Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk carrier?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk carrier? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk carrier? - 11/30/2004 7:35:41 PM   
f4migcap

In a game I'm playing the Yorktown was sunk while in a 3 Carrier task force. Survivors from Yorktown's airgroup landed on Enterprise and Hornet. When I got back to Pearl I found out I couldn't get them off my carriers. How do I do that?
Post #: 1
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 11/30/2004 7:42:00 PM   
PeteG662

Try creating a TF and put the carriers in it and try to "transfer to base" option when out at sea and see what happens.

(in reply to f4migcap)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 11/30/2004 7:43:50 PM   
freeboy

maybe a bug, I have some small group or fractional group in my us fleet and this one group will not transfer to either ship or planes, at PH docked, undocked disbanded etc??

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 11/30/2004 7:46:26 PM   
PeteG662

hmmm.....only suggestion I had to try and fix it.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 11/30/2004 7:52:53 PM   
f4migcap

These are fractional units that are on both carriers. The only buttons that were enabled were 'transfer to base' and 'transfer to ship'. Tried both (while in task force and docked ) and blank transfer to screen comes up. I also noticed that the 'new' Yorktown is coming in as a reinforcement with the same squadron's that the original Yorktown had, each with '0' aircraft. This is kind of a problem since these fractional units are putting my carriers over their aircraft capacity limit.

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 11/30/2004 7:56:42 PM   
PeteG662

Understand.....may want to ask Mr Frag or Pry how to handle this as they did the testing and are working the issues.

(in reply to f4migcap)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 11/30/2004 11:21:19 PM   
RUPD3658

Check the HQ for the transfered planes. Some are set to West Coast for some unknown reason and therfore won't transfer to a base with another HQ.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to f4migcap)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 2:57:49 AM   
ckk

Thats right I believe some carrier squadrons begin the game assigned to the West Coast abd you must use PP's to get them to an unrestricted HQ

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 3:06:39 AM   
f4migcap

Thanks!! that did the trick. They were set to West Coast command so I switched them to SW Pacific and transfered them off the ship to Pearl Harbor. thanks for your guys help

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 9
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 5:08:14 AM   
RUPD3658

It is a bug but it can be worked around. I still think it is like magic that the game works as well as it does. I am willing to deal with a few qwirks.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to f4migcap)
Post #: 10
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 3:47:13 PM   
Mr.Frag

Do you have the save the turn before you lost the CV ... been hunting that aircraft reassigned bug forever ...

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 11
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 6:40:07 PM   
ckk

Mr Frag

I in Scen 15 The Yorktown enters the game with its planes attached to the West Coast and under computer control. You havt to use PP's to change them to a non restricted HQ. The Sara, Lex and Enterprise ,already in the game, have their planes listed as Independent until their carrier is disbanded in a non restricted port. The planes then become attached to that ports HQ.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 12
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 7:18:48 PM   
f4migcap

Sorry, overwrote that save. But if I lose another carrier I'll save it and put it aside to see if the same thing happens again.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 13
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 7:20:17 PM   
Mr.Frag

As I said, do you have the save the turn before it happens?

I have yet to get a save for this, been asking since 1.0

I don't have the time to sit here and run turns non-stop until a CV happens to show up and gets her airgroups changed.

It honestly drives me nuts when people say they have a problem but don't have a save from the turn before. It's almost like folks don't want things fixed so they have stuff to complain about.

99.9% of all bugs are successfully fixed when a turn before the problem can be provided to show the problem happen. It's that simple. No save, no fix. This is really one of those cases where the ball is completely in your court.

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 14
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 7:28:49 PM   
freeboy

I can show it happening, but to get the turn before, since it often is not seen immediately is just about impossible without saving hundreds of pbem game turns in long strings.. and who has the space! maybe we can allow for a little less irritability from both sides?
I could easily send you my current save.. but as you want a turn before I did nt send it...

maybe some Zeolot will play both sides and try to create this for you.. Ron are you out there?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 15
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/1/2004 8:57:41 PM   
ckk

Do want a save of the turn before Yorktown arrives at West Coast. I can get that.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 16
RE: How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk ca... - 12/2/2004 6:56:36 AM   
freeboy

OK, this is a work around, the issue probably is NOT a bug.. the planes are in a restricted HQ, for me it was two different ones? so after correcting this, they flew off easily...

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> How do I get planes from sunk carrier off unsunk carrier? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI