Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Video Card Upgrade Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Video Card Upgrade Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Video Card Upgrade Question - 2/15/2002 4:26:00 AM   
asdf12

I'm thinking of upgrading my card to an Assus
Geforce 2 64 meg. Will SP run with this card.
Or should I consider another type? Thanks,
Marc

Post #: 1
- 2/15/2002 5:52:00 AM   
Supervisor

Shouldn't be any problems, I don't know of any video card compatibilities issues, it doesn't like some SB live sound cards in some configurations. As long as your drivers are the most recent you should fine.

(in reply to asdf12)
Post #: 2
- 2/15/2002 6:27:00 AM   
Bing

I am running an Asus V-8200 GeForce3 DDR 64 Meg card and W@W runs fine, I especially like the control I have over the picture via the "Digital Vibrance" slider. If you're going for GeForce, why not go for GeForce3? Not much more money - the "Pure V8200" is quite reasonable - and right now is just about as good or better than most cards. Depends of course upon the processor and mobo you are running. Make sure you get the nVidia drivers, they're the best. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to asdf12)
Post #: 3
- 2/15/2002 7:14:00 AM   
Howling H R Bryars

The answer to both questions is yes.
One of the best bargains in video cards right now is the 64MB Gainward GeForce3 Powerpack !!! Ti450 - I found one at googlegear.com for $167. The card uses the GeForce3 Ti200 chipset and can be reliably overclocked to Ti500 specs. Buying a GeForce2 card now is not the best idea. Not that it isn't good, but it is no longer the best bang for your buck. See the recent article on GeForce3 cards at Anandtech.com

HRB3

(in reply to asdf12)
Post #: 4
- 2/15/2002 7:20:00 AM   
asdf12

Thanks for all the replies, the Geforce 3 sounds like a good bargain! Marc

(in reply to asdf12)
Post #: 5
- 2/15/2002 8:33:00 AM   
Bing

I try to follow developments via RivaStation and other sources. From everything I've seen GeForce3 is your best buy. Prices have come down dramatically since last fall and if there is a true bargain in video cards the less than $200 GF3 with 64 Meg DDR is probably the winner. If you play any true 3D games at all, I think you will appreciate the difference GF3 will make. The better the game from a video standpoint, the better pictures and frame rates you will get. (The OpenGL flight sim IL-2 is a great example.) Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to asdf12)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Video Card Upgrade Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI