Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can we read the manual while we wait?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Can we read the manual while we wait? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can we read the manual while we wait? - 2/8/2002 9:35:00 PM   
11Bravo

Distributing the manual early might be of value to everyone involved. If it exists in PDF format and has been released in beta form, the distribution could be as easy as posting it to Matrix's ftp site. This could serve to whet our appetites, and get some beta feedback on the manual, as well as stimulate discussion of game issues, OOB's, features, etc. What do you think, guys? Any interest in this?

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.
Post #: 1
- 2/8/2002 10:16:00 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

quote:

Originally posted by 11Bravo:
Distributing the manual early might be of value to everyone involved. If it exists in PDF format and has been released in beta form, the distribution could be as easy as posting it to Matrix's ftp site. This could serve to whet our appetites, and get some beta feedback on the manual, as well as stimulate discussion of game issues, OOB's, features, etc. What do you think, guys? Any interest in this?
Yeah, right... maybe we can preorder the game and after that, we can download the manual... want it want it want it NOW !!!!!!!
Everything i read about it shows me : Buy it....
hope that you ship it to germany too.... otherwise i must start an invasion, conquer america and take it then..

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 2
- 2/9/2002 3:35:00 AM   
daniel123

I for one would like to read the manual ahead of the game release. It would be different, normally, I install a game and try to play it before reading the manual. If we could look at the instructions now the learning curve would not be as long as it usually is. I also would like to get a look at what we all hope to be playing soon.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 3
- 2/9/2002 5:47:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys We are still adding deetails to the manual and so its not in a ready state.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 4
- 2/9/2002 7:02:00 AM   
byron13

Like Daniel, I normally try and play first and then read the manual. Since I don't want to break this routine, maybe you could let me download a beta version of the game so that I can get comfortable with it before the manual is released? Well, it never hurts to ask . . . .

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 5
- 2/9/2002 7:22:00 AM   
rough44

I could use an unready manual, I'm gettin sick of coming back here every five minutes to get any kind of new details. So how long will it take till the game is completely ready? Two more months... no that's way too long, two weeks right?

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 6
- 2/9/2002 9:07:00 AM   
Warpup

You guys need to learn to meditate. Imagine yourself as a Japanese soldier stranded on one of those Soloman island chains, holed up in a cave with just grubs and such to eat, wondering if those dragon like creatures that have come down to the beach to feed on the carcasses of your comrades are real or an illusion. Get into a calm state of mind to preserve your sanity. Say OOOOoooommmmmmmm....

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 7
- 2/10/2002 5:06:00 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

Originally posted by byron:
Like Daniel, I normally try and play first and then read the manual. Since I don't want to break this routine, maybe you could let me download a beta version of the game so that I can get comfortable with it before the manual is released? Well, it never hurts to ask . . . .
I prefer to read the manuel first, good buddy, in fact I recall when I bought the original Pac war I sat and read the humorgous manuel before installing pacwar and playing... (Dan)

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 8
- 2/12/2002 6:08:00 AM   
byron13

Naw, that was an attempt at reverse pyschology. Since they won't give us the manual early, which is what everyone wants, maybe they'd let the game out early before the manual! Obviously didn't work, huh?

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 9
- 2/12/2002 6:29:00 AM   
Paul Goodman

I'm an engineer. We never read the manual until we have broken whatever the manual is about. So release the game! Paul

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 10
- 2/13/2002 6:44:00 PM   
daniel123

I understand the manual is not up to date, but it would allow us to look at the screen shots and gain a understanding of what each selection would leed to. I do hope you will give us a early look into the games dynamics.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 11
- 2/13/2002 9:43:00 PM   
byron13

You know, I look at our posts, and I have to laugh. Change the word "manual" to "candy bar" or "fire truck," and this whole diologue sounds just like my three year old whining in the store, thinking of every possible angle to get what he wants. "But daddy . . . I want the manual NOW!" I guess this shows that we're nothing more than just big kids. I just got my HPS Sims Bulge '44 CD delivered to my office this morning, and my secretary couldn't figure out why I was beaming like a kid at Christmas!

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 12
- 2/15/2002 3:58:00 AM   
daniel123

You are correct about it being like candy, after all the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. This game price will be more than a candy bar or two. I still wish to look at the manual while we wait for the good stuff to come.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 13
- 2/15/2002 10:13:00 AM   
11Bravo

Mommmmmmmm! Byron called me a big kid!!! Haha. Its true. I see myself in my son and daughter. No you can't stay up and play with your toys! Go to bed! Thank God their asleep. Time to fire up SPWAW. [ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 14
- 2/15/2002 9:01:00 PM   
byron13

It's so true. The past two weeks I've been in steady sleep deprivation while I play HPS Sims new game. I've even started taking naps in a sleeping bag in the back of my pickup during lunch! I'm sure when UV comes out, I'll just have to take a week off. 11Bravo? You're a grunt?

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 15
- 2/18/2002 12:26:00 AM   
Von Rom

Actualy, providing the manual online, whether fully complete or not, does have some merit: 1) It can generate even more enthusiasm for the game 2) Matrix would have hundreds of people reading the manual, and thereby receive input for spelling corrections, clarifying certain functions/passages, helping to organize the text, index entry suggestions, etc. [ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: Von Rom ]

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 16
- 2/18/2002 2:10:00 AM   
11Bravo

quote:

Originally posted by byron:

11Bravo? You're a grunt?

I played one on the weekends. I was in the National Guard for 6 years in the '80s with Infantry and Engineer units.

(in reply to 11Bravo)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Can we read the manual while we wait? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI