Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help - 10/1/2004 3:00:17 AM   
toddt

Hi all--

My wife and I have played several games of KP now, but on the last one (full KP scenario) we got to Axis turn 2, for no apparent reason, the 'load it' button on my wife's computer refused to go active. Resent turn. Tried again. Nope.

Started a new game (without using resign button--how could we--couldn't load it to resign).

Now load it button no workie on any turn.

Started a game from her computer.

That worked.

Quit that, and started on my computer, no 'load it'.

Uninstalled re-installed. No joy.

How do we reset the state???
Post #: 1
RE: Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help - 10/1/2004 4:29:53 AM   
alexs

Hi Todd,
You dont need to reset anything - every time you start the game, the program checks whether there are any valid games that are able to be loaded. In this case, its not finding any. I am guessing this is an email game? Is security turned on? Have you tried the "quick load" email game method (ie mapping the dkp file extension to the korsun executible - i can provide more info if required)? this would give more output as to why the file cannot be loaded.

AlexS
SSG

(in reply to toddt)
Post #: 2
RE: Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help - 10/1/2004 5:48:47 AM   
toddt

Alex--

Thanks for the help. Yes, it's a PBEM match. (see the title of the post? :) )

There's something more sinister going on than you describe though. Fresh reinstall, no game ever started with this install. Start a secure PBEM game, and send the turn to wife. Wife's computer, fresh re-install, fails to allow the "load it" button for the received turn. DEBUG.LOG says the turn failed to load because of ERROR 4, whatever that helps. There is definitely a state saved somewhere with secure games, otherwise uninstalling/re-installing (to a different directory, mind you) would have worked.

Keep in mind that we've played many secure games successfully.

TT

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 3
RE: Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help - 10/5/2004 4:30:00 AM   
alexs

Hi Todd,
Can you tell me whether you have the European version of the game (identified by the justplay logo on the cd, as well as the matrix logo), or the US version (identified by only having the matrix games logo on the cd)? Also, where did you download the patch from? I ask because normally, the debug.log file should not be created so it looks like you have a debug version. To double check this, try hitting esc in the game - if that quits the game, then you have a debug version for sure.
Can you let me know if patched to version v1.11, and where you got the patch from?

Alex

(in reply to toddt)
Post #: 4
RE: Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help - 10/9/2004 11:15:31 AM   
toddt

Yes, good point. I got the debug version by downloading the crack from gamecopyworld.com (HATE putting the CD in), but that was long ago and far away. Since then, of course, I tried deleting everything, and using only the 1.10 (official) and 1.11 (official) version of the game.

We've pretty much given up on secure PBEM, as we had never been able to make it work again.

Need some more details about the mechanisms so we can troubleshoot.

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 5
RE: Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help - 10/10/2004 2:46:57 AM   
alexs

Hi Todd,

The crack may be the problem. The latest version is v1.11, and there are differences between the European copy protection and the American copy protection.

Are you able to try a reinstall, apply the v1.10 and v1.11 patches in order, and then try without the crack.

The other thing to test is whether you can go the the "Email Game" screen (by clicking the Email Game button on the main screen. From there, check if you can click the "Load Current Game" button - if so, the computer has recorded that you have a security email game currently open (ie you were playing an email game and you clicked the 'x' to exit the game without ending the turn). If so, click it, and you will be taken to that game, at the stage you were up to when you exited. Hit the end turn button and click 'exit and send'. When the email prompt comes up to email your game, dont send it, and the game should allow you to load another security game.

Regards
AlexS

(in reply to toddt)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Secure PBEM hosed--uninstall/reinstall no help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI