Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Almost Had Enough

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Almost Had Enough Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 7:01:27 AM   
Guardsman2

Does anyone know if the disappearing LCU problem is going to be resolved? In my current game (scen 4) I have had 2/3 of an Australian division disappear, 1/3 of 1st USMC division, and 5th AF HQ all disappear while in transport.

This is crazy.
Post #: 1
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 9:12:31 AM   
Central Blue

wouldn't be so bad if the ships disapeared too.

Spooks the troops when the Tasker Bliss imitates the Mary Celeste

USS St. Louis firing on Guam, July 1944. The Cardinals and Browns faced each other in the World Series that year

(in reply to Guardsman2)
Post #: 2
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 4:33:57 PM   
Mr.Frag

Please define your problem a little better.

There is only one known way of making them vanish right now, which is a single ship load with merging ships into other tf's.

You say disappear *in* transport? not when unloaded? Where any ships sunk? details lead to cures.

(in reply to Central Blue)
Post #: 3
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 4:46:44 PM   
2ndACR

I posted a bug report about this earlier Mr. Frag. My unit was completely unloaded on a base for 2 days then went poof. Gone.
Happened in 2 different games. Same unit, same place. Transported by 3 ships.

If you want, I will bump the thread in the support forum.

Went ahead and punted it in the Support Forum.

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 8/26/2004 8:53:41 AM >

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 4
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 5:08:48 PM   
Guardsman2

In all 3 cases the units were being transported by air (C-47). The Australian division and 5th AF HQ disappeared while being transported from Brisbane to Townsville. The other unit disappeared while being transported from Noumea to Luganville. In each case unit fragments were tranported successfully for several turns. On the final run when the units should have merged they each disappeared from the target base and are no longer in the game.

I should add that after my post, the 1st USMC Para Bn also disappeared in transport from Noumea to Luganville. In this case 64 C-47 loaded the unit, the planes flew to Luganville and the unit vanished. On the final run the air unit in question had 63 C-47 operational and 1 damaged. I assume this must have something to do with the unit disappearing.

I have now given up on that particular game.

The game is patched up to v1.21.

< Message edited by Guardsman2 -- 8/26/2004 3:13:07 PM >

(in reply to Guardsman2)
Post #: 5
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 5:31:29 PM   
Mr.Frag

Ok, heres 2 separate problems:

1) Air Transport was making units vanish.

It has been fixed in what you have (1.21) but the implications of units that had already been moved partly prior to 1.21 being installed are unknown. Some may live, some may vanish.

2) Ship transport, vanishing on unload

A problem *still* exists where merging ships together prior to them completing the loading results in the routine that creates the parent unit (the one with the full name and no /#) getting skipped. This is now down to only happening with a single ship loading the unit. As long as you have 2+ units loading, you should be fine. (1.21). To work around this problem, either do not merge TF's while they are loading (set to do not unload and merge once finished) or ensure you put more then one ship into the TF before giving the load troops order.

Both of these problems have been very high focus for the guys working on the code. The implications of units that have been corrupted by either of these two problems is really unknown as there are many possible states that the unit could have been left in when it vanished.

(in reply to Guardsman2)
Post #: 6
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 6:01:23 PM   
Guardsman2

Frag:

I am not convinced that the air transport problem has been fixed. The game was already on v1.21 before I started the current scenario.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 7
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 6:25:40 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

I am not convinced that the air transport problem has been fixed. The game was already on v1.21 before I started the current scenario.

I'll need details of what you did, preferably with a before save so I don't have to recreate the whole thing.

(in reply to Guardsman2)
Post #: 8
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 6:44:07 PM   
Guardsman2

I will see what I can do. The only "event" that might be on the saves is the Para Bn disappearing. I was not in the habit of saving after every turn. I guess I will be now.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 9
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/26/2004 7:10:03 PM   
2ndACR

I have 5 backup saves going for each of my 4 PBEM games trying to catch this bug or any other bug.

(in reply to Guardsman2)
Post #: 10
RE: Almost Had Enough - 8/29/2004 1:35:31 PM   
morphin

Hi
i have also an invasion TF (merged ships from 2 Tf, one TF with 52nd Nav Gd (mostly perloaded on turn 1 on 1 AP, 2 DD and 2 ML ships) and one TF with 6th Base Force on 2 AP ships) shipping to Canton Island. After unloading (after resolution phase) the 52nd Nav Gd Icon is on the base. But then when i save the game and reload it the 52nd Nav Gd has completely gone... One turn later also the 6th Base Force has disapeared.

1) On the resolution phase, the invasion TF does a shock attack: Why? Canton Island is not an atoll, isn't it?
2) Before invading Canton Island, i bombard it heavy for 5 turns. So between 5 and 10 guns on the island are distroyed and a few hundred man disabled
3) Because of the heavy bomabard, i have no lost on the invading TF ships
4) Because of the shock attack, i lost over 400 man and a few guns
5) the 52nd Nav Gd has quite a lot of disruption (88) and high fatigue (40)
6) the 6th base forde is in good condition (zero disruption and 40 fatigue)

So is this a bug or does the 2 ground units surrender?

Andy

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Almost Had Enough Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI