Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Countering the Russia attack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Countering the Russia attack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Countering the Russia attack - 11/14/2004 4:43:30 PM   
2ndACR

When faced with this tactic, just bomb the crap out of every resource/oil base within your reach. BOMB BOMB BOMB.

Reduce every single base to dust. Every bomber within reach should be used. Take the losses to your air force. They are easily replaced, but Japan has a hard time replacing the damage you will do. Low altitude is best for effect, but you will take higher losses. 6000 feet is optimum.

Russian divisions are almost as strong as Japanese divisions, so you can stand toe to toe with them. Protect your supply line to the north. You get auto supply from there. As long as your Russian forces survive, you are a major threat.

Locate the Japanese players divisions. Take notes. He has to be weak somewhere. Exploit that weakness.
Post #: 1
RE: Countering the Russia attack - 11/14/2004 5:08:26 PM   
esteban

That sounds like a good strategy. You don't have to beat the Japanese with Russia, just tie them down while the U.S./Brits/Aussies kick the crap out of them elsewhere.

1) Protect your Soviet army from envelopment.

2) use smaller/weaker units to garrison your rear area supply bases against Japanese paratroopers.

3) bomb Japanese oil centers, resource centers and heavy industry--probably in that order.

Personally, I think the Soviet strategy is pretty dubious. While I would love to have Ohka as the Japanese, it's not worth starting a 4th war front. Especially considering that the plan really requires a good deal of surprise, which would be hard to pull off.

< Message edited by esteban -- 11/14/2004 3:10:34 PM >

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 2
RE: Countering the Russia attack - 11/14/2004 5:08:57 PM   
Jon_Hal

thanks 2ndACR. Though my esteemed opponenet isn't following Horihito's Star to the letter he has massed considerable force there.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
RE: Countering the Russia attack - 11/14/2004 5:40:39 PM   
2ndACR

Check you inbox Jon_Hal.

Everything you as the allied player can do to make the Japanese burn supply is a plus. If your air power can reach it, reduce it to dust. Heck even think about small landings in his rear using FT's carrying a BN of grunts. Start taking any resource base you can. Sub Transport to those PI bases he may have left unguarded. Grab them. Force him to play musical chairs chasing around after you. Grab and run.

Same for Kendari. Start probing it. see what he has there.

The key is to force the Japanese player to burn up his supplies as fast as possible. Bombing his industry bases in Japan is a sure fire way to do that. Force him to make a choice, leave them damaged or fix them. Either way, you are denying him something.

(in reply to Jon_Hal)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Countering the Russia attack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI