Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! - 9/18/2004 11:13:50 AM   
weedee

Just installed 8.20 and when naval guns or hvy mortars firing, there's no sound at all. Is this normal?
Post #: 1
RE: Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! - 9/18/2004 11:14:17 AM   
weedee

And yes, there's .wav files in snd directory.

(in reply to weedee)
Post #: 2
RE: Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! - 9/18/2004 3:09:47 PM   
Paranormalix

If You have fast artillery on in the preferences screen, no sound is played. Turn fast arty off if You want to hear bombardment sounds but I warn You: the bombardment takes A LOT longer time.

Correct me if I am wrong...

" One size fits all : .50 " "unknown"

(in reply to weedee)
Post #: 3
RE: Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! - 9/18/2004 4:11:42 PM   
robot

I think you are right as rain on that. Although i never use the fast artty on thing. I love to hear that sound of heavy stuff comin in. Also like to smell napalm in the morning. Just as the sun comes up over the water is best. OOps got lost in a movie i saw a long time ago. Apocolypse or some thing spelled like that.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to Paranormalix)
Post #: 4
RE: Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! - 9/21/2004 10:07:22 PM   
weedee

It helped! I just turn fast arty off from preferences and voilä! Thank u!

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
RE: Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! - 9/22/2004 2:25:35 AM   
Major Destruction

If your artillery is taking a hugely longer time with fast arty off you might want to check the delay times in Preferences. Set to xxx , artillery comes in quite quickly, with sounds and with little delay between rounds. Looks pretty impressive too.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Paranormalix)
Post #: 6
RE: Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! - 9/22/2004 3:23:12 AM   
KG Erwin

Maybe I'm somewhat of a masochist, but I play with fast artillery OFF. The sounds are impressive, and the results you see either for or against you can either satisfy or horrify. The fact of the matter in that artillery was the killer in WWII. The statistics prove it.

However, the most impressive displays of bombardment (IMHO) are by battleships & cruisers preparatory to an amphibious assult, and the awesome sounds of a rocket barrage. If your PC sound system has a subwoofer (which mine does) , then you get the full effect. Set live delay to 10, and message delay to 50. Play it LOUD, and you are there. I love it.

As a demonstration of this, play the first turn of Wild Bill's Iwo Jima (big) scenario, and just watch and listen.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 9/21/2004 8:36:28 PM >

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 7
RE: Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! - 9/22/2004 7:29:38 PM   
vulkansanex

If its true that mortars accounted for most of the combat casualeties in WWII - Then should the Mortar damage be looked over for spwaw?

I also detect a much better kill ratio - not to mention tanks destroyed ratio - when the AI's 81s drop on me than when mine
drop on him... Of course the AI needs some compensation to counterweigh having no tactical brain. (And NO the AI des not always have spotter line of sight.)

And my 60mm mortars are best used knocking out light vehicles by direct fire.

Of course I could up the kill ratios in the preferences to suit my conceptions of reality - So there really is no problem.
And I dont 'cause I trust the SPWAW team more than myself on the effects of WWII weapons.

This is merely a historical accuracy query.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help! No artillery sounds in SPWAW! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI