Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions for the KP. Generals

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> The War Room >> Questions for the KP. Generals Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions for the KP. Generals - 4/18/2004 8:24:12 AM   
critter

OK gold background on unit soldier heads means Elite, Grey means regular, Red means substandard, White backgrounds????? Veteran??? Shifts involved?
Are there any ways to tell if rivers can be crossed and where? Is a major river the same in all games?
Are reinforcement arrival times ever altered.. meaning randomly game to game?
Why the +3, +5 under units on reinfocement screen. why not the day, + am or Pm?? Does +3 mean the third turn or third turn after ????
Ive had the game 3 weeks now and am in three different Pbem games. So will one of you high rankers help me in my quest.. thanks..Critter
Post #: 1
RE: Questions for the KP. Generals - 4/18/2004 1:03:11 PM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: critter

OK gold background on unit soldier heads means Elite, Grey means regular, Red means substandard, White backgrounds????? Veteran??? Shifts involved?

Not sure, will have to look at this. In general what is important is the unit background after you select them:

Gold=Elite with attack/defend bonus;
grey=standard;
red=substandard with attack penalty

Are there any ways to tell if rivers can be crossed and where? Is a major river the same in all games?

Look at the CRT/Terrain for the scenario. It will tell you which type of movement is allowed across a river, the OP cost, and whether combat is allowed or not. There are two sets of answers: one for good ground conditions and the second for bad ground conditions.

Are reinforcement arrival times ever altered.. meaning randomly game to game?

Not in KP.

Why the +3, +5 under units on reinfocement screen. why not the day, + am or Pm?? Does +3 mean the third turn or third turn after ????

It's the number of turns until the reinforcement arrives.

Ive had the game 3 weeks now and am in three different Pbem games. So will one of you high rankers help me in my quest.. thanks..Critter

Hope you're enjoying the game and hope this answers your questions.

JSS

< Message edited by JSS -- 4/18/2004 8:20:41 PM >

(in reply to critter)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions for the KP. Generals - 4/22/2004 11:00:30 AM   
critter

Thanks JSS.. Having a great time with the game..Being able to play other "live"players in 2 different countries, make it well worth the price of the lessons...THX Critter

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions for the KP. Generals - 4/24/2004 9:52:54 AM   
critter

Hey JJS what did you find out about the white backgrounds? They are mostly on the independent units..although they are also on rus Cav tank units.. Should we treat them as elite? anybody know?? crittert

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions for the KP. Generals - 4/24/2004 11:46:15 AM   
JSS

Critter,

If you're refering to the color behind the head on each step: Best I can tell there is no specific meaning (color of the units info background is where you see the red/substandard, grey/standard, gold/elite status displayed. These are the only ones of significance that I am aware of.

JSS

(in reply to critter)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions for the KP. Generals - 9/5/2004 11:28:08 AM   
thecker

red backgrounds are for isolated out of supplies,
white backgrounds are substandard.

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> The War Room >> Questions for the KP. Generals Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI