Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Screenshots Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> New Screenshots Available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Screenshots Available - 10/18/2001 11:50:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys Here are some more screenshots. The planes have been redone as well as the map. Take a look and let us know what you think.

Post #: 1
- 10/18/2001 3:02:00 PM   
IKerensky

Holy Cow , they were nice, now the only word is GORGEOUS. ))

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 10/18/2001 9:57:00 PM   
ClaudiMCK

That is some nice graphics indeed. Keep up the good work.

Post #: 3
- 10/18/2001 11:09:00 PM   
Grouchy

Very nice SS's, noticed the day and night experience for the crew, the different armors (Belt, deck etc), like that! Question about the radar (and guns) that I see on the device list. Can those devices be taken out and be repaired at sea if damage is light?

Post #: 4
- 10/19/2001 6:47:00 AM   
Dragon

Liked the screen shots. Will Naval Battles be like the pictured Air Combat???
"Turn us into the Wind Mr Evans" [ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Dragon

Post #: 5
- 10/19/2001 10:37:00 AM   
rough

Awesome graphics. If this game will play as good as it looks it will be the best wargame ever. The planes are trully beautiful. I know it'd be too much to ask but it'd be so nice if these planes represented (or had a small list under each type) of which unit/squadron is participating and taking/dealing damage. Probably 'd mean more variables. Just a wish that's all. Looks awesome. Definitely the most awaited game on my list... and I know at least a few old time PacWar fanatics who'll fall in love with this one too. Thank You guys. rough.

Post #: 6
- 10/19/2001 2:39:00 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Will Naval Battles be like the pictured Air Combat???
Yes Sir.

Post #: 7
- 10/20/2001 3:55:00 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello... Systems can sometimes be repaired at sea, but will usually require dock work. Minor damage at the scale of 6 to 12 hour impulses can be repaired during the turn. Greater damage may require parts or facilities not aboard the ship. Bye... Michael Wood __________________________________________________________________________________
quote:

Originally posted by Grouchy:
Very nice SS's, noticed the day and night experience for the crew, the different armors (Belt, deck etc), like that! Question about the radar (and guns) that I see on the device list. Can those devices be taken out and be repaired at sea if damage is light?

Post #: 8
- 10/20/2001 4:00:00 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello... We had room for 12 aircraft on the screen. There may be 20 or more squadrons attacking, so we would not be able to show all. However, the text line at the bottom of the screen, which describes the combat, will tell what squadron is attacking what squadron. I am adding that text, today, along with a smoke and fire animation for when a plane is hit. Bye... Michael Wood
___________________________________________________________________________________
quote:

Originally posted by rough:
Awesome graphics. If this game will play as good as it looks it will be the best wargame ever. The planes are truly beautiful. I know it'd be too much to ask but it'd be so nice if these planes represented (or had a small list under each type) of which unit/squadron is participating and taking/dealing damage. Probably 'd mean more variables. Just a wish that's all. Looks awesome. Definitely the most awaited game on my list... and I know at least a few old time PacWar fanatics who'll fall in love with this one too. Thank You guys. rough.

Post #: 9
- 10/20/2001 2:53:00 PM   
Von Rom

I just checked the latest screenshots. Thanks for putting the life, colour and graphics into a wargame. At last! A great looking wargame. Who would have thought you could those words in the same sentence? Keep up the great work guys. It is truly a thing of beauty. . . The Avalon Hill baton has been passed to Matrix. . .

Post #: 10
- 10/21/2001 6:48:00 AM   
rough

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Wood:
Hello... We had room for 12 aircraft on the screen. There may be 20 or more squadrons attacking, so we would not be able to show all. However, the text line at the bottom of the screen, which describes the combat, will tell what squadron is attacking what squadron. I am adding that text, today, along with a smoke and fire animation for when a plane is hit. Bye... Michael Wood
___________________________________________________________________________________

now that's lovely. Since you were to add that text yesterday can we see the screenshot? Are there any naval battle screenshots ready yet? What about the land units, any of those?
How about more of the map?
Yamamoto's portrait maybe? you've really wet my appetite.

Post #: 11
- 10/21/2001 3:48:00 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Are there any naval battle screenshots ready yet? What about the land units, any of those?
How about more of the map?
Yamamoto's portrait maybe?
ROFL. I´m working hard on that Yamamoto portrait but my oil colors are gone and shops are closed here on sundays....

Post #: 12
- 10/22/2001 12:36:00 AM   
Zakhal

Good looking pics, can hardly wait for the game!

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

Post #: 13
- 10/22/2001 7:17:00 AM   
Dunedain

Those are some very nice graphics, both on the map and the planes. As far as commanders go, actual historic photographs next to their names would
be great. Then you could really see who it is you're placing in command of
your TF's. It would lend a nice authentic touch.

Post #: 14
- 10/23/2001 6:31:00 AM   
Proteus

After viewing those graphics and details I've switched my christmas priorities from Combat Mission 2 to Uncommon Valor! You guys are doing an incredible job. Thank you.

Post #: 15
- 10/23/2001 10:51:00 AM   
mario vallee

WOW! Very nice. I love the new map. Bravo! mario

Vive L'Empereur !

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> New Screenshots Available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI