Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an easy location.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an easy location. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an easy... - 10/17/2004 4:07:24 PM   
Hexed Gamer

The guys weren't pulling your leg KG, I just downloaded the file.

When they said "members" they meant the other membership ie the one you must sign up to to get access to patches.

It will likely become available in the other ordinary locations soon enough (that is me assuming nothing else).

If you are a member (the other sort not just a forum member) you can get the file from the Steel Panthers Generals Edition by clicking on the link called "retail" (that is only apparent when you are actually logged in), so guys, if you want this, you will have to sign on as a member for this section (I knew there was a reason I signed up before I actually needed a patch option for any non digital downloads hehe.

Here is a link (assuming I can manage this link correctly).

edit, no the link wouldn't work so I removed it.

If that doesn't work, click on the Members option that is at top of all pages (the one to the right of the downloads button). It takes you there as well.

< Message edited by Hexed Gamer -- 10/17/2004 2:08:35 PM >

There is only one Hexed Gamer
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Les_s_Place
Post #: 1
RE: It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an ... - 10/17/2004 4:12:47 PM   
Hexed Gamer

Oh and for those interested.

It's a 3.79 meg zip file, that unzips to a 3.90 meg self executing file.

That's all I know at the moment.

I will be passing this news off as it progresses for me.

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 2
RE: It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an ... - 10/17/2004 4:28:01 PM   
Paranormalix

I was trying to edit my message second time to get it more accurate, but KG was faster and locked the topic.

Just log in to the Members-area at top of the site and there U are... Assuming You have created an account.

< Message edited by Paranormalix -- 10/17/2004 4:30:15 PM >

" One size fits all : .50 " "unknown"

Post #: 3
RE: It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an ... - 10/17/2004 4:37:52 PM   
Hexed Gamer

This just in, installs fine to a standard 8.2 install (I know this as I just finished doing it).

Those wondering about TrueUpdate, there is already a link on your standard 8.2 install that takes you to the members area where you can begin the sign in process.
There was no alteration of my Start Menu options though (maybe Trueupdate is not needed or maybe it is something thta will be set up later, I can't tell you, I don't know).

At any rate, here is the quote describing the file.

The new 8.3 Update contains extensive fixes and enhancements to the Steel Panthers: World At War orders of battle. Changes include improvements for Copmuter AI Unit picks, scenario changes, some updated graphics and sound files and fixes and improvements for virtually every major as well as some minor nations. A more detailed list of changes, based on extensive interaction and feedback from the Steel Panthers: World At War community, is included in the update.

This is an incremental update requires v8.2 to be installed first. This update is for both the free version of Steel Panthers: World At War as well as the Steel Panthers: General’s Edition compilation.

unquote.

Only thing stopping you from getting the file now is YOU.

First observations
Missing scenarios seemed to be there now (I didn't look to long).
8.3 registers on bottom of game screen when loaded.

(in reply to Paranormalix)
Post #: 4
RE: It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an ... - 10/17/2004 4:48:18 PM   
Szarik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexed Gamer

Only thing stopping you from getting the file now is YOU.

I have got H2H FR installed over SPWAW 8.2

How should I install 8.3 update ?

I have got few games at progress and I would like to avoid any security warnings.

Any suggestions before I corrupt something ?

Cheers

Szarik

Post #: 5
RE: It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an ... - 10/17/2004 4:55:19 PM   
Hexed Gamer

Outside my personal experience Szarik, I am not a long time user of the H2H file actually.

My guess, is to leave the current 8.2 install you have with ongoing games alone, and just settle for installing a fresh 8.2 install elsewhere on the system if you want to check out the 8.3 patch's effect on an install of H2H on an 8.2 install.

That way should (I say that cautiously) allow you to maintain your current install.

But again, that is me saying so, coming from a person not fully used to using H2H.

(in reply to Szarik)
Post #: 6
RE: It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an ... - 10/17/2004 5:00:12 PM   
Orzel Bialy

Man, sure am glad they made that formal announcement that the patch was available.

Thanks to whoever it was that spotted the patch sitting there.

Post #: 7
RE: It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an ... - 10/17/2004 5:08:36 PM   
Hexed Gamer

I would wager someone (wasn't me at least), noticed it was there (the internet never sleeps), and managed to get the file before any decent announcement was possible (it did obviously happen over saturday night sunday morning after all).

Given a choice, I would have uploaded the file and then announced it rather than announce it then upload the file.

Maybe we are all just faster than the announcement.

I am willing to wait till this afternoon to see if any official comment is established.

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 8
RE: It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an ... - 10/17/2004 6:52:54 PM   
KG Erwin

Well, I'm happy it's here, but I was only told that it COULD be Sunday or Monday.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> It was genuine KG 8.3 IS here, but it is not in an easy location. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI