Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dicatorship

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dicatorship Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dicatorship - 10/17/2004 6:46:46 PM   
#Vassago

Moderators here seen to beleive they hold the truth!!!

If you people who own the GENERAL'S Edition and MODERATORS go to the MEMBERS AREA, you will find the freak'n patch for SPWAW General's Edition!!!!!!

the patch was released for the General's Edition on October 16 at around the time I posted my original post.

If that's how this community has turn up...then you people can consider me gone. I'll be with the French forum, at least they don't lockup threads because they just can't find something that's actually there.

Vassago
Post #: 1
RE: Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dica... - 10/17/2004 7:21:48 PM   
Gloo

quote:

ORIGINAL: #Vassago

If that's how this community has turn up...then you people can consider me gone. I'll be with the French forum, at least they don't lockup threads because they just can't find something that's actually there

Hmmm, well, you may be right (I must confess I haven't read your previous threads) BUT before signing in with the french forum (I guess you're talking about the Yahoo Groups?), consider this: if you dare to tell them what you think -even with courtesy- about the way the forum goes (people there spend most of their time talking about off topic subjects like gastronomic holidays or printing problems :o/ ) you'll be kicked out quickly without any possibility to justify your thoughts! And when I say "kicked out" I mean that your access to the forum will be denied for good, with no possibilities to join back in! If you think the Matrix forums are african dictatorships, then the french Yahoo group could be the Wolfschantz... !

{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 2
RE: Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dica... - 10/17/2004 8:06:39 PM   
Paranormalix

quote:

If you people who own the GENERAL'S Edition and MODERATORS go to the MEMBERS AREA, you will find the freak'n patch for SPWAW General's Edition!!!!!!

the patch was released for the General's Edition on October 16 at around the time I posted my original post.

Vassago

Same patch for both versions: free and GE.

" One size fits all : .50 " "unknown"

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 3
RE: Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dica... - 10/17/2004 9:30:17 PM   
Hexed Gamer

Democratic?

Hmm, interesting notion.

No, I have always known, that this wasn't my forum.

That said, I have always been fully aware I was a "guest".

Now I might have been a guest here for a lot longer than a great many other members, but I have never been more important than any other guest, including anyone just getting here today.

And none of us has any sort of "democratic rights" per se that I know of.

The only thing a forum requires to retain the interest of its members, is the ability of the forum to provide something of use.

Beyond that though, that's about the limit of it.

It's private property. Ain't no democracy here at all.

Now on the subject of the latest patch, which will require someone to provide bandwidth, which I am aware costs money, best I can suggest, is everyone accept it as it is, a gift.
No one is being forced to get it of course.
And if anyone doesn't think it is any good, that of course is their right to claim :)

Thanks for the patch and the efforts that went into it guys :)
Your work has been appreciated by me.

< Message edited by Hexed Gamer -- 10/17/2004 7:31:13 PM >

There is only one Hexed Gamer
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Les_s_Place

(in reply to Paranormalix)
Post #: 4
RE: Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dica... - 10/17/2004 9:38:37 PM   
Major Destruction

quote:

The patch in the "members" section is in two parts. One in the exe file for version 8.3 and the other contains a zip archive for the various OOB, graphics and sound files.

These updates apply not only to the General's Edition but to the free download version 8.2.

What's your GD problem?

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 5
RE: Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dica... - 10/18/2004 12:19:50 AM   
KG Erwin

Major Destruction, I explained what happened in another thread. We had a communications glitch, and I locked the news-breaking thread before I had a chance to find out the truth of the matter. It is no fault of either Paranormalix or Vassago, but I believe I did the right thing until I could verify it.

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 6
RE: Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dica... - 10/18/2004 1:09:41 AM   
m10bob

quote:

Moderators here seen to beleive they hold the truth!!!

If that's how this community has turn up...then you people can consider me gone. I'll be with the French forum, at least they don't lockup threads because they just can't find something that's actually there.

Vassago.............................Hmmmm...."You People".....

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 7
RE: Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dica... - 10/18/2004 1:18:45 AM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Major Destruction, I explained what happened in another thread. We had a communications glitch, and I locked the news-breaking thread before I had a chance to find out the truth of the matter. It is no fault of either Paranormalix or Vassago, but I believe I did the right thing until I could verify it.

I think you did also.

Goblin

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 8
RE: Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dica... - 10/18/2004 6:44:22 PM   
Paranormalix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I think you did also.

Goblin

Agreed.

" One size fits all : .50 " "unknown"

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ok...this forum is as democratic as an African Dicatorship Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI