Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Documentation comments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Documentation comments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Documentation comments - 9/20/2004 2:29:26 PM   
DonStone

Thoughts on the documentation as I read through this weekend.

- the tutorial is *superb* -- well worth all the effort that went into it -- as I hope is obvious, my queries/comments here are *way* down in the noise -- I already have a much deeper understanding of the game than I have of comparable games after much playing (appreciated by an old board wargamer).

- I didn't understand the purpose of the "Supply Trace Display" in the truck example. The manual was clearer, but I still don't understand the map display -- what are the holes that sometimes appear between the "green" areas and the "orange" areas?

- A list of keyboard shortcuts would be nice -- or a "one-screen" online help.

- A table of contents for the manual would be nice -- ideally, an index as well.

- the "B" and "F" on the scenario screen are never explained. I still don't know what they mean, although the navigation through the screens is straightforward.

- I don't think the light-blue "divisional integrity" radius is ever explained? (I might have missed it?) I eventually figured it out, but was confused for a while.

- I'm still a little confused by the amphibious example in the tutorial -- the implication is that you can do things, like crush enemy strongpoints/units/etc, to result in less rolls -- can you affect the roll needed? (i.e., was the "4" in the "bad" example a fixed number, or would it go down if you crushed many of the strongpoints?)
Post #: 1
RE: Documentation comments - 9/20/2004 3:20:22 PM   
Rainbow7

The B refers to a battle scenario, and the F refers to a folder (to navigate through).

Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying

(in reply to DonStone)
Post #: 2
RE: Documentation comments - 9/20/2004 5:15:25 PM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonStone

- I didn't understand the purpose of the "Supply Trace Display" in the truck example. The manual was clearer, but I still don't understand the map display -- what are the holes that sometimes appear between the "green" areas and the "orange" areas?

If I understand your question correctly the unshaded "holes" or areas are unsupplied hexes. This could be because of terrain movement costs (or even illegal terrain) or something's there to prevent supply delivery

quote:

- I'm still a little confused by the amphibious example in the tutorial -- the implication is that you can do things, like crush enemy strongpoints/units/etc, to result in less rolls -- can you affect the roll needed? (i.e., was the "4" in the "bad" example a fixed number, or would it go down if you crushed many of the strongpoints?)

You can affect the number of dice thrown by reducing steps near the beach landing site. Nothing you can do about the lethality of each die (its set by the scenario designer).

JSS

(in reply to DonStone)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Documentation comments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI