Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

barge carrier

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> barge carrier Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
barge carrier - 10/11/2004 8:27:03 PM   
Sawbonz

I'm currently playing MCLV. There have been several scenarios with barge carriers. However they are not showing that they are actually loaded. Though it would have been nice to have a mechanism to cross rivers with a tank or truck, I can't figure out why they are there if they don't have a barge. I tried unloading and taking into the water which didn't work. Did I miss something?
Post #: 1
RE: barge carrier - 10/12/2004 12:37:32 AM   
Clipper1968

In the first scen only your infantry squads can cross the river with their dinghies for the assault.You can use your StuG IIIb in support of your infantry advance or for destroying viewed bunkers from your side.
IIRC in the second scen german engineers has built up temporary bridges which are destroyed by Soviet artillery in the first turn preventing your vehicles to intervene in the battle.
Only in the third battle your vehicles, AT guns and inf guns will be able to participate directly to the combat.
So you did not miss anything,that's the way it is.

"s'instruire pour vaincre"

(in reply to Sawbonz)
Post #: 2
RE: barge carrier - 10/12/2004 2:48:40 AM   
Sawbonz

Well these are scenarios that are about 20 or 30 deep into the campaign, not the beginning.

< Message edited by Sawbonz -- 10/15/2004 12:05:15 PM >

(in reply to Clipper1968)
Post #: 3
RE: barge carrier - 3/2/2005 3:27:51 PM   
mosh

HI!

this might be late for you, but..

In those battles you are playing, you'll have to load barges first, and then drive them to place where beach is beside shallow water, and then unload. On the beach you also find some unpassable hexes for your vehicles.

oh well, if scens don't work, blame on me...

salute

skukko aka mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again.

(in reply to Sawbonz)
Post #: 4
RE: barge carrier - 3/6/2005 7:28:33 PM   
Major Destruction

Speaking about barge carriers, I believe.

The barge carriers carry one barge. In previous versions of the game they carried many barges. However the barges are not shown as 'loaded' onto the barge carrier. To offload the barge, you simply drive the barge carrier into the water. Presto! one barge will appear. If the barge carrier draws opportunity fire, it will remain in the water hex until the op fire ends, then retreat back onto dry land.

Now you may use your barge. It is not possible to reload the barge back onto the barge carrier. The barge carrier plays no further part in the game and a player might be well advised to get it out of harms way.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to mosh)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> barge carrier Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI