Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys - 12/8/2004 5:53:34 AM   
pacwar

A couple of questions...I'm playing 1942 as Allies vs. AI. First can someone give me a simple explaination of the OPs feature for ships. The explaination in the manual doesn't make sense...why do some ships get anywhere from 250 to 1000 points and some in the same convey get 0.

Next, do all the scenarios allow you to turn sectors over to the computer? On my strategic map it shows the sectors but doesn't give me the option to toggle between human and computer control. Is this just reserved for the big scenarios?

I noted a comment in the thread about Japanese auto convoys, to the effect that Allied auto convoys were worthless...completely worthless?

Thanks

db
Post #: 1
RE: OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys - 12/8/2004 6:24:28 AM   
rogueusmc

Each ship is alotted 1000 ops points per turn...a zero in the ops column states that they have used none of them. If it says 250...this means it has used one quarter of their alotment.
Ops points are used for movement, refueling, launching aircraft...anything the ship does.
Refuel a TF and watch the ops points.

< Message edited by rogueusmc -- 12/7/2004 10:26:32 PM >

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to pacwar)
Post #: 2
RE: OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys - 12/8/2004 8:27:49 AM   
JohnK

quote:

ORIGINAL: pacwar

I noted a comment in the thread about Japanese auto convoys, to the effect that Allied auto convoys were worthless...completely worthless?

Yep. Feature never should have been included in the game. Not sure why this wasn't noticed in playtest. Allied auto convoy is COMPLETELY worthless. Unfortunate that manual space is devoted to it giving the impression it works.

Basically, it will send convoys through Japanese-held areas on a routine basis, among many other problems. Don't use it at all.

(in reply to pacwar)
Post #: 3
RE: OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys - 12/8/2004 11:48:50 PM   
pacwar

JohnK and Rougueusmc,

Thanks for the replies...what about the computer vs. human control...is that only only applicable in the monster games or should it be available in all scenarios.

Thanks

db

(in reply to JohnK)
Post #: 4
RE: OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys - 12/9/2004 12:51:38 AM   
Halsey

It wouldn't have been a bad idea if the units didn't like making doglegged turns toward the nearest enemy base. CS convoys will also do this. So you have to monitor their route while they are moving too.

(in reply to JohnK)
Post #: 5
RE: OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys - 12/9/2004 12:54:55 AM   
Mynok

Just to clarify, there's auto convoy then there's computer controlled convoys. The former is useless while the latter is quite useful. The latter type is available in all scenarios. Don't know about the auto-system.

To setup a repeating (i.e. computer controlled convoy) between say San Fran and Pearl, create your TF, load supplies, set destination to Pearl, then click on Human Controlled. The TF should switch to CS: Pearl Harbor. This TF will repeatedly move supplies from San Fran to Pearl until you tell it to stop by switching it back to Human Controlled.

(in reply to pacwar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> OPs, computer control, allied auto convoys Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI