Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another Leader Bug savegame file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Another Leader Bug savegame file Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/16/2004 12:52:54 AM   
dtravel

I may have a new variation on the Leader Leak bug. (Then again, maybe not.) In progress game patched to 1.3, playing Allies against Japanese AI. Two AKs completed conversion to MLEs. Immediately check the ships as part of putting them in a TF and find that both ships appeared on map with Japanese officers in command. Anyone want the save game?

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Post #: 1
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/16/2004 3:18:52 AM   
pry

Started in 1.3 or started in 1.21 and patched to 1.3

If game was started in 1.3 you can send me a save if it is a patched game dont as there is no way to tell what kind of old damage got carried over into the patched game

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 2
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/16/2004 6:12:15 AM   
dtravel

Started under 1.1 actually. But I kinda expected the answer would be that, why I was asking.

I know it ain't your fault and I'm not blaming anyone, but since patching to 1.3 I've been seeing leaders disappearing to be replaced with enemy leaders, ship captains replaced with LCU officers, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. a HUGE amount. It seems like 1.3 has made the problem even worse than it was before. At least for me.

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 3
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/16/2004 3:18:07 PM   
PeteG662

There are more leader bugs now than before.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 4
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 9:04:17 AM   
castor troy

I agree with that!

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 5
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 9:14:21 AM   
Tankerace

Ok, I have a brand new game going in 1.3, have played into it 5 weeks, and the leader bug is there. I don't know how it couldn't have been seen, as it is plain as day, I may have a repeatable save, let me check.

So far I have seen 1 AD with a SDLR, and 1 DM with a Japanese Major.

EDIT: After checking, I have determined the commander of the DM Chandler was replaced bewteen 12/18 (My last save with the correct captain) and 12/25 (My earliest save with Tojo in command) I have so far run to 12/21 without him changing. Maybe I'll get lucky.

< Message edited by Tankerace -- 11/17/2004 1:31:33 AM >

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 6
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 10:08:30 AM   
Tankerace

Sorry, no repeatable saves, but I can assure you, whatever thoughts that the bug are now disspelled. I have 1 DMS and 2 ADs with non-navy leaders in command. The only question is how long till Halsey goes...

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 7
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 3:54:51 PM   
dr. smith

In 1.3 game (from start to finish), I had Lady Lex in port with F Sherman as commander for the 21st Dec save, on the 23rd save, still in port I have ENS Kanda B. (a 76-57 rating!). When I formed a 2 CV TF, Swabbie Kanda commanded the the TF!

Ran 21st Dec save, Sherman still commander, so not repeatable . . . dernnabbit.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 8
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 6:16:02 PM   
PeteG662

So it is a random bug! Wonderful! Playability of this game is suffering as this is a show stopper for me.

(in reply to dr. smith)
Post #: 9
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 9:57:42 PM   
Tankerace

I know what you mean. I stopped a game I was in 7 months because of this bug, and everyone saying that 1.3 cured it. Right now I am extremely dissapointed. I guess I'll just have to look over every ship when I run a turn, and hopefully grab the guy before it leaves port.

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 10
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 10:49:05 PM   
dr. smith

It's not repeatable by just running the turn, something I did during that turn must have triggered it. I thought it might be replacing Ghormley in SouthPac HQ while it was in transit, but nope. Unfortunately, that turn was done a while ago. . .

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 11
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 11:43:29 PM   
Tankerace

Oh my God, 1.3 has made it worse than ever. Now the captains of the Lady Lex and the Sara have been replaced. The bug was more under control in 1.21! Let me see if I can get a repeatable save... or something.

(in reply to dr. smith)
Post #: 12
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 11:48:32 PM   
Tankerace

Wow, this is interesting, I am going back through my saves. In 1 save, the Saratogas captain is Ramsey. 2 days later (the next save) it is a WO, and 4 days later (next save) he is a Japanese 1Lt. Whatever was done to "correct" the leader bug in 1.3, do the opposite and it should be fixed in 1.4! Still looking for repeatable saves....

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 13
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/17/2004 11:53:53 PM   
Tankerace

I have a repeatable 1.3 save of the bug, who do I send it to? I just ran my 1/2/42 turn (Sartoga's leader is a WO), and on 1/3/42 he changed to a Japanese Major.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 14
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 12:15:41 AM   
Tankerace

OK, I sent the file to pry, maybe now they can squash the bug for good. I agree though, it is far worse in 1.3. I have had several leader changes, and I count 4 on my carrier force. Worse part is, that save is from 1/2/42. What will happen when I get to '45?

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 15
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 12:16:36 AM   
latosusi

It is not any worse. It can't get any worse! Longer you play, more of your officers will
be replaced by jap officers. This is very irritating indeed. I have stopped playing hoping
that it will be fixed ASAP. This same problem has been there since very first version.
Why do we need more features when there are so many bugs?

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 16
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 12:21:13 AM   
Tankerace

I stopped playing my 1.21 game, because they said the leader bug was fixed. Since its not, and already 26 days in I have had 7 leader changes (that I know of), I am just gonna stop playing till it gets fixed, or at least slowed. I'll contiinue to work on War Plan Orange, but I see no reason to continue playing the big tomale when by the time I'm facing Jap suicide planes all my oficers are their breatheren.

Here is hoping that they can once and for all nail down the leader bug, and kill it. Then, run it over with a tank just to be sure.

The sad thing is in reality, I probably won't stop playing. Leader bug or not, this is the best da**ed game I own. Its just quite frustrating to loose good carrier captains to the Japanese. Its a pitty that something so relatively small can hang up so grand and good.

< Message edited by Tankerace -- 11/17/2004 4:37:41 PM >

(in reply to latosusi)
Post #: 17
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 12:28:45 AM   
latosusi

Well said.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 18
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 3:29:35 AM   
dtravel

I have this nasty suspicion that they may not be able to fix this. The more I hear about it and the more I see it happening in my own game, the more it seems like a broken database pointer. If I'm right (which I may not be), then it is probably buried WAAAAAYYYY deep in the code or possibly even in the design of the database itself.

Although..... Has anyone seen an air unit or LCU leader get replaced? Is it just Ship Captains and TF Leaders that this is happening to? I'm too brain dead from a crappy day to remember right now.

(in reply to latosusi)
Post #: 19
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 3:35:49 AM   
Tankerace

My ship captains, TF leaders, sub tf leaders, sub captains, and LCUs have all been affected. Air group leaders do the replacing, but don't get replaced.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 20
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 5:47:09 AM   
Brausepaul

Is there a workaround for avoiding this bug? Like always use auto-assign...?

Does this error occur for AI Allieds when I play Japan?

< Message edited by Brausepaul -- 11/17/2004 10:48:52 PM >

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 21
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 5:53:36 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brausepaul

Is there a workaround for avoiding this bug? Like always use auto-assign...?

No workaround. And based on something Mr. Frag posted a while back, using auto-anything appears to make it worse.

quote:

Does this error occur for AI Allieds when I play Japan?

Don't know if anyone has checked to see if the AI is affected. Okay, your assignment is to take a game you are playing against the AI, switch to Head-to-Head, and check all the formerly AI's units for this bug. Report back in one hour!

Actually, that is a good question. If someone can check that? I will try to do so as well, but don't know when I'll have time.

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 22
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 5:55:27 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

My ship captains, TF leaders, sub tf leaders, sub captains, and LCUs have all been affected. Air group leaders do the replacing, but don't get replaced.

Okay, ships, TFs and LCUs are all affected. (Subs I'm sure just considered ships by the program for this.) Anyone seen an Air Unit lose its leader?

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 23
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 1:46:29 PM   
pry

quote:

OK, I sent the file to pry, maybe now they can squash the bug for good. I agree though, it is far worse in 1.3. I have had several leader changes, and I count 4 on my carrier force. Worse part is, that save is from 1/2/42. What will happen when I get to '45?

Not a good save Justin, the damage has already been done. The Sara captain has already changed from default captain to a WO I need a save before this happens.

What I need is a save off a stock scenario, that is no modifications to the data base at all the turn before the leader changes, that is simply to rule out any changes made by the player that *might* have had a contributing effect. I have been trying to get one myself and have not seen this happen yet in the game I am playing so I do not know what I am doing different that the rest of you are doing other than controling everything manually and I don't assign a TF commander and leave the senior ship captain in charge of task forces and manually disband all taskforces.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 24
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 4:25:31 PM   
Brausepaul

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel
Actually, that is a good question. If someone can check that? I will try to do so as well, but don't know when I'll have time.

Wouldn't it be suitable to run a AI vs. AI game for let's say three game months and then check to see if any of the Allied ships or TFs has a Japanese commander?

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 25
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 5:25:58 PM   
PeteG662

Pry,

Run scenario 7 playing allied vs Japanese AI....WOs will appear in charge of the LCUs. Running scenario 15, I see the changes happen long after they must have happened since I am not anally checking every ship captain or TF commander every turn once I issue orders.

Looking in the database editor I noticed that Japanese and Allied leaders are interspersed in the positions. Could this affect the routine for assigning leaders? The computer would look within certain "slots" for an available leader and it matters not what nationality because they are interspersed within the slots......just hypothesizing here.

I will try and get the damn leaders to change and send it to you because this really sucks.

Pete

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 26
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 8:30:53 PM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: pry

quote:

Not a good save Justin, the damage has already been done. The Sara captain has already changed from default captain to a WO I need a save before this happens.

What I need is a save off a stock scenario, that is no modifications to the data base at all the turn before the leader changes, that is simply to rule out any changes made by the player that *might* have had a contributing effect. I have been trying to get one myself and have not seen this happen yet in the game I am playing so I do not know what I am doing different that the rest of you are doing other than controling everything manually and I don't assign a TF commander and leave the senior ship captain in charge of task forces and manually disband all taskforces.

Pry, you may have pinpointed a cause right there. I have been playing the official Scenario 15, nothing under computer control, always manually disbanding TFs. The difference is that for some (relatively few) TFs I assigned a leader different than the senior captain. I'm pretty sure that eveyone who has reported this bug has also assigned TF leaders.

Try running your tests again, with the only change being that you manually assign a few TF leaders.

(Hope that didn't come across as talking down to you, didn't mean it to.)

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 27
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 8:32:47 PM   
dtravel

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

Wouldn't it be suitable to run a AI vs. AI game for let's say three game months and then check to see if any of the Allied ships or TFs has a Japanese commander?

As long as you checked both Allied and Japanese units, yes. (IMHO, Pry is the one actually elbow deep in 1's and 0's trying to perform surgery on this.)

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 28
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 8:41:42 PM   
Brausepaul

I have an AI vs. AI game running right now (scenario 15), I will check it later this evening to see if there are Japanese leaders commanding Allied ships/TFs/LCUs (or vice versa).

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 29
RE: Another Leader Bug savegame file - 11/18/2004 10:02:13 PM   
Tankerace

Ok pry, I'll start a new Scenario 15 game, and see if I can't get you a good save. Hopefully then we can squash this bug.

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Another Leader Bug savegame file Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI