Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacements between battles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> Replacements between battles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacements between battles - 10/10/2004 10:09:12 PM   
toddtreadway

Is there a button I'm missing that will allow all your units to be automatically replaced up to full strength without clicking repeatedly?

Such a button would be very useful, if it doesn't exist.

Or as a medium solution, maybe add a feature that will bring a unit up to full strength when the + sign is right clicked?

< Message edited by toddtreadway -- 10/10/2004 2:12:09 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/10/2004 11:19:05 PM   
Deride

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway
Is there a button I'm missing that will allow all your units to be automatically replaced up to full strength without clicking repeatedly?

There is a "Buy All" button which will be enabled if you have enough money to replace all of your units. There is no such button for training, however.

Deride

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/11/2004 12:12:49 AM   
Radames

My personal style of play is to buy all the cards I want, then hit the buy all button, and then train whatever units I have money left for.

(in reply to Deride)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/11/2004 12:53:19 AM   
Hertston

Interesting. Cards are certainly useful and potentially decisive, but I always go for manpower and training first.

Why do you consider cards more valuable than training ?

(in reply to Radames)
Post #: 4
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/11/2004 1:44:27 AM   
Radames

I've found that getting all three health and rally cards are very important to me. So I usually buy those first, then full stands for all units. At that point, I usually only have enough money to train the lowest level of units. Training to veteran or elite doesn't seem worth the money.

I guess I see the order as a way to spread the money around, and also use the labor saving "buy all" button.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 5
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/11/2004 4:14:42 AM   
Deride

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston
Interesting. Cards are certainly useful and potentially decisive, but I always go for manpower and training first.

This is certainly not an endorsement for any "official Koios Works strategy", but I also like the flexibility that a health card and rally card gives me. Rally can really help pull in a routed unit when you just need more manpower for the job. Health cards can be used wisely to give you another "dice roll" since each stand gets its own shot.

Although I almost always buy all replacement troops first, I do look at the trade-off between training and buying cards.

Deride

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 6
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/11/2004 11:54:53 AM   
PDiFolco

About the replacement, I'm bugged by the fact that whatever number of replacements you buy, the exp level of the unit doesn't change .
It'll make sense to have unit lose something like 1 xp level/ figurine bought (yeah, like it was in Panzer general IIRC )

(in reply to Deride)
Post #: 7
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/11/2004 2:39:52 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: PDiFolco
About the replacement, I'm bugged by the fact that whatever number of replacements you buy, the exp level of the unit doesn't change .
It'll make sense to have unit lose something like 1 xp level/ figurine bought (yeah, like it was in Panzer general IIRC )

The Exp level changes here, but not always for just one replacement at all experience levels. An Elite unit that gets one replacement will immediately drop to Veteran, for example. Also, Alexander's unit is an exception, it's always Elite.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 8
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/13/2004 2:24:00 AM   
koiosworks

quote:

You lose one full level of training if you replace ANY stand during reinforcements (but you only lose one level no matter how many you replace). Exception is Alexander's unit that always stays Elite.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 9
RE: Replacements between battles - 10/13/2004 11:49:04 AM   
PDiFolco

quote:

ORIGINAL: koiosworks

quote:

You lose one full level of training if you replace ANY stand during reinforcements (but you only lose one level no matter how many you replace). Exception is Alexander's unit that always stays Elite.

Ah, fine.. Surely I only looked at Alex Companions exp level after replacement, in my first battle they were eliminated (after doing 2500 Theban casulaties though) !

It'll also make sense to have a 2nd exp level loss is more than 50% of the unit (3 stands out of 4 or 100% for cav/elephants).

(in reply to koiosworks)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> Replacements between battles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI