Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Target hit percentages - a question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Target hit percentages - a question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Target hit percentages - a question - 6/16/2000 7:16:00 AM   
Alastair Anderson

Folks, When using the T key to cycle through available targers obviously an approximate hit percentage is listed for each target. Should the same value be the one popping up in the text box when the target is actually fired upon?? My question relates to a current game. Soviet 76.2mm ATs in ambush waiting for German armour. I chose to wait for higher hit percentages at close range but my opponent played it cagey, I got bored and chose to fire. The target button gave me a percentage of 2 at range 22 I think, but when I actually fired the displayed percentage was around 27. I have played sp a long time and never noticed this before. At other times I am sure the pop up window displays exactly the same hit probability as the targetting button prior to fire. Of course the probablity is then subject to other factors not seen mathematically by the player. Lack of consistency is really my question because the probability displayed sometimes is the same and sometimes isn't the same as that in the targetting cycle. I was put off from firing at range 22 with my 76mms, but had I known a raw 27 percent was going to be my actual figure I would have opened up earlier. Can anyone tell me what calcaulations are made between the targetting percentage and the one in the pop up window when the shot is fired? I would like to know so that I can take them into account next time I see a very low percentage when targetting. Cheers Al

Post #: 1
- 6/16/2000 8:49:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The % chance given is the chance based on "hard" data. The range, fire control, terrian, suppression, experience, range finder, etc that are "fixed". When you actually fire a series of checks against your experience and/or the leader skill rating are made that can result in the hit chance being varied by the checks from up to 50% enhancement, to a 33% degradation, or inbetween. The more experienced your troops and skillfull your unit and platoon leader, the better teh chance you will get an enhancement. Poor troops typically suffer the penalty.

(in reply to Alastair Anderson)
Post #: 2
- 6/16/2000 9:50:00 PM   
Alastair at Work

Thanks Paul - just the info I wanted. Cheers Al

(in reply to Alastair Anderson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Target hit percentages - a question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI