Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hex Size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Hex Size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hex Size - 2/20/2002 1:49:00 PM   
linrom

I am greatly disappointed to see this project make the FATAL mistake of fixing hex size at 60 miles. Since this development has now been going on for years, it almost seems like a complete waste of our time to wait for a game that appears to be almost a generation behind what should be technically doable. The whole idea should be to make this game at least realistic. At 60 miles to a hex you could hide the whole of US Navy, without the Japanese ever finding a trace of it.

Post #: 1
- 2/20/2002 2:28:00 PM   
ratster

Actually I think they changed it to 50 miles a hex for WitP. But even at 60 miles hex... were talkin one big honkin map. So the whole fleet can be in one hex, what's your point? You do remember the lesson of Pearl Harbor right?

" If it be now, tis not to come: if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all"

Clan [GOAT]

(in reply to linrom)
Post #: 2
- 2/20/2002 3:11:00 PM   
Zakhal()

Larger hexes also leave less land for land combat manouvers. Instead of any tactics you just take the land units and put them next to enemy and fight. A bit same with sea combat. 50 miles, 80 km. I think i could walk that distance in one day. But still its a ****load of space. Especially if you think jungle. 50 miles of heavy jungle. It might take weeks to travel in those conditions. Hiding an army would be a piece of cake just like in the ocean situation. Though, a too small scale [might] kill the playability with micromanagament. Even pacwar can be very frustrating with its scale if you play as japanese at the start of the war. But i have to admit, the UV screenies with more detail and room look much more interesting as a battlefield than the much larger WITP ones.

(in reply to linrom)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Hex Size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI