Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Folding faster than the French...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Folding faster than the French... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Folding faster than the French... - 9/5/2004 2:52:46 AM   
Synjin

Never seen this before... unless you count the two wars in Iraq. Did FOW haze my enemy troop counting, or did 37 IJA actually take out ~1500 USAA and PA troops?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Roxas

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 37 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1460 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Roxas base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
3439 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Post #: 1
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/5/2004 2:58:44 AM   
pasternakski

Anything you had at Roxas had to be the remnants of a failed Iloilo defense. They may not have had any M-1s left to equip so much as a squad, and morale and fatigue may have been such as to leave you unable to defend against so much as a depleted platoon of Japanese assault troops.

You'll be back, Mac.

(in reply to Synjin)
Post #: 2
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/5/2004 6:57:11 AM   
CV8 Hornet

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

Anything you had at Roxas had to be the remnants of a failed Iloilo defense. They may not have had any M-1s left to equip so much as a squad, and morale and fatigue may have been such as to leave you unable to defend against so much as a depleted platoon of Japanese assault troops.

You'll be back, Mac.

Holy cow! talk about some tough Japs!

CV-8 U.S.S. Hornet

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 3
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/5/2004 11:11:30 AM   
sveint

Were your troops all non-combatants? Base forces with no assault value? Out of supply?

EDIT: Oh yeah, enough of the French jokes, getting old.

< Message edited by sveint -- 9/4/2004 11:12:01 PM >

(in reply to CV8 Hornet)
Post #: 4
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/5/2004 11:38:10 AM   
Panzer76

Could you please refrain from nation bashing, you come off as a ignorant teenager.

http://www.exile.ru/175/war_nerd.html

Cheers,

Panzer

Attachment (1)

Cheers,
Panzer

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Synjin)
Post #: 5
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/5/2004 12:50:20 PM   
freeboy

Thr bionic soilders upgrade path.. they fart flames and breath toxins

(in reply to Panzer76)
Post #: 6
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/5/2004 2:47:23 PM   
LittleJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Synjin

Never seen this before... unless you count the two wars in Iraq. Did FOW haze my enemy troop counting, or did 37 IJA actually take out ~1500 USAA and PA troops?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Roxas

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 37 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1460 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Roxas base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
3439 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

You wuda thought that many Allies could of just rushed those 30 somthing troops with whatever they had Knifes/Boots/Wrenches.

The Japanese would of eventually run out of ammo

Panzer that link is a bit.....hm

"When the English Army faced the Wermacht at Dunkirk, well, thanks to spin the tuck-tail-and-flee result got turned into some heroic tale of a brilliant British retreat. The fact is, even the Brits behaved like cowards in the face of the Wermacht, abandoning the French. It's that simple."

Seems we should of sacrificed a large amount of our Army to hold a Dunkirk for a few more days to help our buddies the french.

The guy is anti french bashing but seems to insult a few other countries instead.

(in reply to Synjin)
Post #: 7
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/5/2004 9:24:08 PM   
Synjin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzer76

Could you please refrain from nation bashing, you come off as a ignorant teenager.

http://www.exile.ru/175/war_nerd.html

Cheers,

Panzer

1.) It was a mild attempt at humor, no need to resort to name-calling.

2.) Nice write up... too bad none of those "glorious" French victories have happened in the last ~100 years.

(in reply to Panzer76)
Post #: 8
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 12:33:14 AM   
pasternakski

Could we all please refrain from ignorant teenager bashing? It's not my fault that I'm ignorant, after all, I'm just a teenager and don't know any better.

Wanna see my new stud piercing? It's in a private place, like.

(in reply to Synjin)
Post #: 9
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 12:41:03 AM   
Hortlund

Stop being so damn sensitive.

It was a joke. Dont think its funny? Fine, dont laugh. You dont go arount tearing ppl a new a-hole if they tell a failed joke now do you?

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 10
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 1:00:58 AM   
Panzer76

Perhaps I over reacted, just getting tired of the cheap shots made at the French, and many of them are condescending while using "humor" as a cover. ("hey, it was only a joke..")

As for the link, never said it was the Truth(tm), just a link to point out an other opinion.

Carry on.

Cheers,

Panzer

Attachment (1)

Cheers,
Panzer

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 11
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 2:12:21 AM   
brisd

Right on Panzer 76, you have nothing to apologize for. The originator of this thread does.

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

(in reply to Panzer76)
Post #: 12
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 2:24:15 AM   
freeboy

The French are not an country with only one opinion, so while MANY, me included, in the US have been completely outraged at "them", for one the debate was getting Iraq contracts paid for entirely by US taxpayers money, not oil revenue... we in the US must remember it is the government of France that makes its policies. I love France, the poeple and its unique culture, and I am a typical educated White male American. I really do embrace diversity, that is what makes these forums, and the US, great, and while I hold my political views strongly perhaps they have less place on this forum than WITP issues?

just a thought guys...

< Message edited by freeboy -- 9/6/2004 8:34:15 AM >

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 13
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 2:30:41 AM   
Williamb

I found it funny and unfair.

The French fought Bravely at Verdun and elsewhere in WWI.

In WWII in 1940 the French soldiers fought as well as they could. They were handicaped by a series of bad governments that only wanted to trash the French Military. The Defeat in 1940 was the Governments fault not some poor French soldier who did his duty and fought as well as he could.

Later in the War the French prove their valor over and over again.

So its OK to joke but its also OK to set facts straight too.

PS I dont hate or dislike French people Either. Just not a Big Fan of Jacque Chirac and his Government.

< Message edited by William Amos -- 9/6/2004 12:32:47 AM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 14
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 3:22:49 AM   
caslug

When we make fun of other nation(and they make fun of ours), it's really the "leader", stereotyped or at most "way of life" that is lampooned, not invidual soldiers or citizens. French soldiers in ALL wars have fought bravely (foreign legion history is filled with "heroic last stand against heavy odds"). Who's fault was it to leave third rate troops against Gurdain's Panzers? Some top french general. The french had more tanks(generally) better than the german in 1940, they just split them up in penny packets(Brits) did this too, and got spanked for it. Again it was their generals fault. It's just french win/loss record in battle&war in the last 100 yrs isn't so great. So they're an easy target for comedians and historians. Remeber in 1815 the allied nation were very scared of france military even after waterloo. We shouldn't take things to seriously on this board (it's a warGAME) afterall. If you want to make fun of the americans go for it, but it should be funny.

Of course american history doesn't look kindly on degaulle during WWII, they tend to paint him as egotiscal(what leader wasn't), who thought his influence was more than it's worth(at least to the americans). US furnish the armenents for the allies and most of the troops. England accepted this and agree that the allied commander would be an american, even if americans didn't have as much experienced. All the allied nation accept this without major complaint(at least publicly from leaders). Except DeGaulle, he complained about everything, more importantly had a tendency to "demand" things from the americans(more supplies, equipment, etc.,). Einsenhower was always frustrated with dealing w/ DeGaulle and patton couldn't stand the french, but then again patton thought himself as a reincarnated roman who fought the gauls. History tend to be more kinder to DeGaulle post war years than during the war. Post WWII DeGaulle got france back together, and built them up to where they are today. Just in WWII, france's deeds were not to rosy. They did surrender in 6 weeks(from the time of crossing french border) without their capitol being capture. Look at Germany, it took the allied & russian 7-8 months and capitol had to be taken. Or Poland, hit from all sides and took the German 3-4 weeks and capitol was captured.

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 15
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 3:41:19 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund

Stop being so damn sensitive.

It was a joke. Dont think its funny? Fine, dont laugh. You dont go arount tearing ppl a new a-hole if they tell a failed joke now do you?

Tearing people a new a-hole? Wow, dude, sounds like a cool new sensation, kinda like Mentos mints.

Tell me how ya do that willya, dude? I'm 18, and I don't know what I want.

Everybody's trying to put us d-d-d-down (talkin' bout my generation)...

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 16
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 3:48:13 AM   
Panzer76

quote:

ORIGINAL: caslug
Einsenhower was always frustrated with dealing w/ DeGaulle and patton couldn't stand the french, but then again patton thought himself as a reincarnated roman who fought the gauls.

I heard that Montgomery was an all round well liked chap ;)

Attachment (1)

Cheers,
Panzer

Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to caslug)
Post #: 17
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/6/2004 11:13:55 PM   
sveint

So back on topic... what happened in that combat? Who were your troops?

(in reply to Panzer76)
Post #: 18
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/7/2004 1:42:42 AM   
Synjin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sveint

So back on topic... what happened in that combat? Who were your troops?

LOL! Thank you!

pasternakski hit it on the head with the first reply (though not his posts about teenagers and piercings and such). It was the remnants of a retreat from Iloilo. Troops involved were the PA regiment and the base force that start the game there. Ya, they were definitely low on supply, and missing some troops. I kind of expected them to lose eventually... just not to a force of only 37 men.

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 19
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/7/2004 7:24:38 AM   
admiral56

edited to re-close the subject and get back to topic

< Message edited by admiral56 -- 9/7/2004 4:03:03 PM >

Admiral56

"A military man can scarcely pride himself on having 'smitten a sleeping enemy'; it is more a matter of shame, simply, for the one smitten."

(in reply to Synjin)
Post #: 20
RE: Folding faster than the French... - 9/7/2004 4:22:54 PM   
LittleJoe

Way to put the topic back off track....

(in reply to admiral56)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Folding faster than the French... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI