Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US ships Upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> US ships Upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US ships Upgrades - 11/22/2004 11:20:25 AM   
Resisti

I’ve heard that US players can send their ships back to Pearl Harbour for AA (only ?) upgrades.

Could someone elaborate a bit more about this feature?
I’m most of all interested to know if there’s a schedule of when this upgrades become available, and at which rate your ship can be upgraded: it would be bad to send your ships back home just to discover that no upgrades were available, yet…

Txs.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri
Post #: 1
RE: US ships Upgrades - 11/22/2004 6:56:36 PM   
Kereguelen

You should find something about this on Spooky's website (covering both UV and WITP, but there is a seperate part for UV):

http://mathubert.free.fr/

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 2
RE: US ships Upgrades - 11/22/2004 7:28:02 PM   
Resisti

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kereguelen

You should find something about this on Spooky's website (covering both UV and WITP, but there is a seperate part for UV):

http://mathubert.free.fr/

Txs.

I found one excel sheet file in the WITP section, but none in the UV one: do you think the WITP one is covering UV, too?

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Kereguelen)
Post #: 3
RE: US ships Upgrades - 11/22/2004 11:14:03 PM   
Kereguelen

From my memory I was quite sure that there was such a file for UV. But have not played UV since WITP came out. Maybe it's included in one of the zip-files?

However, upgrade dates should be the same in UV and WITP if they used the historical data.

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 4
RE: US ships Upgrades - 11/29/2004 11:52:45 PM   
crsutton

There are no dates for upgrades other than dates that the items become available. Each ship follows a set upgrade path. You can pretty much send them home at anytime and they will come back with bette stuff. I think that the ships that are in theater at the start and have the poorest equipment can upgrade a maximum three times. Dunno about the others.

Basically, I try to rotate my weakest ships out early in the battle. You will usually get replacements right away anyway- at least if your commitment level is at the "moderate" level. A number of the at start DDs have AA figures below 300 and some of your CAs are below 1000. This is not good for Allied ships and I try to get these ships home as soon as possible. The Hornet starts off with pretty low AA figures but it is tough to send a healty carrier home. After my initial rotation, I just send damaged ships home. After the game starts, any arriving ship will come with decent enough AA. And battle damage will rotate them out. After, 1943 starts, I start sending the pig boats home in the hopes of getting the fleet subs as replacements. The pig boats have better torpedoes but the fleet boats have much better endurance.

Remember, you also can get upgraded radar and I think, depth charges. The newer radar really helps.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Kereguelen)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> US ships Upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI