Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing Arty/OOB threads

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Missing Arty/OOB threads Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing Arty/OOB threads - 2/18/2002 8:46:00 PM   
AmmoSgt

Hmmmm seems that if any dissent in to random pricing of units by Brian Price results in the threads getting pulled ... I guess that means some special Poobah Types folks are free to change units in this game anyway they want behind folks backs ... thats sad ..
Well at some point the OOB's will come out and be reviewed by the folks who have to download and use them ..just in cas they were pulled by the original poster we can continue the conversation on this thread .. I promise I won't pull this thread if folks disagree with me ..LOL ..If it was pulled by the forum Czar ..well then this will probably get pulled as well, very sad

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which
Post #: 1
- 2/19/2002 1:35:00 AM   
Voriax

Hi Ammo
Or perhaps they get moved to the OOB forum???? Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 2
- 2/19/2002 2:04:00 AM   
brianleeprice

Having a few moments between waiting for test results and emails on various OOB errata and issues, I'll clarify what happened: I, as creator of the threads in question, deleted them after they had served their purpose and begun degenerating into flamewars. Being under a deadline and with so much work yet to be done I didn't need the distraction. As the thread contained nothing of relevance outside of this particular version update, it was just more noise making it difficult for people to find answers to their questions. As to how I choose to perform this task, that has been left largely up to me. I am operating under certain constraints but I also have wide latitude in certain areas. As to why I was given this task rather than a self appointed expert, ask Paul or David. I will note that no change of significance is made without consulting numerous veterans who have volunteered to help and such changes are tested by other volunteers who, while perhaps not veterans, are very good at doing thorough tests and quite motivated to do them on their own initiative. We have a good team on this project and more people are certainly welcome to join in the effort. Sincerely,
Brian

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 3
- 2/19/2002 2:38:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

Well folks there ya have it ... if you don't agree, then the thread is deleted ... no one can question Poobah Brian but the select.
Whatever happen to the SPWAW tradition of working with the players ? going for greater accuracy ? Pricing units fairly by formula ... I don't for one minute believe that Paul has let somebody loose with the OOB's to change pricing on a whim , rebalance the cost of different types of units , and delete threads if player's disagree .... This is not the way Matrix has become a trusted Company .

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 4
- 2/19/2002 6:50:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

I really don't understand you AmmoSgt and that is not only due to words like poobah (can't find it in the dictionary...). I'm sure Brian does not need defense, but I have some things to say: - Do you prefer that all the OOB's are commented only by some gurus or elite group? What about the common gameplayer - couldn't he have a vote on the matter even if what he says happens to be wrong? What happened to the freedom to say bull****? - I have been talking with Brian lately and he always seems very careful with all the changes and with things he cannot touch. What's the problem with a democratic style of collecting inputs? In my oppinion it could only be good. - Paul Vebber trusted in him. Why don't you? Enough said, I just had to take this out of my system, sorry if I seemed rude.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 5
- 2/19/2002 9:26:00 AM   
Svennemir

The posts were deleted for reasons of clarity: having a large number of threads really makes the fixing go slower and tougher - the OOB team cannot read so many posts in so many different threads, and AFAIK additional posts in those threads would likely never be adressed. There is no secret plot going on to make major changes without the consent of players!

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 6
- 2/19/2002 11:02:00 AM   
mogami

Hi, Richard Poobah is a term for leader. It comes from the American cartoon show 'The Flintstones'
Fred was a member of an organization called 'The Fraternal Order of Loyal Water Buffalos' the leader of this group was known as 'the Grand Poobah'

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 7
- 2/19/2002 11:17:00 AM   
Bing

"Poobah" stood for "High Muckidy-Muck", "Exalted Leader" and so on long before the Flintstones. Long before TV, if anyone here can remember that. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Missing Arty/OOB threads Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI