Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT- Pacific Fighters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: OT- Pacific Fighters Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/25/2004 9:49:34 PM   
Hard Sarge

Dang Ram, you get burned on there forum ? LOL, I been there for a while, long while and I have been known to complain about what I think is wrong, I havn't been shot down in flames yet

but as you say, you don't like it, so don't buy it, I hope you are liking WITP

that said, just been flying the game (playing ?) I must say, I like it better (so far) then FB or ACE, they got some good ideas added into the game

I was able to out turn and out move some Hellcats and F4u's in my early Tony, bailed out twice !, 40 to 6 odds are not to swift, even vs the AI

and the F4u was a dream, even if I was a little heavy handed and stalled the beast out, right at the wrong time (so made the fight much HARDer then it should of been)

still think, if you like sims, or if you like IL-2 style sims, this is a very good add on/stand alone game, if you don't, well, why you reading the post :)

later gaters

HARD_Sarge

UB, I'll try and get a fresh save out to you, hopefully in the morning

(in reply to RAM)
Post #: 31
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/25/2004 11:05:54 PM   
BarkhornXX

quote:

See, man, do I need to fly a Fw190A or D or a La5FN to know how to read original WW2 performance charts, flight manuals and personal quotes about both?. No, isn't it?

You have charts and you know how to read 'em - Oh please. So...your charts say one thing and Oleg's say another (and he is an engineer and you are what? - an "Aces High Lover" - and he - waaa, waaa, waaa - won't share his sources with you so case closed.

I can't tell you how many nauseating threads I've read on the UBI forums - courtesy of self appointed Luftwhining experts - that PROVE how porked the FB FM's are. You CLAIM that the "Fw190D9 with low-pressure MW50 injection perform BETTER than a latter Fw190D9 with HIGH pressure MW50 injection" in the game. What kind of proof do you have - really??

quote:

in the meantime you can jerk around with your stupid observations about FM "masturbations" somewhere else.

OK, dude no problem. And in the meatime you should stick to commenting on Acesh High as that is - obviously - your first love.

For the more rantional-minded I do hightly recommend PF.

Barkhorn.

(in reply to RAM)
Post #: 32
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/25/2004 11:06:14 PM   
butch2k

RAM,
You have absolutly no idea what sources where used in designing this sim, and not just Russian sources where used since a bunch of the documents used to model for instance German and Japanese aircraft are coming from my archives. For instance i would suggest before you critize the 190A-4 modelling that you get a copy of the Rechlin evaluation of a factory fresh 190A-4. IIRC i got my copy from the Deutsche Museum, and you should be able to do the same. If sure you'll be entertained by the the praises from Rechlin test pilots and engineers which found the aircraft so good that they recommanded that it was not delivered to units with such a large amount of defect and performances some 40 km/h behind data provided by K. Tank.
That some aircraft a modelled approximately this is true, since the sheer amount of data needed for modelling them correctly is unbelievable and most of the time not available.

Having worked of the original Il-2, FB, AEP and now PF and after spending thousands of dollars in the process of collecting data, i'm pretty pleased of the results so far. Sure there are still stuff to tweak, and be sure it'll when we got the data. For instance the US dive and torpedo bombers FM will probably get an overhaul when i get the necessary data from the US Navy Historical center.
The process is incremental, simply because it's really impossible to collect all the stuff at once due to the amount of research required and the number of contacts needed.

Cheers,
Olivier

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 33
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/25/2004 11:11:15 PM   
RAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

Dang Ram, you get burned on there forum ? LOL, I been there for a while, long while and I have been known to complain about what I think is wrong, I havn't been shot down in flames yet

no, not me. I've rarely posted in UBI forums, but I read them quite a lot.

Since the first day I went there I have seen lots of "flack" directed against others who did complain, saw the treatment they received, and decided not to say too much. If there's something I've learned from --certain-- online communities and --certain-- developers is that arguing in their forums is mostly worthless.

on those -certain- cases (thankfully matrix is not one of them) Devs don't care a $hit about what very knowledgeable people say, and most of the forum participants are product lovers anyway who will give you quite a treatment if you dare to suggest the product is wrong in any way. I saw it there from the very first time I logged in, and chose to say little. I have better things to do with my time than invest it in such an unfriendly environment for critics (even constructive ones ,as I usually am).

quote:

but as you say, you don't like it, so don't buy it, I hope you are liking WITP

Enjoying it a lot...and the community too. Very friendly forums, nice developers with open ears to suggestions, and a group of nice people who don't bash you for not liking this or that feature of the game...

For the money I put into it...gets the award for the Best Investment I Ever Did :).

RAM

"Look at me! look at me!!!

Not like that! NOT LIKE THAT!!!"

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 34
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/25/2004 11:28:37 PM   
RAM

I don't answer to garbage so I will answer to the only part of your message that makes any "decent" sense.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BarkhornXX

OK, dude no problem. And in the meatime you should stick to commenting on Acesh High as that is - obviously - your first love.

I got burned out of AH. I played it too much ,and there was a time when it was fun no more. I quitted it because of it. I have good memories from it. Some bad too (as in any online thing you get some bad things with some people now and then), but in all very positive.

That was some two years and a half ago. Have tried new versions with H2H free-mode to fly now and then to test new planes, FM adjustements, and some few months ago the brand new 2.0 version (which I loved). Still have to go back for good, prolly someday I'll do it.

For being "my first love", it's been a damned lot since I last started it ;). Nothing out of the rational there. in my opinion AH is a way more realistic WW2 product than Maddox games' products. However I respect your opinion and preferences, and your right to talk about them freely.

So sad you don't know the meaning of the word "respect", nor you do respect my opinions, nor my right to talk about them. You very well portray the essence of the UBI forum community...so I don't need to say anything else to answer your words.

Butch2k:

of PF I won't say a thing. Of FB I can say little (don't own it, flew it only for a limited time on an online meeting). However you might tell me something about the Fw190D9 thing?...

Il-2 was probably the best game realism and performance-wise. All the german planes (Xcept the 190A4) performed more or less like I thought of them. However the Fw190 FM was wrong (something Maddox implicitly admitted, for as far as I know, he changed it in FB) in energy keeping modelling, and the cockpit view issues with teh 190 will never go.

The main problems of Il-2 don't come from the German side, but for the grossly overestimated soviet side. La5FNs running at 585-590km/h on the deck, LaGG3s overperforming Bf109F4s, soviet engines heating much later than german's, German planes' one-hit-pilot-kills, etc...

That was what destroyed the fun for me. The version of FB I flew was a blow: It was even worse in some aspects, the awful metal bar on the 190 cockpit was still there, and the soviet planes still were outflying everything. I've been told that later versions improved things quite a bit. But when even a beta tester of FB tells you that Oleg's doing whatever he sees fit to improve the sim's gameplay over realism you lose all the little faith you could hold on him. And on FB I had little to start with, after seeing how the Il-2 patches were worsening the situation, not improving it.

BTW I know you from other boards which I read a lot (LEMB mostly, after you closed your owns) and I have your opinion on the highest steem because I know you're extremely well documented.

If you assure the Fw190A4 is correctly modelled, then I have nothing to say against it...I know a lot about WW2 fighter planes but you do know way more than me ,so... :)

RAM

(in reply to BarkhornXX)
Post #: 35
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/25/2004 11:44:24 PM   
butch2k

RAM frankly i suggest you give it one more try once the next FB patch is available.
I'm currently working hard on the dispersion modelling of all weapons in-game which would change a few things...

The real problem is the amount of data which are available to us both sides of the fence, frankly i'm sure we have more data on the German aircraft than we have on the Russian ones. I may for instance produce documents showing hte 109 vs 190 rudder stick force evolution with speed. That's the kind of stuff i'm not sure Oleg has for Russian aircraft.
THere are many things which are unbalancing the game one way or the other, like the missing failure/jamming of weapons firing long burst or the way damages are calculated. And most of all the variation in performances from a/c to a/c of a same type and their evolution with time. Aircraft in game are modelled after factory fresh or nearly so samples, they are not the battle hardened a/c that have been fighting under adverse conditions for a few weeks. Or that have been built by unskilled workers...
For instance the LaGG-3 produced before the war or early into it where about correctly built but those produced afterwards showed some serious defects untils a skilled workforce coumd be built anew. Same goes for the Germans, the late war a/c and engines where not very good due to shortage of both skilled workforce and supply problems. When parts have to be built dozens of kilometers apart from sub-assemblies you can be sure that there will be quality control problems and defects.
Those aspects are not modelled, should they have been ? That's a question i frankly can't answer as while i feel it should have there would have been maybe even more people complaining about bias.
I would not like to be in Oleg's pants since he got flak from both side, "be sure" that russians have also some comments to make on German a/c modelling...
You can't unfortunately satisfy everyone.

just my .02$
But really you should try it again soon ... ;)

(in reply to RAM)
Post #: 36
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 12:34:14 AM   
crsutton

I have IL2 and FB and really don't see what the problem is. I never fly on line but enjoy the game. Really at a loss to think of a better flight sim. Perhaps some Russian bias but I have followed the forum for three years and when you sort out all the whinning, you come to the conclusion that there is really not much bias. Some planes need and get tweeked but the developer is tweaking flight models all the time with man patches and free add on planes coming all the time.

You go into the forum and ask what is the most uber plane and you will get 20 different opinions about 20 different planes. Check it out yourself.

Bias aside, it is the first sim out there that was not loaded with American planes. There is something like 200 flyable aircraft. The best being ones that you will never get a chance to fly in any other sim. I love it. IAR 81, Glouster Gladiator, Brewster Buffalo, Beaufighter, Sturmoviks, yaks, LAGGs, ME110, I15, betty, fiats, p39s, p40s, plus the standard American-luftwhiner crap Many more planes to come, JU88, liberator, B17. It just keeps getting better. Beatiful graphics, more planes than I have time to fly, cool maps, very good support and a tight community. I am sorry, I just don't get it. Whats not to like.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to RAM)
Post #: 37
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 2:57:05 AM   
testarossa

It can go on and on endlessly, but i am killing 2-3 FW190 per mission on my P-40M without any problem (as RAM mentioned boom & zoom doesn't work for FW190 although AI trys to do it all the time, he-he).

Waiting for PF though till they fix it up.

< Message edited by testarossa -- 10/25/2004 4:57:32 PM >

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 38
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 11:39:08 AM   
Milman

quote:

The main problems of Il-2 don't come from the German side, but for the grossly overestimated soviet side. La5FNs running at 585-590km/h on the deck, LaGG3s overperforming Bf109F4s, soviet engines heating much later than german's, German planes' one-hit-pilot-kills, etc...

How do you know this ? Are you sure that your info is corect ? You think that your facts are 100% correct and who say other things he is wrong . If you like history facts you must read many sources to have most accurate facts .

(in reply to testarossa)
Post #: 39
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 3:56:31 PM   
RAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Milman

quote:

How do you know this ?

tested it in the game.

quote:

Are you sure that your info is corect ?

yes

quote:

You think that your facts are 100% correct and who say other things he is wrong .

noone has ever defended that original La5FNs could approach those speeds, LaGG3s overperform Bf109F4s and soviet massed-construction engines overheat much later than german's (in fact soviet engines used to have an "emergency" setting of...1 minute)

quote:

If you like history facts you must read many sources to have most accurate facts .

something I'm regularly doing since I was 8 (and now I'm 26). And when someone who I know is better documented than me corrects my point of view, I change it without a problem (see my answer above to Butck2K).

Butch2k:

Hard to give FB a try, as I don't own it. As I said I flew it intensively in a 4-day long online flight sims meeting. After seeing what and how it was, I decided never to purchase it.

if I ever get to go to another online meeting where FB is played up to the latest patch and I see an acceptable change ,I might change my mind and buy it. But for now, I won't do it. But I'm really wishing that what you said is true, really :).

RAM

(in reply to Milman)
Post #: 40
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 6:12:52 PM   
Speedysteve

Well i'm still trying to get to grips with this.

I haven't played many flight sims and it's showing

First test mission = me flying in F4U. Have B29 bomber as friendly. I struggled to even keep the thing in my sights and found it hard to not end up zooming past it! I don't own a joystick at present but I feel it may improve my handling rather than just using the keyboard. At least I hope it does else i'm just plain rubbish at these games

Great game so far though. Just hope I can fully get into it.

Regards,

Steven

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 41
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 6:25:20 PM   
Nikademus

Can one safely assume that FB is at least better than CFS2?

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 42
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 6:38:19 PM   
Brady

Hi RAM, Bud I Love AH, and have maintiained my acount their for years though I have not played it for a long time do to the fact that it is totaly stale to me now, waiting for new planes...But AH is not realy all that great a sim, it is fraught with unhistorical aspects particulary the gunery efects model wich is totaly Allied Biased in its efect. In general when comparing the two games Madox's product is far more accurate on the whole across the whole spectrum, AH is a game Il-2 and it's off spring are a Sim.

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 43
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 7:05:54 PM   
TSCofield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

First test mission = me flying in F4U. Have B29 bomber as friendly. I struggled to even keep the thing in my sights and found it hard to not end up zooming past it! I don't own a joystick at present but I feel it may improve my handling rather than just using the keyboard. At least I hope it does else i'm just plain rubbish at these games

Regards,

Steven

I commend you for even getting the plane in the air without a joystick.

I will be honest here. I don't know of one developer that has tried to do more for the community that Oleg Maddox.

Here is a little history of the first game. IL2 Sturmovik was initially supposed to be released with one type of plane as flyable; the IL2 Sturmovik. Due to pressures of fans and sponsors he added planes. The initial planeset shipped with literally only the Bf 109 series flyable. He had no intention initially of doing a survey sim, which this has become.

Still, he heard a lot of wishes from folks, please include xxxxx plane or yyyy plane's performance is off. He added the Fw 190A5, then the Stuka, and later a whole bunch of axis iron in Forgotten Battles. During this time he constantly tweaked the flight models to suit the complaints of people in the community. At times I think he responded too much to some complaints. I can count at least four flight model changes done the FW 190 alone. If you think that I am some Soviet plane fanboy I am not. I fly Axis almost exclusively in IL2FB.

He released AEP to address the cries of people who wanted the P-51 and the P-38 as well as some Japanese planes. The current IL2FB, AEP, and PF has almost 140 aircraft flyable. So for about 70 bucks (I've seen the Gold of IL2FB for 29.00 and PF is going to run about 39.00) you get a massive amount of aircraft.

Is there soviet bias? Maybe some. He lives in Russia, has access to a lot of formerly classified documents and made his initial aircraft models based upon those. When someone has shown him definitively that another aircraft's flight model should be this or that he has gone out of his way to fix it. I don't know of anyone who has patched these games the number of times 1C has. CFS3 had what, one patch? Most of the time you are lucky to get one, maybe two out of a developer. 1C added at least three major upgrades to IL2, two to Forgotten Battles, one or to to AEP and another one is already in final stages for Pacific Fighters. These aren't just bug fixes but new maps, new aircraft, new flyables and new missions. When people said they wanted a dynamic campaign, he gave it to them. When people said they wanted US and Brit aircraft, he gave it to them. When they said they wanted carriers and pacific war, he (among others) gave it to them.

I don't normally go to the wall for a developer, I have had my dealings with them myself but Oleg Maddox has been among the most honest and trustworthy men I have had the good fortune to meet. You may not like his 'Pro Soviet' bias but to be honest, I never encountered a Soviet plane in the game that I didn't have a counter move for with a German one. The 109 is light and climbs well but is outturned by most Soviet planes after the La5 and Yak3. Sorry, that is not me talking, that is German data as well.

Enough ranting on my part.

Thomas S. Cofield
Feature Editor, SimHQ.com
t.co0field@comcast.net (stopped the SimHq mail since I get nothing but spam)

Post #: 44
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 7:19:12 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SimHq Tom Cofield

quote:

Regards,

Steven

I will be honest here. I don't know of one developer that has tried to do more for the community that Oleg Maddox.

Here is a little history of the first game. IL2 Sturmovik was initially supposed to be released with one type of plane as flyable; the IL2 Sturmovik. Due to pressures of fans and sponsors he added planes. The initial planeset shipped with literally only the Bf 109 series flyable. He had no intention initially of doing a survey sim, which this has become.

Still, he heard a lot of wishes from folks, please include xxxxx plane or yyyy plane's performance is off. He added the Fw 190A5, then the Stuka, and later a whole bunch of axis iron in Forgotten Battles. During this time he constantly tweaked the flight models to suit the complaints of people in the community. At times I think he responded too much to some complaints. I can count at least four flight model changes done the FW 190 alone. If you think that I am some Soviet plane fanboy I am not. I fly Axis almost exclusively in IL2FB.

He released AEP to address the cries of people who wanted the P-51 and the P-38 as well as some Japanese planes. The current IL2FB, AEP, and PF has almost 140 aircraft flyable. So for about 70 bucks (I've seen the Gold of IL2FB for 29.00 and PF is going to run about 39.00) you get a massive amount of aircraft.

Is there soviet bias? Maybe some. He lives in Russia, has access to a lot of formerly classified documents and made his initial aircraft models based upon those. When someone has shown him definitively that another aircraft's flight model should be this or that he has gone out of his way to fix it. I don't know of anyone who has patched these games the number of times 1C has. CFS3 had what, one patch? Most of the time you are lucky to get one, maybe two out of a developer. 1C added at least three major upgrades to IL2, two to Forgotten Battles, one or to to AEP and another one is already in final stages for Pacific Fighters. These aren't just bug fixes but new maps, new aircraft, new flyables and new missions. When people said they wanted a dynamic campaign, he gave it to them. When people said they wanted US and Brit aircraft, he gave it to them. When they said they wanted carriers and pacific war, he (among others) gave it to them.

I don't normally go to the wall for a developer, I have had my dealings with them myself but Oleg Maddox has been among the most honest and trustworthy men I have had the good fortune to meet. You may not like his 'Pro Soviet' bias but to be honest, I never encountered a Soviet plane in the game that I didn't have a counter move for with a German one. The 109 is light and climbs well but is outturned by most Soviet planes after the La5 and Yak3. Sorry, that is not me talking, that is German data as well.

Enough ranting on my part.

I would like to echo this. I got involved with IL2 a few years back and didnt really enjoy it...just not my theatre. About 8 months ago I decided it was time for a new prop sim and grabbed IL2 and its upgrades and was blown away. Not by the sim, which is amazing enough, but by the amount of support the developer gives to the sim. The latest "patch" (I just dont think of them as patches, more like free add ons) added flyable aircraft and maps. Not another nickel did you have to pay for the download. The skelton of PF is on the streets now. Yes, its missing art and planes that the Maddox wanted in it. I guarantee sometime in the next few weeks they will all be available for download...the cost...not a nickel. I cannot tell you how many times software companies have abandoned their product one it hits the shelves...not this guy. If you even think you might enjoy buzzing the pacific a bit, you owe it to yourself to pick up this title.

(in reply to TSCofield)
Post #: 45
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 7:26:56 PM   
Speedysteve

quote:

quote:

Regards,

Steven

It was fun

Even better when the plane was in the air......press.......left key......stop it's turning too much....press right key....sttttttoooooooppppp.......ok small adjustment.......yes B29 in my sights!....closing in....fire!......no no stupod B29 stay where you are don't turn......press left key......turn.......too much too much.......press right key......yes back on course......woohoo closing.........oh no going to quick.....pull up pull up.....nooooooooo.......crash!

(in reply to TSCofield)
Post #: 46
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 7:28:52 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Big O fan as well. Great guy, great sim, great approach.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 47
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/26/2004 8:08:33 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

Even better when the plane was in the air......press.......left key......stop it's turning too much....press right key....sttttttoooooooppppp.......ok small adjustment.......yes B29 in my sights!....closing in....fire!......no no stupod B29 stay where you are don't turn......press left key......turn.......too much too much.......press right key......yes back on course......woohoo closing.........oh no going to quick.....pull up pull up.....nooooooooo.......crash!

Sounds like a good description of my first attempt to pilot a Bf-109....only sans B-29.

Lawn dart.

Post #: 48
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 12:11:45 AM   
Caltone

quote:

quote:

quote:

Regards,

Steven

It was fun

Don't feel too bad, I've managed to roll off the port side of the carrier, off the starboard side, into the island, etc and I have a joystick

You definately need to pick up a joystick. Add a forcefeedback one for some added fun when you roll off the port side, off the starboard side ...

"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson

Post #: 49
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 12:23:12 AM   
Cpt.Buckmaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: steveh11Matrix

I'm guessing that the next mission is an attack on Prince of Wales and Prince of Wales!

Steve.

Aww c'mon! At least it'll be the Lexington and Lexington and Lexington against the Akagi, Akagi, Akagi, and Akagi at the Battle of Midway!

P.S. Oh... and DD 446 and DD 446 and DD 446 escorting.

"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"-Theodore Roosevelt

(in reply to steveh11Matrix)
Post #: 50
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 2:28:51 AM   
tigercub

RAM you are a man from my own hart!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to RAM)
Post #: 51
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 3:23:53 AM   
testarossa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caltone
You definately need to pick up a joystick. Add a forcefeedback one for some added fun when you roll off the port side, off the starboard side ...

I think force feedback is extremely annoying in flight sim cause it throws off the gun sight. Saitek X45 is my baby.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 52
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 3:26:59 AM   
Tankerace

I love my force feedback. Admittedly, force feedback does throw your aim out, but then so would firing a gun in a real point. And the whole point of a sim is to simulate the experience of flying.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to testarossa)
Post #: 53
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 3:42:35 AM   
BarkhornXX

quote:

I think force feedback is extremely annoying in flight sim cause it throws off the gun sight. Saitek X45 is my baby

I think that the original FF effects in FB were a tad too powerful - so I use a toned down version which is a nice compromise.

BTW, I too flew only Axis in FB (before AEP that is) and I can tell you that you can kill anything in a 109 or a 190 w/ the right tactics and good gunnery.

Barkhorn.

< Message edited by BarkhornXX -- 10/27/2004 1:43:32 AM >

(in reply to testarossa)
Post #: 54
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 3:50:45 AM   
Tankerace

Don't know why, but I liked the Brewster F239 in FB. Couldn't kill anything in it, but man I could make that plan get up and do some stunts.

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to BarkhornXX)
Post #: 55
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 4:02:07 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

Don't know why, but I liked the Brewster F239 in FB. Couldn't kill anything in it, but man I could make that plan get up and do some stunts.

The Finns called it the "Pearl of the Sky" or something because of this ease of handling. the further "improvements" to it for USN service severly taxed the airframe, turning it into a pig.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 56
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 4:10:50 AM   
Tankerace

No joke. In FB multiplayer, I had 2 109s and an A6M2 on me, I did so many rols, loops, and stunts (flying under bridges upside down) that finally they jus tpeeled off to attack someone else. Then I stalled and plowed into a hill. But the point is

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 57
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 3:13:45 PM   
Speedysteve

Any idea how much a decent joystick costs in the UK?

Force feedback one?

Recommendations?

Etc.

Think i'll wait to get one before attempting to ram a plane again

Regards,

Steven

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 58
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 4:43:34 PM   
Nikademus

interesting comments on the force feedback joystick. Never had the opp to try one. Still using a CH flightstick pro.

Here's another simmy question. Cockpit view or no cockpit view? which is considered more realistic?

Post #: 59
RE: OT- Pacific Fighters - 10/27/2004 4:50:41 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

interesting comments on the force feedback joystick. Never had the opp to try one. Still using a CH flightstick pro.

I have ThrustMaster FLCS F-16 + TQS F-16 (but with digital chip upgrade). They are now almost 10 years old but still one of the best options there are for simmers...

quote:

Here's another simmy question. Cockpit view or no cockpit view? which is considered more realistic?

What do you mean exactly with this question?

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S. Will get Pacific Fighhters as soon as possible - I owned every Il-2 version there was...

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: OT- Pacific Fighters Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI