Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

tiny question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> tiny question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
tiny question - 2/21/2002 7:23:00 PM   
young turk

is it possible to make a take move in reverse, rather than spinning 180 degrees and mooning the enemy? also, what is the best way kill decrewed entrenched units. i just wait for them to reattach to their main weapon, and then start shooting again, but this seems awful silly. Thanks

Post #: 1
- 2/21/2002 7:57:00 PM   
ubertechie

Hi there
As far as I am aware its not possible to actually reverse as you where describing If a crew abandons a AT gun foe example - it counts as destroyed for points purposes as long as they dont actually return to it. You can forcibly destroy any abonodan unit by moving and leaving a unit of yours into the same square for a turn - if it passes a experience test it will destory the unit. The other option (my favourite) is to pursue the crew and destroy them hope this helps Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 2
- 2/21/2002 11:15:00 PM   
DROregon

quote:

Originally posted by ubertechie:
Hi there
As far as I am aware its not possible to actually reverse as you where describing If a crew abandons a AT gun foe example - it counts as destroyed for points purposes as long as they dont actually return to it. You can forcibly destroy any abonodan unit by moving and leaving a unit of yours into the same square for a turn - if it passes a experience test it will destory the unit. The other option (my favourite) is to pursue the crew and destroy them hope this helps Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 3
- 2/21/2002 11:18:00 PM   
DROregon

quote:

Originally posted by ubertechie:
Hi there

... sorry for the double post... Question: Are you correct that an abandon weapon counts (points) as a kill? You don't need to kill crew? If you kill crew, do you recieve extra points?

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 4
- 2/22/2002 2:45:00 AM   
young turk

thanks, that's helpful.

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 5
- 2/22/2002 4:03:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by DROregon:
... sorry for the double post... Question: Are you correct that an abandon weapon counts (points) as a kill? You don't need to kill crew? If you kill crew, do you recieve extra points?
To get full points for the unit you need to kill off the crewmen as well. In a campaign setting, you get a kill for forcing the abandonment, and another for killing off the crew, I have never checked to see if you get a kill for destructing an abandoned vehicle or weapon (you need to move an infantry unit in the hex to do it). For campaign purposes you do get a kill for each time you force an abandonment, if it recrews and you force it to abandon again, you get another kill notation. Sort of like the situation during WWI in the air where pilots could claim kills and only later on did they start requiring a witness or wreckage to prove the kill.
thanks, John.

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 6
- 2/22/2002 11:27:00 AM   
DROregon

John, Thanks for the education. I'm still working to improve my scores. I'm new and Draws & MV are my norms. Knowing the scoring helps.

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 7
- 2/22/2002 5:44:00 PM   
Resisti

quote:

Originally posted by DROregon: Question: Are you correct that an abandon weapon counts (points) as a kill? You don't need to kill crew? If you kill crew, do you recieve extra points?

DROregon,
you may want also note that abandoned enemy vehicles/guns will provide you points ONLY if you hold the majority of the vh's locations at the end of the game.
This is to depict the fact that you're holding the battle ground and you'll destroy the abandoned vehicles/guns after the enemy has retreated; contrarily they would be able to rescue them back....

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 8
- 2/22/2002 7:26:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

I try to resume:you get the full points of abandoned weapons, if 1. you kill the crew of the abandoned weapon or 2. you destroy the abandoned weapon by occupying the hex or 3. you neither kill the crew nor destroy the abandoned weapon, but own the majority of the victory hexes at the end of the game.Did I got it??

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 9
- 2/22/2002 7:48:00 PM   
campekenobi

Yes but the IDEAL situation would be, the crew leaves, and you TAKEOVER & can man the gun! I find it just as annoying in another game (Close Combat) where your bazooka guy only has like 3-4 rounds, then, that's IT. I think he migh thave a pistol... meanwhile, there are dead bodies EVERYWHERE w/ perfectly useful guns. Same w/ abandoned tanks... jump in that sucker & go!!!

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 10
- 2/23/2002 1:25:00 AM   
Alexandra

It's not that easy, especially with tanks. 'Jumping in a tank and going' will not work. Such things as instument panels being different and language barriers prevent that. On top of that, most infantry from a certain country would be unable to operate thier own tanks, let alone an enemies. That's why they have armor schools. As for guns, that's also not as easy as people thing. I can relay a real life story on that later, if people want. But, in any event - using captured things would be neat, but it's not worth the code time, and the bugs it would create - any time you change code, you'll create new bugs, cause the code now interacts differently than it did. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to young turk)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> tiny question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI