Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Music?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Music? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Music? - 2/25/2002 1:31:00 PM   
CSTGator

Will there be any kind of music shipped with this game? I remember when I used to play PTO and PTO2, I thought those games had excellent music. It was very well done and it just sounded like the Pacific War. Very nicely done. Does anyone have any midis from those tracks?

Post #: 1
- 2/25/2002 6:17:00 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Be kinda cool if the had something like "Wolfpack Radio" on the Wolfpack League site. Actually, you can use it while working on your box. Has historical speeches and commercials...possibly old radio shows too. I used to listen to Richard Rodgers' "Victory in the Pacific" while playing PacWar. [ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: SGT_Saueracker ]

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 2
- 2/25/2002 8:20:00 PM   
Zakhal()

Absolutely the best wargame music ive heard was in Pacific General. It was a kind of radio that played music, newsflashes and commercials of that time from both sides (Japs and US). Superb. I just loved it.

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 3
- 2/25/2002 8:43:00 PM   
Snigbert

There is music, I'm not sure if it is going to change before the final cut. I would describe the music as mood music to suit the theme of the game, but not period music like Pacific General (which I also liked).

"Money doesnt talk, it swears. Obscenities, who really cares?" -Bob Dylan

"Habit is the balast that chains a dog to it's vomit." -Samuel Becket

"He has weapons of mass destruction- the world's deadliest weapons- which pose a direct threat to the

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 4
- 2/25/2002 9:46:00 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Yeah, Pacific General soundtrack was good. Check out wolfpack radio at the Wolfpack League site. I'm listening to it now and it just had a Churchill speech in between big band tunes. Haven't heard any "pacific theatre" oriented stuff yet.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 5
- 2/26/2002 12:32:00 AM   
Lex Morton

Make it so we can put our own tunes in.Then we can share all manner of period music,speeches,W-T talk,static etc and share it with each other without Matrix and 2x3 having the headache of copyright BS etc etc.I will enlist some help in finding period music,songs etc if required. Lex Morton

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 6
- 2/26/2002 1:06:00 AM   
RevRick

Hey Sarge: Are you sure you don't mean "Victory at Sea?" I've been listening to that since I was a seaman recruit to Noah on the Ark. I would love to hear the game open to "Guadalcanal March!"

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 7
- 2/26/2002 7:39:00 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Yeah Rev, got the name wrong but that's the one. I've since lost it but it's out on CD now...saw it on the internet somewhere a few days back.

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 8
- 2/27/2002 11:10:00 AM   
RevRick

Guess that means I'm going to spend a while searching the net for that one - sure won't find that in the kiddie music stores specializing in Brittany and NSYNC - both of which my son hates.
He's still listening to my old Stones and Zep stuff - and some good stuff - Beethoven, etc. Got to find Victory at Sea though - I used to have vol. 2 as well. Any ideas where you saw it.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 9
- 2/27/2002 2:19:00 PM   
Ron Saueracker

The History Channel website. I was looking for the "Warship" series and bumped into it. Vol. 2? Cool!

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 10
- 3/16/2002 1:19:42 PM   
Paul Goodman

I really agree that Victory at Sea is the perfect music for the game. I my opinion, the greatest work by an American composer. Richard Rogers also used much of this music in the great musical South Pacific (or vice versa). I have it on CD, but I've never seen Vol. II on CD.

However, the long arm of ASCAP would certainly stop Matrix from using any of this music. The real question would be whether Matrix will utilize any form of protection requiring that the game CD be in the drive. If so, can one CD drive be utilized for music while the other contains the game?

Paul

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 11
- 3/17/2002 3:35:53 AM   
David Heath

We tried so hard to get the rights to use the Victory At Sea music and we could not. Maybe we could had an option to allow you to play a CD once the game been loaded.

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 12
- 3/17/2002 10:15:19 PM   
Paul Goodman

So what you are saying, Mr. Heath, is that the game CD would have to be in the default CD/DVD drive when the game is loaded, but then it might be possible to remove the game CD and load a music CD. That sounds great, but how would that work in conjunction with whatever operational/battle sounds are included with the game. One supposes a smart person could find a way to utilize the mixer included with all modern sound cards.... and Matrix has lots of smart people.

Paul

(in reply to CSTGator)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Music? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI