Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LV problem - any suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV problem - any suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LV problem - any suggestions - 2/18/2002 9:03:00 PM   
Westralia

Have been avidly playing LV and have arrived at the scenario 'Making of a Tiger Ace' in the Stalin Line. When the scenario goes to load after pressing continue I get the following error message: Error: unable to load oob255data. I think that is the correct oob file but am unsure because the numbers ossicilate stopping occasionally on 255!. After waiting approx 1 min I get a setup screen that shows the 2 players (in this case both German) with one allocated to human and one to the computer. Any suggestions on what i should do. I am have not previously played with the oob files and am reluctant to do so in case of causing damage. Also have not reinstalled LV in case lose all the progress made so far. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful as am presently 'sat by the side of the waiting for fuel' so to speak! Thanking you in advance for your learned advice

Post #: 1
- 2/18/2002 10:36:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I believe that this means that your last save is corrupted. Do you have another save to try? Because LV allows only one save most players make backup copies outside of the game, using Windows copy and store them outside of LV.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Westralia)
Post #: 2
- 2/18/2002 10:53:00 PM   
AC

Hi Westralia, I had the same problem at the same point. Look at this thread New LV bug?; I'm afraid we'll have to wait for the LV patch . AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943

(in reply to Westralia)
Post #: 3
- 2/18/2002 10:57:00 PM   
Supervisor

Also sounds the .dat file bug has bitten him. LV is being reworked and retested which is almost completed. The patch to fix all of these issue should be out around next weekend. You can try the 7.1 beta patch but it sounds like it beyond that.
P.S. Once the LV patch is released it will be recommended for everyone to restart the Mega from scratch due to the rewritting of the .dat files associated to LV and the scenarios/nodes. Plus with the SPWAW 7.1 patch due out the about the same time this will drastically change the gameplay of the Mega for the better we hope.

(in reply to Westralia)
Post #: 4
- 2/19/2002 6:28:00 AM   
ursus

In regards to having to start the LV MC over again, I understand it is a role play based game but how different is it actually once you have played it. Those that have started over from begenning how different is it from the first time you played or are you just redoing things over a second time?????

(in reply to Westralia)
Post #: 5
- 2/19/2002 7:48:00 AM   
Supervisor

With the changes and enhancements to the game, LV can be a whole new experience. Previous victories can go either way, also with 3 battle options per battle the results are limitless.

(in reply to Westralia)
Post #: 6
- 2/19/2002 12:31:00 PM   
BryanMelvin

quote:

Originally posted by gmenfan:
With the changes and enhancements to the game, LV can be a whole new experience. Previous victories can go either way, also with 3 battle options per battle the results are limitless.
That is correct - many of the scenarios in game are programed by percent. You may select the same option but the next battle may have from anywhere from 30 to 60 percent of being the same one played before. Another Subject: Patch
Hold on - the patch is coming soon. I am sorry for the delay but it will be worth the wait. Many of the problems stem from older builds that the early battle scenarios were made with during development last spring and summer. These are being corrected now. Many of us are laboring hard fixing these errors that slipped in unawares. This Mega campaign was designed to be played more than once! PS-It is a good idea to make a sub folder in the Mega Cmp folder and place a copy of your saves in there as you play the game.

(in reply to Westralia)
Post #: 7
- 2/19/2002 6:00:00 PM   
FNG

quote:

Originally posted by ursus:
In regards to having to start the LV MC over again, I understand it is a role play based game but how different is it actually once you have played it. Those that have started over from begenning how different is it from the first time you played or are you just redoing things over a second time?????
The first few battles are the same, but if you get different results to your first time you branch off in different directions. Second time around out of about 12 battles, 4 or 5 were different. I was pleased it wasn't just a re-run!

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to Westralia)
Post #: 8
- 2/19/2002 9:10:00 PM   
Westralia

THANX MUCHLY EVERYBODY FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS. I will sit tight and wait for the patches and updates. I have been an avid (maybe addicted would be better) player of the SPWAW and Steel Panther series since its inception. In fact i remember thinking whilst playing the board based squad leader and advanced squad leader games (late 1980's) 'how so much better' things would be if you could 'just do this on the computer'. Its amazing how technology has moved so quickly. Thanks to all those people that have made it all possible and allowed me to play countless scenarios and burned countless hours. Loved every second.Bring it on

(in reply to Westralia)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV problem - any suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI