Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW 8.3 patch!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/17/2004 4:45:50 AM   
#Vassago

The 8.3 patch is available!!! FINALLY!!

Thanks to all those who worked on it!!
Post #: 1
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/17/2004 5:38:58 AM   
Goblin

Does it use True Update?!?

If not, why?!?

Goblin?!?

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 2
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/17/2004 6:36:25 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Where is it available? I couldn't find it in the downloads-section.

Kind regards,
Roland

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 3
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/17/2004 6:56:12 AM   
#Vassago

I just downloaded it. It's available for the General's Edition.

You guys are right...it's nowhere to be seen for the regular version....

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 4
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/17/2004 7:54:34 AM   
Paranormalix

I just downloaded the patch to regular version through the True Update and works fine. I think there is no difference between patch for GE of free download version, I just clicked the "retail" link on the SPWAW-line at the "Members"-area and installed the patch.

< Message edited by Paranormalix -- 10/17/2004 8:27:14 AM >

" One size fits all : .50 " "unknown"

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 5
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/17/2004 9:50:20 AM   
KG Erwin

Ok, I apologize, guys. The patch is indeed in the members section, which requires a separate account to be set up. Your forum name and password will not work in this area.

I'm gonna to find out if Matrix can make the patch more easily accessible. The last news I had heard was that it was going to be released either today (Sunday) or tomorrow. Looks like David sneaked it in and then didn't bother to let me (and us) know about it.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 10/17/2004 11:49:11 AM >

(in reply to Paranormalix)
Post #: 6
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/17/2004 9:44:53 PM   
Major Destruction

It is perfectly easy to download. I registered, logged in and downloaded the two files then installed them over v 8.2 flawlessly, .......all in less that 15 minutes.

If true update works for you then that's a bonus. I can't get it to work but the long way is not too difficult.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 12:12:36 AM   
KG Erwin

Major Destruction is right, once you get activated in the members area (I had to re-register, too, and my activation was nearly instantaneous), getting the patch is easy.

I really owe Paranormalix an apology--the man was on his toes, and got the scoop first. The nearest I can figure is that David was determined to get this available to us before he had to catch the flight to Germany for the Internationale Kriegspiel Expo. Time ran short, and he didn't get a chance to let me know. Otherwise, you guys would've had to wait for another five or six days.

Yes, we had a communications failure, but all is well in the end. You have the patch, and that's all that matters.

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 8
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 3:08:08 AM   
kingwanabee

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

The nearest I can figure is that David was determined to get this available to us before he had to catch the flight to Germany for the Internationale Kriegspiel Expo. Time ran short, and he didn't get a chance to let me know. Otherwise, you guys would've had to wait for another five or six days.

Crap! Does that mean another week before we get the WITP 1.3 patch? Or does David not control that one? It seemed like it was very close to release.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 10/17/2004 8:29:04 PM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 9
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 3:28:40 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingwanabee

quote:

The nearest I can figure is that David was determined to get this available to us before he had to catch the flight to Germany for the Internationale Kriegspiel Expo. Time ran short, and he didn't get a chance to let me know. Otherwise, you guys would've had to wait for another five or six days.

Crap! Does that mean another week before we get the WITP 1.3 patch? Or does David not control that one? It seemed like it was very close to release.

Kingwanabee, I can't address this issue. Your best bet is to post your concerns in the WITP forum area. I'm sorry, but I can't help you on this.

(in reply to kingwanabee)
Post #: 10
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 7:29:57 AM   
chief

What the hill of beans is going on...I've been signed in on the forums and membership and when I go to "Members" I can't get on....bad password....I've had three different passwords, for membership, that I've tried with no luck....I utilized the "forgot password" check box and got a message that I would recieve a Email with correct password.....but I guess that'll take as long as getting this patch. BAH HUMBUG

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 11
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 3:08:22 PM   
rrockw

I was able to login to the Member's area but when I tried to download either file I received a page not found error message... Am I the only one having this issue?

Rich

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 12
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 3:38:51 PM   
Alby

Guys I thik when you use the true update feature
you have to register again
with different name.
It asks me for my email address as a log in name.

(in reply to rrockw)
Post #: 13
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 6:49:16 PM   
Paranormalix

quote:

I really owe Paranormalix an apology--the man was on his toes, and got the scoop first.

You are forgiven.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 14
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 9:47:53 PM   
Rick Borovec

Found it no problem. But, why are there two patches? One was a zip file, the other not. Are they both neccessary or same info different format? Download the zip file and installed, seemed to have updated to 8.3 but other than the version number at the bottem of the page really haven't looked for other changes.

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 15
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/18/2004 9:55:13 PM   
Paranormalix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick Borovec

Found it no problem. But, why are there two patches? One was a zip file, the other not. Are they both neccessary or same info different format? Download the zip file and installed, seemed to have updated to 8.3 but other than the version number at the bottem of the page really haven't looked for other changes.

Same file in both I assume. Zip-file is just the exe-file zipped.

(in reply to Rick Borovec)
Post #: 16
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/19/2004 12:22:19 AM   
Maciste

I've installed it and it causes a strange problem. I began to play and, after a few moves, the games crashes and closes itself. :P ¿How can I fix it? Not to soy that it didn't happened with the 8.20

Post #: 17
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/19/2004 12:30:12 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paranormalix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick Borovec

Same file in both I assume. Zip-file is just the exe-file zipped.

That's right, guys. The two files are exactly the same--the .exe is just for the convenience of those who may not have Win Zip or a similar program.

Post #: 18
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/19/2004 6:02:01 AM   
Major Destruction

KG, I think you are in error there.
The zip file contains the SND, ENC OOB and PIC updates and the mech.exe file contains only the mech.exe

That, way if you want to only upgrade your OOB's and the goodies you can do so and use the v8.2 or any other mech.exe. This is a good thing for players who want to play their pbems to conclusion without generating a 'cheat' warning.

And if you also want the mech 8.3 you can do that seperately.

I extracted the zip to a temp folder to see what it contained. No mech.exe.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 19
RE: SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! - 10/19/2004 6:36:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Hang on, Major Destruction. The two files ARE the same. The one labeled exe is the 8.3 patch installer--the other one is the patch installer in a zip file--that's the only difference. Neither one contains a new mech .exe, as the 8.2 mech.exe that you get with the complete 8.2 game was the last mech.exe update. There won't be another one.

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW 8.3 patch!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI