Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading Aircraft onto Transports ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? - 11/4/2004 2:44:06 PM   
sjadow

Can someone explain to this newbie how to load aircraft onto transports so I can move them from base to base via sea? I have the proper transports in the base, I form a taskforce, I have aircraft at the base, but I see no option that says "load aircraft" -- I can load supplies, resources, etc. but I cant figure out how to load aircraft.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? - 11/4/2004 2:45:50 PM   
rendell

Select load Land Unit and they will show on the list with the load cost assuming they don’t belong to a restricted HQ like the Dutch.

(in reply to sjadow)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? - 11/4/2004 3:35:53 PM   
sjadow

I'm missing something -- I have a task force consisting a 3 "AK" and 2 "DD" ships. My understanding is that AK's can carry aircraft.

The only "load buttons" I see are things like Load Supplies, Load Resources .... I see no "Load Land Unit" option.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !!

(in reply to rendell)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? - 11/4/2004 3:44:10 PM   
tanker4145

Use load troops or load only troops. They show up with a unit type of F for fighter, P, for patrol, LB, for land based, etc. Even the largest groups are quite small for loading in AK's so you can take a good chunk of supply with them.

(in reply to sjadow)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? - 11/4/2004 3:58:35 PM   
rendell

Sorry, I didn’t have the game running. Yes it is “Load troops” or “Load troops only” not land units. It is explained in 6.1.19 of the E-Manual. Each AK can instantly load one air unit.

Don’t forget to be sure and have aviation support at the port where you drop them off! All the airplanes will be damaged when they are unloaded and will stay that way with out aviation support.

(in reply to tanker4145)
Post #: 5
RE: Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? - 11/4/2004 4:48:16 PM   
Bobthehatchit

quote:

ORIGINAL: rendell

Sorry, I didn’t have the game running. Yes it is “Load troops” or “Load troops only” not land units. It is explained in 6.1.19 of the E-Manual. Each AK can instantly load one air unit.

Don’t forget to be sure and have aviation support at the port where you drop them off! All the airplanes will be damaged when they are unloaded and will stay that way with out aviation support.

Also need to make sure they are not assigned to a resticted command, as the unit will not appear on the load list. Also it is advisable to divide large air groups in to there smaller squadren units before loading, will take up more ak's but atleats you won't loose them all if a transport gets torp'd

"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.

Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!

(in reply to rendell)
Post #: 6
RE: Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? - 11/4/2004 5:14:01 PM   
rendell

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if the transport with the parent gets sunk, what happens to the other two pieces? Does one of them become the parent?

(in reply to Bobthehatchit)
Post #: 7
RE: Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? - 11/4/2004 5:22:26 PM   
Bobthehatchit

quote:

ORIGINAL: rendell

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if the transport with the parent gets sunk, what happens to the other two pieces? Does one of them become the parent?

You have basically broken a bomb group fightter group down (72 aircraft in it individual squadrens 24 for fighters and 16 for bombers, if you loose one of these groups it should return in 90 days providing there are piolets and air frames available. Not shaw if you can reform a divided unit back up to 72 if one of the squadren groups is missing or what happens to that group on the re-enforcement list if you do recombine the parent airgroup? Manual time i suppose..

"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.

Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!

(in reply to rendell)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Loading Aircraft onto Transports ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI