Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Empty Bunkers with OOB editor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Empty Bunkers with OOB editor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empty Bunkers with OOB editor? - 6/12/2000 12:05:00 AM   
sjuncal

Any way to make empty bunkers that can be crewed by your core troops, but otherwise act like bunkers should? I.e. Your troops could fire from them and get the Bunkers armor value defensively but not act like a tank (squads jumping out at the first sign of trouble).

Post #: 1
- 6/12/2000 12:54:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I think there is more to it than that, but Michael would have to address it....I think bunkers are a certain "class" and that predetermines what it will and won't do Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to sjuncal)
Post #: 2
- 6/12/2000 1:10:00 AM   
sjuncal

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: I think there is more to it than that, but Michael would have to address it....I think bunkers are a certain "class" and that predetermines what it will and won't do Wild Bill
Okay maybe then use the "cave" unit type but empty it of guns? I assume (I could be totally wrong) that caves can have more than just their crew in them recieving protection and firing out of them (unlike bunkers)? If that's the case then it looks like I could just make a "cave" name it "bunker" remove it's guns and crew (how do you remove crew or is that also a function of unit type?) change the icon and give it a purchase cost... A cave should act like a bunker (of course editing it's armor as well) with squads not bailing out, give protection, and allow firing out of... unless they don't allow squads inside I just really like the idea of buying bunkers for my vets, instead of getting them and letting support troops enjoy their protection while my guys sit out in the open with measley sand bags Is there any other class or type of unit ("emplacement"?) that might act enough like an empty bunker to be turned into one?

(in reply to sjuncal)
Post #: 3
- 6/12/2000 1:47:00 AM   
Voriax

Sjungal, afaik a cave is just special type of bunker. The speciality being the impenetrability from other directions than front. The problem with your request seems to be that although I'm pretty sure it's possible to create a bunker where you can put your troops in, they will not use their weapons from the bunker. Likewise the unit riding on top of a tank or inside an APC won't use it's weapons. Hmm...I think I fiddle with the bunkers a bit and see what pops out and not Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to sjuncal)
Post #: 4
- 6/12/2000 2:27:00 AM   
sjuncal

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: Sjungal, afaik a cave is just special type of bunker. The speciality being the impenetrability from other directions than front. The problem with your request seems to be that although I'm pretty sure it's possible to create a bunker where you can put your troops in, they will not use their weapons from the bunker. Likewise the unit riding on top of a tank or inside an APC won't use it's weapons. Hmm...I think I fiddle with the bunkers a bit and see what pops out and not Voriax
I guess what would be needed would be something that acts like a house but with armor value. That can be bought... You're right I can't think of anything in the game that can "load" infantry or smaller guns but still allows the inf. to fire without dismounting first.

(in reply to sjuncal)
Post #: 5
- 6/12/2000 2:37:00 AM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by sjuncal: I guess what would be needed would be something that acts like a house but with armor value. That can be bought... You're right I can't think of anything in the game that can "load" infantry or smaller guns but still allows the inf. to fire without dismounting first.
I tried a bunch of 'forts'. I recalssed them as apcs, emplacements, whatever. It brewed up to the points that you cannot get loaded troops to fire from inside, at least I could not make it so. And it is easy to add load capacity to bunkers, but at the first hit to the bunker, penetrating or not, the troops bail out. and the odd thing: I fiddled with the formations and units and believe it or not, I once created a unit selection button 'Mike Amos' I have no clue how it ended there, unfortunately it was otherwise a blank button, just the name and no units to choose from. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to sjuncal)
Post #: 6
- 6/12/2000 4:05:00 AM   
Warhorse

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: I tried a bunch of 'forts'. I recalssed them as apcs, emplacements, whatever. It brewed up to the points that you cannot get loaded troops to fire from inside, at least I could not make it so. And it is easy to add load capacity to bunkers, but at the first hit to the bunker, penetrating or not, the troops bail out. and the odd thing: I fiddled with the formations and units and believe it or not, I once created a unit selection button 'Mike Amos' I have no clue how it ended there, unfortunately it was otherwise a blank button, just the name and no units to choose from. Voriax
I saw this today, Wild Bill laughingly told me about it a couple of days ago!!! We had to put our names in the formation menu of the oob we worked on, when I first did these about 14 months ago, although, the name appears nowhere, and can't figure how it keeps popping up?! I swear, I didn't do it!! Very strange. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to sjuncal)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Empty Bunkers with OOB editor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI