Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting for 1.3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting for 1.3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/1/2004 11:45:22 PM   
jhdeerslayer

AI Yes, PBEM No

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 31
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/1/2004 11:47:16 PM   
Tanaka

have been waiting on the patch to finally start the campaign but have been playing around with the first turn/smaller scenarios and sounds/art.

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 32
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/1/2004 11:49:29 PM   
TheElf

Been since August for me. Of late, busying myself with Rome TW and IL-2 Aces Expansion.

The first turn is such a time consumer that the idea of restarting a hundred times is daunting.

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to madmickey)
Post #: 33
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 12:48:36 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Same here, I feel the same way. Now in Dec 1943. The AI air replacement all most did me in. But hanging in there.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Beezle

I am just continuing to play my Scen 16 game. I am now up to April 1943.

I know that after 1.3 there will be a 1.4 and then a 1.5 and I am not willing to put off playing indefinitely, nor willing to play the first 6 months of the war over and over without ever getting a feel for what happens in '43 '44 and '45.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 34
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 12:53:43 AM   
Milman

Patches are like drugs when you install your first one afther that you want sexond one ..... and then sometimes patchdeliver doesn't have any drugs and you die .

That is the 90% reason why I play version 1.00 (+ 10% slow internet) .

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 35
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 12:59:46 AM   
von Murrin

I've been burning out on other games that had fallen out of favor due to WITP.

I would love a patch, but KOTOR, CM:BB, and EU2 have been holding up quite well in its absence.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to Milman)
Post #: 36
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 1:04:09 AM   
Polar Iceman

uninstalled game a month ago...not planning to reinstall any time soon.Have lost interest in this Cadilac.

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 37
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 1:17:53 AM   
rhondabrwn

Well, the wait (and anticipation of... "just another day"... "next week"... "the 28th"... "probably Monday"....)has led me to put off starting anything. I've been haunting the forums and savoring AAR's instead.

Reading all the complaints about things that are supposedly fixed in 1.30 also convinced me of the futility of launching a new game until I have those fixes. Just too many problems to ignore....

But nothing will keep me from starting a campaign game as soon as the new patch is installed.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to Polar Iceman)
Post #: 38
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 1:17:57 AM   
kaleun

Playing one PBEM game. Holding off on about three.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Polar Iceman)
Post #: 39
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 3:25:49 AM   
PeckingFury

Shelved until patch comes. I gather it will not be tonight, no biggie will check back in a few weeks to see a new eta. Great game but I should have waited a couple of months to purchase it, would be the same effect really buying and waiting for patch or not spending money and waiting for patch.

(in reply to jhdeerslayer)
Post #: 40
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 3:30:11 AM   
rhondabrwn

Yah... won't be tonight...

I've got to head off to work my graveyard as shift auditor for the campus network here at IU.

I'll take my flashdrive along so I can download the patch though.... when it gets posted TONIGHT... at MIDNIGHT!

And then I can play a game tomorrow while watching election returns!

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

(in reply to PeckingFury)
Post #: 41
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 3:41:50 AM   
AlvinS

Been waiting to start a new campaign since early september. Maybe I'll pick it up after the holidays.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 42
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 4:02:33 AM   
33Vyper

I just got it last week so I have been playing around with it.... Checkin out the editor
but I have not begun a full game until the patch comes out. I dont wanna get all the way to 1944 and discover all my leaders have morphed into Japanese sub lieutenants.

I will say however from what I have played with.....I love it

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 43
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 4:30:53 AM   
rhondabrwn

Couldn't stay away... am at work now and have one window constantly open to keep monitoring for patch release...

A good game addiction is a terrible thing to waste

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

(in reply to 33Vyper)
Post #: 44
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 4:35:10 AM   
Tophat

Too many people are waiting,including me!

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 45
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 4:36:14 AM   
rhondabrwn

Maybe we need a thread for predictions of the number of downloads within the first hour of availability?

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 46
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 4:41:33 AM   
Belce

Or predictions, "Will the patch servers be able to handle the strain?"

"Captain Kid, we'rre putting out 3 terrrabytes per second, she canna handle that for much morre."

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 47
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 4:47:37 AM   
madmickey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Belce

Or predictions, "Will the patch servers be able to handle the strain?"

"Captain Kid, we'rre putting out 3 terrrabytes per second, she canna handle that for much morre."

Scotty the last picture I saw of you you were 300 pounds (140 KG) are you able to handle the strain.

(in reply to Belce)
Post #: 48
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 4:56:07 AM   
Belce

Scotty is currently a good customer of William Shatner's provider of fine "Gridles for Men", although he has to make do with the supporting man support...

There was a funny video about someone that stole William Shatner's hair piece, the results of using it and the big fight between the 2 over Will's attempt to recover. This all resulted in a poor experience during a fan show. [cues up Star Trek fight music]

(in reply to madmickey)
Post #: 49
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 5:16:39 AM   
dtravel

Stopped my game because the Leader Leak was quickly becoming a flood. (I think a third of my subs have unrated WO's commanding them now.) Am off playing Evil Genius and conquoring the world that way.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to Belce)
Post #: 50
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 5:35:15 AM   
Maserati

/me !

I've been playing other things instead of tinkering with the smaller stuff.

Rome:TW, Forgotten Battles, Matrix Online Beta :-)

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 51
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 5:42:18 AM   
medicff

Yea, I would have to agree. Ready to start a new game but am waiting for the.... well you know what. Meanwhile, retooling old games on the harddrive.

But as soon as "patchly" possible

(in reply to madmickey)
Post #: 52
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 5:52:34 AM   
Twotribes

Playing Rome: Total War also, as I wait for the patch.

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 53
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 6:10:26 AM   
seydlitz_slith

I am holding off starting PBEM while I wait for the 1.3 patch. In the meantime, I am finishing my UV PBEM with Nessaya. We are in September 1943 and have less than 100 turns to go. We could be the first PBEM to go the entire distance, and right now I still hold a lead in victory points (I am playing Japan) but it will be a near run thing.

One thing about it, though. Since this is the second game of UV that we have played together, and this one has pretty much went the distance, then we have each established that we can stay with the game in the long run. I feel that is crucial considering how long it will take to play WITP. I know that I am grateful to have such a reliable opponent.

(in reply to madmickey)
Post #: 54
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 6:39:14 AM   
daump

waiting, started a new game of HOI

(in reply to seydlitz_slith)
Post #: 55
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 6:44:13 AM   
Bane

I want to start a PBEM, one day, but, basically been sorta playing against the AI. So you could sum it up as:

I've been playing w/ myself waiting for 1.3

Second to the Last Samurai...

"What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

(in reply to seydlitz_slith)
Post #: 56
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 6:52:36 AM   
briantmar

I have also been waiting

Brian

(in reply to Bane)
Post #: 57
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 7:02:56 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Playing Rome: Total War also, as I wait for the patch.

Out of interest - how is Rome: Total War? Any good?

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 58
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 8:27:31 AM   
Top Cat

Yep. Been waiting for many weeks.

My game slowly fell to pieces.

- Several brigades dissapearing into the ether
- American bases with Oscars in them
- American bases attached to Russian HQ's.....

Hope the patch can unscramble most of these problems without restarting my campaigns!

Top Cat

(in reply to madmickey)
Post #: 59
RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting fo... - 11/2/2004 8:39:24 AM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: madmickey

The title says it all. List yourselves.

I'm continuing with my sole PBEM game. But my hotseat game with my son is on hold as all AI games. But then again, most of WitP time is about at an end. Only my PBEm game will survive. I actually have a life outside of WitP.

(in reply to madmickey)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: How many people are not playing the game waiting for 1.3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI