Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unavailable equippment....?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unavailable equippment....? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unavailable equippment....? - 2/25/2002 7:14:00 AM   
leknes

There are a few things I can't figure out...... 1. Many German units are placed in the Czech arsenal. Units like the PantherII, Arade 234, Me262, Schwere schlepper, SDKFZ/220 etc, 17k18.
I'm not allowed to purchase these units as the German player between 44 & 49. They can not be purchased as the Czech player by selecting "Nations" or by playing a Czech game.
The missing 17K18 is rather frustrating..... There are other similar problems with other nations that I don't mention here. 2. Only certain months each year activates all types of airplane types. (In a 1949 20k pbem meeting engagement battle between the US and Ger, only 6-7 different German airtypes were available.) 3. I've experienced bugs when Ju52's are releasing paras. Sometimes the plane hangs in the air and gets shot at multiple times until it gets shot down....( 4. Some of the oob icons are still not matching.
A train shows up as a experimental US tank etc. 5. I'm having problems with bocage... Is 18 movement points intentional for passing through it? Units never imobilized on it, but sometimes they refuse to pass it. It is not possible to blast through it....so if there is no opening 6. Stone walls and other imobilizing structures should not be selected as valid paths by the AI when you let it select the route. Shift clicking into these hexes should be the defacto rule. Really enjoying the game, 97% perfect : )
Hope some of the problems above will be taken care of!

Hammer
Post #: 1
- 2/25/2002 9:56:00 AM   
Voriax

Hello. Few answers...
1: Too bad, actually. Those units are 'hidden' in the czech arsenal mainly because they are for scenario design purposes only.
As for similar problems in other nations, why not mention them here? That way there is a possibility that they are fixed if they are bugs? 2: As should be. Not all aircraft were in use during the whole war, not mentioning in 1949..for example just about all Stukas were destroyed during the war...also planes were upgraded to different standards. 3: Dunno about this...haven't noticed such behaviour myself. Comments anyone? 4: That train is also scenario design only so it's not really surprising if the pictures do not match. As for others, a list or errors would help. 5: Hmm..yep, it takes a lot of moves to go through it...afaik it was a real pain in rl too. Dunno about units refusing to pass it..only foot and tracked units can move through it so perhaps your units were wheeled units? 6: You mean that when you move unit by clicking at a clear hex at the end of the possible movement zone, the vehicle will crash into building/wall?
If yes, then there is a possibility that there is a bug in the map. sometimes in canned scenarios the mapmaker has put a road and a building in same hex. this confuses the pathfinding..it 'sees' only the road until it crashes. If you mean that AI controlled units crash..well..that is much rarer nowadays..in early version it sometimes happened that AI crashed half of it's tanks into buildings, especially if it was city fight. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to leknes)
Post #: 2
- 2/25/2002 2:02:00 PM   
Dogfish

Hey Hammer:
Ditto with what Voriax had to say, except #3: Cargo planes are large slow targets, therefore they take hits, alot, and taking hits, they get shot down. Since aircraft movement is animated in the game throughout the entire time they appear, any break in the action makes it look like they are hovering, and "waiting to be shot down" In reality the break in the animation occurs after they have been hit, and lasts as long as the on screen message is diplayed. You can alter the time in Preferences.

When you're wounded and left
on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to leknes)
Post #: 3
- 2/25/2002 6:44:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by PzB-Hammer:
1. Many German units are placed in the Czech arsenal. Units like the PantherII, Arade 234, Me262, Schwere schlepper, SDKFZ/220 etc, 17k18.
I'm not allowed to purchase these units as the German player between 44 & 49. They can not be purchased as the Czech player by selecting "Nations" or by playing a Czech game.
The missing 17K18 is rather frustrating.....

I made some changes to German & Czech OOBs, check out my website for changes and if you like'em...feel free to download new OOBs and try them out Colonel von Blitz http://www24.brinkster.com/vonblitz/spwawsounds.htm

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

(in reply to leknes)
Post #: 4
- 2/26/2002 1:07:00 AM   
leknes

Ok thx for the update.
I thought that some units were unavailable by purpose.....it's rather unfortunate that they can't be selected when you set up a two player battle.
If you fight a 1949 battle, you do want to play a "what if" battle with rare equippment.
Not making units like the 17K18, Me262 & Arado234 available is rather unnecessary......they were all part of the German 44-45 arsenal.
The PantherII is in the same class as the Maus which is available in 49.
Sure thing that some planes were not available at all periods is a ok, but again - the rarity button should take care of this. Leave it off and you will be able to make your own selection.
Reminds me of state regulations... I have noticed other units that's not available, but I need to make notes here and get back to it. The bocage on custom made maps can get buggy now and then. Sometimes I have to blast open clear terrain hexes to move out of enclosed areas. Controll & command has always been off.
I had 3 Pumas inside a bocage area, 1 could drive through it while 2 others couldn't and had to detour. I tried to blast it into rough terrain, but this didn't work either. Will experiment with this and get back to it. If you got a road with stone walls on each side and a bombardment turns some of it into rough terrain, the ai will automatically choose the intact stone wall as the valid route as this takes less movement points to "pass"....the sting here is that everything gets imobilized :] The Ju52 that got shot at really behaved funny, but this was a single incident. Will watch for similar events.

Hammer

(in reply to leknes)
Post #: 5
- 2/26/2002 5:55:00 AM   
leknes

Yes I've downloaded your sound files earlier, excellent stuff
I'll try your OOB's!
Just what I was looking for. Thx!
quote:

Originally posted by Colonel von Blitz:
I made some changes to German & Czech OOBs, check out my website for changes and if you like'em...feel free to download new OOBs and try them out Colonel von Blitz http://www24.brinkster.com/vonblitz/spwawsounds.htm

Hammer

(in reply to leknes)
Post #: 6
- 2/26/2002 6:31:00 AM   
Svennemir

Actually the Aircraft hovering bug mentioned by Hammer is a real pestilence. The problem is that the planes actually hover. Not due to animation stopping, they just continue "moving" while not changing position. Actually it can be seen that their shadow is cast farther away from the plane as time passes, indicating that the plane increases in altitude. You can watch as the shadow "moves" off the screen. But since the plane is in fact not moving, it will never leave the map. Therefore AAA will shoot a great many times, and the plane will eventually be shot down. But if there are no AAA's, what then? Then you have to quit the game. (and don't even THINK about loading last turn if the plane belongs to the AI - it will just happen again with the same plane!)

(in reply to leknes)
Post #: 7
- 2/26/2002 7:35:00 PM   
Jacc

Remember also this: most of those units (like Me262) were actually produced in Czech area, like in the Skoda factories, and much of the German prototype equipment was then captured by Russians. However, Panther II was never actually built: one prototype was produced in MAN factories (Augsburg - Nuremberg) in early 1945. And the Panther II OOB is bad; the Schmallturm is not simulated, as isn't the Infrared device. Actually, the Panther Uhu is more a prototype Panther II than a Panther (prototype P2 was fitted with a 75mmL75 gun, infrared and telescope rage finder). Also, Panther 2 was faster (road approx. 55 km/h), not so long and more heavily protected. I don't know if these are corrected in the later versions of the SPWAW.

Pain is for the weak.

(in reply to leknes)
Post #: 8
- 2/28/2002 2:15:00 AM   
V-man

quote:

Originally posted by PzB-Hammer:
Ok thx for the update. The Ju52 that got shot at really behaved funny, but this was a single incident. Will watch for similar events.
While setting up a campaign game, I found that to use Paratroops as part of the AI's forces requires that after you load the planes with the troops, and set the Drop Zone and turn to arrive, you MUST set the planes as reinforcements on that turn. Otherwise, they creep across the board, two hexes per turn, until the turn or arrival, which they then just like hell for the DZ and drop. V-man

"You see, in this world there's 2 kinds of people, my friend:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to leknes)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unavailable equippment....? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI