Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

POW Camps.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> POW Camps. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
POW Camps. - 10/18/2000 8:08:00 AM   
Major Tom

I think that there should be default POW camps placed at certain bases. Singapore Clark Field Somewhere in Borneo Somewhere in Thailand etc... These should be known locations to the Allies, and, should be considered as highly important Victory Point areas. This will 'force' the Allied player to go for the Philippines and Borneo instead of just going for the Marianas, Iwo Jima and then bomb Japan into submission. The political bomb of allowing POW's to remain in captivity when there is the ability to rescue them should be tremendous. Jeremy

Post #: 1
- 11/4/2000 1:39:00 AM   
Vincent Prochelo

quote:

Originally posted by Major Tom: I think that there should be default POW camps placed at certain bases.
I agree with this completely..... great idea. -V

"It is as it is."

-Edward III

(in reply to Major Tom)
Post #: 2
- 11/4/2000 8:05:00 AM   
moore4807

I agree the POW camps should be a factor- however they should be random and changing as Port Bases get powerful enough or far enough behind the Japanese lines. This could make it an intelligence issue too. (find/raid/capture the POW bases before such and such a time in order to gain victory points)Just a thought Jim

(in reply to Major Tom)
Post #: 3
- 11/7/2000 7:20:00 AM   
mogami

Hey why not Japan needs workers for the great Rangoon Bankok railway. And their research experiments. I do not think the allies gave to much thought to rescuing POW's during the war (Except for Patton trying to get his son-in-law) ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Major Tom)
Post #: 4
- 11/7/2000 8:31:00 AM   
Major Tom

All that these would be worth are morale benefits. There has to be some reason why a player would want to liberate the Philippines instead of going straight to Japan from the Marianas.

(in reply to Major Tom)
Post #: 5
- 11/8/2000 5:53:00 AM   
mogami

Hi the US went "back" because Doug said he would. To reflect this in game if US keeps Doug in Command they have to go "back" or suffer victory point loss ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

(in reply to Major Tom)
Post #: 6
- 11/10/2000 1:29:00 PM   
Dave S

If one would have to go to the Philipines or suffer VPs,then the player should be able to leave him there in the first place with Wainwright.

the worst

(in reply to Major Tom)
Post #: 7
- 11/12/2000 11:18:00 AM   
mogami

You can leave him there LOL. I have put Gen Short in command of SW Pacific a few times and he wins the war too. I think Doug should have been shot rather then recieved MH. I also don't think the player (ethier side) should be forced into stratic moves by game design. The purpose is for player to make these choices. PI is worth victory points if allied player can win without them thats his business. Oh and by the way most US pow's were shipped out of PI to Japan. US aircraft and subs sank several maru's full of them (one had 1800 another 1500) ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction! [This message has been edited by Mogami (edited November 13, 2000).]

(in reply to Major Tom)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> POW Camps. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI