Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So who are you voting for?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> So who are you voting for? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So who are you voting for? - 10/30/2004 5:56:43 AM   
DamoclesX

And why?

Jason Blaz
Way to much to list here!
Post #: 1
Kerry FTW - 10/30/2004 7:34:43 AM   
TheDeadlyShoe

Kerry. The incompetence and corruption of the Bush Administration is stunning. A vote for Bush is implicitly an endorsement of everything he's done wrong in the past four years. Mismanagement of the Iraq war. The mindboggling incompetence of the CPA. Eroding of civil rights and basic democratic republic principles in the name of an amorphous 'American Identity'. A total lack of shame. Massive betrayal of the public trust on multiple occasions. Willingness to lie over any issue, whither it be french fries or world-shaking events. A fundamental lack of connection with the real world. Total inability to recognize consequences. Fundamental hostility to voter enfranchisement in America, as evidenced by a nationwide campaign to suppress, confuse, and purposefully bungle the vote process where it is deemed advantageous to the 'cause' of Americanism. The creation of a smacks-of-fascist personality cult centered around Bush. Lack of willingness to communicate with the American public. Lack of a work ethic suited to a President. Bungling of the 9/11 response. Bungling the response to warnings that Bin Laden was launching an attack. Shameless trading on public shock and grief for partisan purposes. Complete lack of responsibility - The only mistake the President can think of is that he appointed some people that later quit/resigned/were fired over various issues. Use of public resources for partisan advantage. Caused possibly irreperable harm to American moral, ethical, and political clout both at home and abroad, at least for decades to come. Bungled response to Abu Ghraib, attempting to cover up wherever possible rather than fix the problem. Did not commit sufficient resources to AFghanistan to do the job, and pulled them out sooner than feasible to make units available for Iraq. Bungled war in Afghanistan with the units that were committed. Has created more recruits for Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations than have been killed.

there's more...

@TheDeadlyShoe> Unless, say, you could make black holes at will.
@Razeam> I can do that but I don't want to.

(in reply to DamoclesX)
Post #: 2
RE: Kerry FTW - 10/30/2004 8:15:03 AM   
Pheonix Starflare

It seems we have struck a nerve.

Basically what he said. Kerry.

To sum up my position, I feel like I can't trust Bush anymore. The 'intelligence' that indicated that Saddam had/was working on WMD likely was determined to be 'solid' because thats what the administration wanted. From the moment congress gave bush the authorization to use military force, I knew it would happen. No question. To me it seems like Dubya is just trying to finish what his dad just couldn't quite do back in 1991.
Now, right wing 'ultra-patriots' would likely refer to me as unpatriotic, but I feel like we really need to do things alongside the rest of the world. It's not like we can just give much of europe (no, I'm not forgetting Poland) the silent treatment for the next hundred years. We all have to live and work together and I think we need to be on good terms with the rest of the world. Now, I'm not saying we should base our foreign policy on what other countries want us to do, but we should try harder to get them involved at one point or another. We should've worked harder on calling the UN out on the fact that Saddam was essentially spitting in the face of their various resolutions. Certainly we should have offered the 'contract' we gave Halliburton to European firms and actually got a bid from them and saved ourselves some money. There are millions (billions?) that Halliburton just doesn't know where it went. That could have gone towards up-armored Hum-vees and body armor (BTW, since Bush had the oppotunity to chose when to invade Iraq, couldn't he have waited a month or two to get body armor for our troops?) (Oh, and another thing, why must our troops make do with heavy-duty SUV's? Cant we have some upgraded M113's or something so that they can drive around in (relative) safety? And please, dont get me started on the Stryker).

Right....so....thank you for reading my mini-rant. I've lost my train of throught and I'm too tired to re-read what I've just written.
Vote Kerry!
(That is, of course, if you're an American citizen who'll be 18 by the election)

< Message edited by Pheonix Starflare -- 10/30/2004 1:15:49 AM >

"An optimist sees a glass half full, a pessimist sees a glass half empty and an engineer sees a glass thats twice as big as it has to be."

"What do you get when you cross a chicken and and elephant? Chicken elephant sine(theta)"

(in reply to TheDeadlyShoe)
Post #: 3
RE: Kerry FTW - 10/30/2004 9:06:04 AM   
Tactics

Im voting for Bush because he uses paragraphs.

(in reply to Pheonix Starflare)
Post #: 4
RE: Kerry FTW - 10/30/2004 11:10:39 AM   
TheDeadlyShoe

The newly created Grammar Veterans for the Truth, composed of studends who went to school with or if not with at least in the same state as Bush, dispute that, claiming that while George Bush claims to use paragraphs, that he has never done so verifiably, and that despite claims that he once submitted an essay defining 'Paragraph' for the local grammar club, that this event in fact never happened, and the archived essay was placed there after the fact.

edit...

quote from the interweb:

quote:

Can you imagine how popular [Bush] would be if he ever did something right?

it true, if Bush could be even minimally competent he'd be re-elected with nary a whimper

< Message edited by TheDeadlyShoe -- 10/30/2004 1:37:05 AM >

@TheDeadlyShoe> Unless, say, you could make black holes at will.
@Razeam> I can do that but I don't want to.

(in reply to Tactics)
Post #: 5
RE: Kerry FTW - 10/30/2004 11:58:20 AM   
Mehrunes

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

(in reply to TheDeadlyShoe)
Post #: 6
RE: Kerry FTW - 10/30/2004 12:21:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

I vote to move this thread...

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mehrunes)
Post #: 7
RE: Kerry FTW - 10/30/2004 12:50:13 PM   
2ndACR

Needs to be in the Steakhouse. Politics.

But Bush because Kerry is a traitor.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: So who are you voting for? - 10/30/2004 1:05:48 PM   
Halsey

nunya. politics and religion is an individuals personal business.

(in reply to DamoclesX)
Post #: 9
RE: So who are you voting for? - 10/30/2004 4:55:10 PM   
VicKevlar

This forum is for wargaming and military history. Politics and things of those nature belong at Vinny and Doog's Mad Cow Steakhouse.

Locking up.

The infantry doesn't change. We're the only arm of the military where the weapon is the man himself.

C. T. Shortis

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> So who are you voting for? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI