Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Damaged aircraft repair rates!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Damaged aircraft repair rates! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Damaged aircraft repair rates! - 12/1/2004 6:26:45 AM   
MarioF

I bought the game since it came out months ago, have applied all patches up to 1.3. The damn planes still won't repair fast enough.
I have 800 AVN squads at the base, but squadrons only repair a few
A/C a day. Is this a bug, or on purpose. If so, it should be changed in the upcoming patch. The computer should assume that all those extra AVN support squads would be put to use fixing all those A/C.

...enough ranting though.
I still think WITP is the best thing since sliced bread.
Post #: 1
RE: Damaged aircraft repair rates! - 12/1/2004 6:31:23 AM   
dtravel

Not all damaged aircraft will be repaired every day. This is per design. Does not matter how much extra AV support you may have.

It isn't likely to be changed. Not all aircraft can be repaired in just a couple of hours, even with suffient mechanics and all the right tools and parts.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to MarioF)
Post #: 2
RE: Damaged aircraft repair rates! - 12/1/2004 12:06:40 PM   
dpstafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

Not all damaged aircraft will be repaired every day. This is per design. Does not matter how much extra AV support you may have.

It isn't likely to be changed. Not all aircraft can be repaired in just a couple of hours, even with suffient mechanics and all the right tools and parts.

My observation is that air units in squadrons repair rather fast. But planes in the bigger groups repair much slower. It is as if they are both getting the same flat rate number of successful repairs, not a percentage of the total planes or of broken planes. Not sure if dividing the air group is a work-around or not. But I definitely feel that there is a demonstrable and correctable problem with aircraft repair in group sized units!

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 3
RE: Damaged aircraft repair rates! - 12/1/2004 8:49:13 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: dpstafford

My observation is that air units in squadrons repair rather fast. But planes in the bigger groups repair much slower. It is as if they are both getting the same flat rate number of successful repairs, not a percentage of the total planes or of broken planes. Not sure if dividing the air group is a work-around or not. But I definitely feel that there is a demonstrable and correctable problem with aircraft repair in group sized units!

What you are most likely seeing is that level bombers have a slower repair rate than other planes - due to design. This was manipulated to keep the B-17s from walking all over japan in the early days - now they fly once or twice and need 3-4 days downtime for repairs. Seems fairly accurate to me since a lot of planes were serviced after each mission - or every couple - taking them completely off the line for at least a couple days. The more engines a plane has, the harder it is to maintain.

Xargun

(in reply to dpstafford)
Post #: 4
RE: Damaged aircraft repair rates! - 12/1/2004 10:18:19 PM   
MarioF

Actually the worst part is that I experience slow repair rates with single engine planes like divebomber, fighters, etc. I can understand a long turnaround cycle for B-17's, B-29's etc. but I think that they should speed up repair rates for smaller A/C. They should also take into consideration any AVN Supp groups stationed there above what is required to speed up repairs.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 5
RE: Damaged aircraft repair rates! - 12/1/2004 10:45:42 PM   
dpstafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun
What you are most likely seeing is that level bombers have a slower repair rate than other planes - due to design. This was manipulated to keep the B-17s from walking all over japan in the early days - now they fly once or twice and need 3-4 days downtime for repairs. Seems fairly accurate to me since a lot of planes were serviced after each mission - or every couple - taking them completely off the line for at least a couple days. The more engines a plane has, the harder it is to maintain.

If that is the correct explanation, I would agree. Good rule! But it seems to me that single engine planes organized into groups rather than squadrons suffer from the extra-slow repair rate. Perhaps someone could look into it. If the code is written to give the "slows' to all groups, rather than by plane type, it needs to be fixed.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Damaged aircraft repair rates! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI