenXXX, move it from the Save dir to the Scen dir and edit it in the editor. Then you move it back and rename it. If you are good in UNIX you can build a script to do this using gvim or other Windows UNIX tools.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tank battles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI