Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ Control of Bases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> HQ Control of Bases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ Control of Bases - 9/9/2004 9:25:23 AM   
Knaust

How does this control work?
I took all bases in Malaya except Singapore. Conquering forces under Southern Area Army control...bases assigned to Burma Area. Burma Area HQ located in Luang Prabang...very far from theater.
So, why this control of bases?
Post #: 1
RE: HQ Control of Bases - 9/9/2004 9:53:12 AM   
Duderonomy

Knaust,

I have observed this problem as well in my PBEM game. Every base in Malaya is assigned to the Burma HQ despite the fact that all bases were captured by LCU's assigned to the Southern Army command. That includes Singapore, which was captured when the SA command was one hex away, in Johore Baru. What is even more frustrating is the fact that I cannot reassign any of the bases to the SA command, and yes, I have LCU's in the hex that are assigned to the SA, including that HQ itself .

I'm wondering if the fact that I transported the SA hq by ship to Malaya has anything to do with the problem. Also, the 3d Air Division hq was tranported to Khota Baru fairly early. It is assigned to the Burma hq, but it did not participate in the capture of any bases, and I switched it to the SA hq before Singapore fell, so I am really confused about that one.

Little help, anyone?

(in reply to Knaust)
Post #: 2
RE: HQ Control of Bases - 9/9/2004 11:04:19 AM   
Xargun

I believe the AI assigns control of the base by its geographic location - not the units that capture it... Any and all base HQs can be changed via exenditure of PPs and its not that big of a problem.. at least I haven't seen it to be.

Xargun

(in reply to Duderonomy)
Post #: 3
RE: HQ Control of Bases - 9/9/2004 3:55:56 PM   
WhoCares

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun
Any and all base HQs can be changed via exenditure of PPs...

...and just that does not seem to work for the malayan bases. At least not for me either. No 'burmese' forces around, sufficient PPs (last time I checked, I had >1200PPs and only 1000 were required to switch Khota Baru) - however, no other HQ was selectable.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 4
RE: HQ Control of Bases - 9/9/2004 4:00:29 PM   
Caltone

It's not working and the testers are aware of it. They have even asked for a few saves to check the fix. I'm guessing it will come with the next patch. BTW, its not just the bases in Malaysia, you can't change any base's HQ regardless of the amount of PP's you have.

I think this was borken by a patch, as I do remember changing HQ's early on.

"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to WhoCares)
Post #: 5
RE: HQ Control of Bases - 9/9/2004 4:14:46 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

It's not working and the testers are aware of it. They have even asked for a few saves to check the fix. I'm guessing it will come with the next patch. BTW, its not just the bases in Malaysia, you can't change any base's HQ regardless of the amount of PP's you have.

Correct, fixed now, will be in the next patch ... the correction to prevent the negative pool value allowing unlimited pp happened to take out base hq changing.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 6
RE: HQ Control of Bases - 9/9/2004 8:26:50 PM   
Twotribes

Actually I just changed a base ( Gili Gili) to SWPac and I am patched to 1.21.

It requires that a unit from the hqs you are changing to be in the base.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 7
RE: HQ Control of Bases - 9/9/2004 11:31:53 PM   
Antonius

What's the use of changing a base's HQ ?

Wargamo, ergo sum

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 8
RE: HQ Control of Bases - 9/10/2004 12:37:10 AM   
Twotribes

Well some people claim that in order to get the maximum effect from HQs for replacement and such, you need to be in a base from that HQs and in command radius.

I dont change big bases, costs way to much and no point. Gili Gili was only 100 Political Points.

(in reply to Antonius)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> HQ Control of Bases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI