Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How good is WITP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> How good is WITP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How good is WITP - 8/26/2004 10:57:01 PM   
Doug Olenick

I know this sounds like a silly question to post, but I'm curious. There are so many posts here concerning bugs that I'm hesitant to buy the game. I am a huge Pacwar fan, but am looking to try something new and I don't want to waste my money.
Post #: 1
RE: How good is WITP - 8/26/2004 11:12:58 PM   
PeteG662

The bugs are being knocked at as fast as they get reported. Many things being reported as bugs are actually the way the game was designed and the players are confused about certain aspects as the learning curve is steep. There are a few bugs and as they are found, reported and solutions made in patches which have come out already. No bug so far is a show stopper and the game is excellent!

(in reply to Doug Olenick)
Post #: 2
RE: How good is WITP - 8/27/2004 3:32:05 AM   
gts2096

One thing I know about Matrix is that they support there games 110%.

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 3
RE: How good is WITP - 8/27/2004 4:12:04 AM   
Grotius

The only significant bug I've encountered is the sound bug, which is easily worked around. Other than that, the game for me is surprisingly bug-free. I know there are bugs, but I rarely seem to encounter any myself. The game is also quite stable for me; it's crashed maybe twice in two months of play.

If you're interested in the Pacific war, and if you liked PacWar, this seems close to a must-buy to me. Be warned: it has lots of logistics. The scope is massive. The AI is decent if you play it historically, but it doesn't handle out-of-the-box thinking well. The game is very well-suited to PBEM, if you've got the time.

(in reply to gts2096)
Post #: 4
RE: How good is WITP - 8/27/2004 4:24:33 AM   
2Stepper

Can piggy-back on Grotius's comment and say that I've had ZERO issues with WiTP thus far. Even when the sound bug was more prevalent I've been blessed as being among the lot that have yet to have a CTD. Course I don't have XP SP2 yet so that might change... <knock wood> However, so far, no issues, and a VERY happy customer!

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 5
RE: How good is WITP - 8/27/2004 4:38:05 AM   
Tristanjohn

Doug, I'm kinda with you re bugs but I'd have bought it anyway, if only because of the subject material. Also, as someone mentioned both Matrix and 2by3 (actually I speak only to Grigsby--Joel wouldn't do much for anyone after sales, I'm afraid--sorry, but that's been his track record) have stellar reputations for after-market support. Couldn't fault them there. Eventually I expect this title will be next to perfect.

The game plays somewhat like PW at twice the scale, at least in some respects. A lot more detail, especially on the supply side, though not all of it is tied intelligently together for my money. But a great effort even so.

Bottom line: if you enjoyed PW I'd guess you'll more than get your money's worth from WitP. Of course only you'll be able to answer that one . . . after you've purchased the game.

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 6
RE: How good is WITP - 8/27/2004 5:03:52 PM   
ckk

Buy it. It is still a work in progress. But it works now and Matrix and 2x3 will fix the problems and even make it better! They already proved this with Uncommon Valor.

(in reply to Tristanjohn)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> How good is WITP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI