Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vebber is POW!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Vebber is POW! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vebber is POW! - 2/24/2002 10:49:00 PM   
voyrep

Hi all! On the first day of the war Hauptman Vebber was captured by Soviet forces. Vebber and his kampfgruppe had just successfully crossed the river San, the crossing went well with minimal casulties and Ivan was running for his life...
At least thats what i thought until the battle was over and the screen changed and annonced:
Captured staff
Your position was overrun by the enemy.
Some of your staff were capturd.
You will be assigned replacements for your lost staff. No harm done Vebber has been replaced by Hauptman Heidrich. The kampfgruppe will still have the name Kampfgruppe Vebber in honor of its first leader... A strange way to lose my leader dont you think? Voyrep

Post #: 1
- 2/24/2002 11:19:00 PM   
Supervisor

Oh no not Hauptman Heidrich!!!! You might as well surrender now and save the casualties.LOL Just kidding. Who ever said war was fun or normal?? Sometimes specific things happen because it was programmed to do so. [ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 2
- 2/24/2002 11:46:00 PM   
Bing

Oh my God, not Heidrich!! I think who' hoppen is you ran into an overlooked Soviet unit - there are a few such squads lurking in the trees just east of the riverbank. Easy to pass them by and then have them pop up behind you - the designer keeping us on our toes. This is also very much true of the second battle, the one where you shoot a lot of NCO candidates - perhaps not such a bad idea after all - suddenly a fairly fresh Svoiet squad will stumble out of the woods and start shooting. I make a sweep thru all hexes I can get to as a routine action, almost always I find some nasties in the woodpile. Oh my God, Heidrich!! Bing PS. Not to worry - I had my commander killed. And he still kicked butt according to the after report. Haputman Vebber's ghost prowling the battlefield, quite a mental image it is.

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 3
- 2/25/2002 2:02:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

Originally posted by voyrep:
On the first day of the war Hauptman Vebber was captured by Soviet forces.
We must immediately petition the Russians to ensure that he is being treated properly in accordance with the Geneva Conventions.

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 4
- 2/25/2002 4:54:00 AM   
AC

quote:

Originally posted by JW:
We must immediately petition the Russians to ensure that he is being treated properly in accordance with the Geneva Conventions.
Hauptmann Vebber has already acknowledged the crime of the aggressive war against the peace loving people of the Soviet Union, and is trying to make good as much as he can by contributing to the success of Great Mother Russia in a Siberian labor camp. AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 5
- 2/25/2002 5:07:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

Originally posted by AC:
Hauptmann Vebber has already acknowledged the crime of the aggressive war against the peace loving people of the Soviet Union, and is trying to make good as much as he can by contributing to the success of Great Mother Russia in a Siberian labor camp. AC
Perhaps we will be permitted to send him some Spam thru the International Red Cross.

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 6
- 2/25/2002 12:59:00 PM   
Bing

"The snow in Si-ber-iah,
It is so super-i-or." (Cole Porter, "Silk Stockings") Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 7
- 2/25/2002 7:51:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by JW:
Perhaps we will be permitted to send him some Spam thru the International Red Cross.
I do not belive that the Red Cross will contribute to the torture of a POW.

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 8
- 2/26/2002 9:11:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

Originally posted by pbear:
I do not belive that the Red Cross will contribute to the torture of a POW.
And I thought Texas was a hotbed of culture compared to Louisiana. Spam is one of the greatest inventions in human history. It is a wonderful delicacy (Best sliced and fried in pan with little or no grease, BTW.). Spam and pork n' beans makes one of the most wonderful meals imaginable. Sending him Spam would certainlly raise his spirits, especially if he could find a way to thaw it out.

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 9
- 2/26/2002 9:25:00 AM   
Mojo

quote:

Originally posted by JW:
....Spam is one of the greatest inventions in human history. It is a wonderful delicacy (Best sliced and fried in pan with little or no grease, BTW.)....
Indeed a guilty pleasure. "Sliced thin and fried hard," Mom used to say. I'll have the spam, spam, eggs and spam please.

If something's not working you might want to tunk it a dite.
Mojo's Mom

(in reply to voyrep)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Vebber is POW! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI