Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW 8.2 H2H FR hangs & blue screens :(

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW 8.2 H2H FR hangs & blue screens :( Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW 8.2 H2H FR hangs & blue screens :( - 10/20/2004 8:11:26 AM   
Szarik

Hi,

I have got serious problem with game. My PC has powerful hardware configuration and never hangs and blue screens (WinXP SP2). But wnen I want to play SPWAW it hangs after few minutes of playing or even close to blue screen. I use it at work with other programmes which run with any problems. Sometimes must to run my mouse cursor over all screen surface to refresh it. At this moment i cant reinstall opperating system but want to repair my lovely game.

Thanx for any hints!

Regards

Szarik
Post #: 1
RE: SPWAW 8.2 H2H FR hangs & blue screens :( - 10/20/2004 2:04:44 PM   
#Vassago

What you are describing is video drivers problem, try installing the latst version of the drivers.

Also make sure you have DirectX 9.0b installed.

You have a GeforceFX, like the 5400 or 5600, something right? If so, a real graphic card can be found for 100$ US these days, these are just full of problems to a point Nvidia is not supporting then anymore.

(in reply to Szarik)
Post #: 2
RE: SPWAW 8.2 H2H FR hangs & blue screens :( - 10/20/2004 2:21:48 PM   
Szarik

quote:

ORIGINAL: #Vassago

What you are describing is video drivers problem, try installing the latst version of the drivers.

Also make sure you have DirectX 9.0b installed.

You have a GeforceFX, like the 5400 or 5600, something right? If so, a real graphic card can be found for 100$ US these days, these are just full of problems to a point Nvidia is not supporting then anymore.

Wow ...you are clairvoyant! I'have got that kind of card.
Thanx for help. Now I know what to do.

Regards

Szarik

(in reply to #Vassago)
Post #: 3
RE: SPWAW 8.2 H2H FR hangs & blue screens :( - 10/20/2004 11:27:59 PM   
#Vassago

I must admit it was a little of a guess, but soo many people bought these crappy cards that it wasn't really a guess. Full of bugs I tell you...full of bugs...it`s not even funny, even recent drivers don't fix everything and leave major nasties that could be corrected only by revising the architecture of the card.

I'va debugged alot of computers and here's and advice for any one who wants listen:

You are better off buying a card with a full fledge chip 1 generation behind, than buying a stripped down chip of the current generation. Yes the older one will be a bit "slower" to process but it will have full multithreading capability and a decent cache. What you loose in processing speed you gain in stability and communication speed with the AGP bus.

So any one that has an FX card or any of that crap...do yourself a favor and find 100$ to change it to a real card.

(in reply to Szarik)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW 8.2 H2H FR hangs & blue screens :( Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI