Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Firing animations take a lot of time!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Firing animations take a lot of time! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firing animations take a lot of time! - 2/26/2002 1:32:00 AM   
Svennemir

While SP:WAW is in many ways the best Steel Panthers game ever, there is one thing I do not like: In the earlier versions it was possible to adjust animation level - That meant turning off the firing animations. When a tank fires in SPWAW I have to sit and watch the animations for both main gun and the machine guns firing. That takes time, especially since the machine guns can fire an awful lot of times. The result of these bursts can be easily read in the log, so why not disable those animations? If only the first firing weapon is actually displayed, much time will be saved - that will make e.g. online games go much quicker. It was possible to turn off animations for weapon slots 2,3 and 4 in earlier SP versions, in SP:WW2 it was even possible to disable all the firing animations. Couldn't we get a small slider in the Preferences screen so some of the animations can be spared? If that is not possible, would it be possible to download animations that are quicker? For example if I have an animation of a shell impact with half the duration, it will take half the time to watch the artillery phase. Thanks.

Post #: 1
- 2/26/2002 3:04:00 AM   
lnp4668

I thinks there is a switch /impatient to turn off animation for everything except the main gun.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Svennemir)
Post #: 2
- 2/26/2002 3:09:00 AM   
Larry Holt

You cannot turn the animations off, except that you can turn quick artillery fire on or off. However, if you turn the message delay to xxx (or select it and hit the escape key), no message comes up. I find that on my 1GHz system the animations flash by. I have to turn message delay up just so I can see what is happening where.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Svennemir)
Post #: 3
- 2/26/2002 3:53:00 AM   
Svennemir

Thanks lnp ! I tried your switch, but it didn't work initially. Then I tried the command line without slash: mech.exe impatient That worked ! It even skips the SPWAW intro!

(in reply to Svennemir)
Post #: 4
- 2/26/2002 4:04:00 AM   
Svennemir

Hmm seems it always skips the intro when using mech.exe anyway... must have linked to spwaw.exe instead. Well, still it works !

(in reply to Svennemir)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Firing animations take a lot of time! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI