Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

medical teams

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> medical teams Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
medical teams - 9/11/2004 4:36:25 PM   
jkokjohn

can anyone provide me information on medical teams, playing scenario hurtgen04 by WBW. It says to take care of your medical teams, not sure what there function is and never really noticed them when purchasing.
Post #: 1
RE: medical teams - 9/11/2004 7:10:31 PM   
BruceAZ

I think the designer (Will Bill, the best in the SPWAW community in my opinion) had created these units that are specific to this scenario only. By “taking care of them” he means to make sure they don’t get zapped. I would bet he has increased the point value so if they are lost, you will lose the battle.

He did that in a number of battles in the Korean War Campaign called “The Chosin Few.” For example, wounded troops in medical evacuation trucks or their medical teams.

Protect them at all costs!

Recon
Semper Fi

(in reply to jkokjohn)
Post #: 2
RE: medical teams - 9/11/2004 11:09:16 PM   
Jamminji

I am not sure about this particular senario but I played a smalkl campaign that had one senario that the mission was to beat a retreat off the map with all your wounded. It had a bunch of vehicles and a whole bunch of walking wounded seriouly wounded, etc squads. I ended up playing it twice because the first time I lost some wounded, and when I finally got some wounded off the map it said waling wounded exits map 1500 points! a tank only gave me about 300! Needless to say when I saw that I started over and made sure I protected ALL the wounded!

jam

(in reply to jkokjohn)
Post #: 3
RE: medical teams - 9/14/2004 6:26:05 PM   
RockinHarry

Scenario makers now can make use of some medical team units as well as "wounded" included in new V8.x norway OOBs!

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 4
RE: medical teams - 9/15/2004 12:36:40 AM   
BruceAZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockinHarry

Scenario makers now can make use of some medical team units as well as "wounded" included in new V8.x norway OOBs!

Hi Harry:

Do you mean the medical or hospital tents or is their an actual medical unit? If a unit, what nationality?

Recon
Semper Fi

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 5
RE: medical teams - 9/16/2004 7:11:16 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: BruceAZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockinHarry

Hi Harry:

Do you mean the medical or hospital tents or is their an actual medical unit? If a unit, what nationality?

Recon
Semper Fi

Off course the units don´t have "medical" abilities, but these are unarmed infantry units (ski infantry to prevent close assaults) that have a proper picture (stretcher bearers) and a limited carry capicity. That carry capacity then can be used to carry some "wounded" infantry units. Just check the PDF for all details.

Btw, Bruce you asked for it. There´s also a new "fast" barge unit included in norway OOB as well as some other naval stuff!

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 6
RE: medical teams - 9/17/2004 2:57:33 AM   
BruceAZ

Wow!

Thanks Harry and to those that worked on the new OOB's!

Recon
Semper Fi

(in reply to RockinHarry)
Post #: 7
RE: medical teams - 9/27/2004 6:09:58 PM   
Wild Bill

Thanks to Recon and Harry for addressing this matter. Medical teams cannot "heal" the wounded in the game. Historically (Vets can correct me on this), the presence of a "medic" or "corpsman" was encouraging to the fighting man. It meant that if he were wounded he would receive medical attention right then and there (hopefully!).

Thus their value is increased. Now a note to designers. Use HQ units to allow them to offer additional morale checks. Of course this means that they would have to belong to a particular unit for that to work.

Either way, I feel it adds a touch of realism. As I have read and in talking with combat vets, medics were greatly appreciated. They were heroes, a special breed. In addition, the enemy often targeted medics knowing that killing them would hurt their adversaries even more.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> medical teams Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI