Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Army” Contest!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Army” Contest! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Army” C... - 10/15/2004 7:59:32 AM   
Erik Rutins

Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Army” Contest!
One Month After Release, The Persians Will Have A New General!

Staten Island, NY, October 15th, 2004 - Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Koios Works (www.koiosworks.com) are happy to announce a contest to promote the release of the innovative new wargame, Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great™. One month after release, one lucky customer who orders a copy of Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great™ from the Matrix Games Online Store will be awarded fifteen units of the actual Persian Army miniatures that were used in the creation of the game.

Painted to museum-quality standards, these beautiful miniatures are suited for display and tabletop play. Order within the first month after release, ending at midnight on November 7th, and you could be the new General the Persians have been looking for!

Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great™ places you in the role of Alexander the Great during his conquest of the known world. Guide Alexander through his grand campaign from inheriting his father’s legacy at the battle of Thebes to his conquest of Darius III and the Persian Empire through his last great battle at the Hydaspes, in the heart of Asia against the Indian army of King Porus.

Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great™ uses an innovative multi-phase turn-based system. As you play, the campaign unfolds before you with cinematic cut-scenes and three dimensional panoramas of the battlefields. Each battle is based on the historical terrain and troop placements, but the campaign allows you to make decisions in between battles on which units to reinforce, whether to recruit new units or replace commanders and how many of your resources to focus on training.

To order, visit the Matrix Games Online Store at www.matrixgames.com. For more information, visit www.matrixgames.com and www.koiosworks.com.

ABOUT KOIOS WORKS

Koios Works is dedicated to producing top-notch entertainment software. Koios ("co-EE-uhs", named after the Titan of Wisdom and Invention) Works is founded on the concept of using technology to build innovative, entertaining solutions. Koios Works is an Innovation ("Καιυοτομια" - prononced Kainotomia) Workshop ("Εργαστηριο" - pronounced Ergastirio) for computer software applications. We are always looking for ways to utilize software to entertain, improve lives and create valuable business impacts. For more information, visit the Koios Works website at http://www.koiosworks.com.

ABOUT MATRIX GAMES

Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2002, Matrix Games has published several award-winning games, including Highway to the Reich, Starships Unlimited, Uncommon Valor and Korsun Pocket. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at http://www.matrixgames.com.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/15/2004 8:00:04 AM   
Erik Rutins

And here's the army in question...

Attachment (1)

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/15/2004 6:04:43 PM   
toddtreadway

That would go nicely beside my gaming computer. Maybe I should buy another copy as a present for someone to double my chances of winning it! Maybe a copy for my wife?

Fading in with harp music playing to a Christmas tree with presents all around.

[Todd] "Here you go honey, I figured instead of some perfume or other silliness, I'd get you something useful this year."

[Wife] "Ooh," (shaking present) "what is it?"

[Todd] "Open it and see!"

[Wife] Pulls out a copy of Tin Soldiers. Todd grins from ear to ear.

[Todd] "It's great, isn't it? And look here!" Todd pulls out his miniatures he won and holds them up proudly. "I won a contest and got these!Woohoo!"

Fading out with an image of Todd's new softball bat being used to pummel the miniatures into lead pulp...and snarling and gnashing of teeth...stuff like that.

Of course (and this is directed to those that haven't bought a copy of this terrific game) you could say your chances at winning the minis are infinitely better if you actually buy a copy!

< Message edited by toddtreadway -- 10/15/2004 10:12:53 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/15/2004 7:28:23 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

In case you are not aware, these are 15 hand painted units valued at over $500.00.

David

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 4
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/15/2004 9:09:07 PM   
toddtreadway

Oh, I'm aware.

For that reason I don't think anyone else should buy a copy of the game until after the contest is over.

Who did the painting on them. They look really nice.

Also, where are the Greeks? Can you show us a picture of them?

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 5
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/16/2004 12:08:06 AM   
A_Turtle

What scale are these fine models? From the bases it looks like 25-28mm.

Post #: 6
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/16/2004 12:46:09 AM   
Deride

The models are all 28mm from Wargames Foundary. The Persian army was profesionally painted by Jamie Ward of Swamp Rat Studios.

They really are beautiful.

Deride

(in reply to A_Turtle)
Post #: 7
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/16/2004 1:44:46 AM   
Belphegor

quote:

About page 3 in this forum is a thread showing all the armies... called Army pictures... but it is from a little farther away.

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 8
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/16/2004 4:02:52 PM   
Marathon

They do look good and I want them!

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 9
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/16/2004 4:49:00 PM   
Marc von Martial

I want them too. But sadly I work here .............

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 10
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/16/2004 7:06:28 PM   
Mr.Frag

Marc, you're Fired!

There ... get rehired the day after they ship

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 11
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/16/2004 7:45:28 PM   
Marathon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Belphegor

quote:

About page 3 in this forum is a thread showing all the armies... called Army pictures... but it is from a little farther away.

They are also shown on Koios' site.

(in reply to Belphegor)
Post #: 12
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/16/2004 11:04:10 PM   
DIEMAN

Will the chariot of king Darius be one of the prize pieces? I think it definitely should be.

"It adds up... you just don't like what it adds up to."

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 13
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/17/2004 9:21:31 PM   
Cage

It was quite odd to recognise figures I own whilst playing the battle. Cheers for the generosity of the competition

(in reply to DIEMAN)
Post #: 14
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 10/21/2004 10:22:35 PM   
Acacius

Here are some smaller shots off of our website of the armies.

http://www.koiosworks.com/

< Message edited by Acacius -- 10/21/2004 8:30:22 PM >

(in reply to Cage)
Post #: 15
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 11/10/2004 11:50:02 PM   
A_Turtle

Inquiring minds want to know, who was the lucky bloke that will be graced with the fine Persian army?

Post #: 16
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 11/11/2004 3:50:09 PM   
Marathon

I was not me.

Post #: 17
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 11/11/2004 4:46:16 PM   
koiosworks

you can still hold out hope. the winner has not been announced yet.

we will post as soon as we find out who won.

thanks

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 18
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 11/17/2004 5:26:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hello everyone,

Do not despair, the winner has not yet been announced. All customers who bought the game by midnight, November 7th are eligible. We've been consolidating data and will make the random winner selection this week and post it by the end of the week according to the plan we've discussed.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to koiosworks)
Post #: 19
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 11/20/2004 6:08:38 AM   
Catgh_MatrixForum

Only one more day until "End of the Week"

Post #: 20
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 11/21/2004 9:34:41 PM   
Clipper1968

I want to know who is the winner???
Please don't let us wait one more minute otherwise I will make myself Hara-Kiri...
Any chance for a Froggle...

"s'instruire pour vaincre"

(in reply to Catgh_MatrixForum)
Post #: 21
RE: Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Arm... - 11/23/2004 5:07:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

We are trying to contact the winner - if we don't hear back from the winner in a reasonable amount of time, we will try to contact the backup. As soon as we have confirmed a winner, we will post an announcement here.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Clipper1968)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander The Great “Win Your Own Army” Contest! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI