Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/15/2004 5:02:11 PM   
dday

Just notcied that Honk Kong now an port 7! This felled in Dec. 10. Why is this reporting to me (I'm Allied). I have seen other bases (Japanee) reporting their upgrades too. Is this RIGHT?
Post #: 1
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/15/2004 5:33:30 PM   
Wilhammer

Have you ever noticed that EVERY base in the game has coastwatchers?

That seems odd.

(in reply to dday)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/15/2004 8:13:17 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: dday

Just notcied that Honk Kong now an port 7! This felled in Dec. 10. Why is this reporting to me (I'm Allied). I have seen other bases (Japanee) reporting their upgrades too. Is this RIGHT?

New feature of the game.. Since you always get the airfield and port size by simply placing the mouse over a base when ports or airfield increase you are now notified - both enemy improvements and your own.

Xargun

(in reply to dday)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/15/2004 9:12:49 PM   
Feinder

Even in the old versions, you could tell the port and AF size of a base, by hovering the cursor. It doesn't really matter that it's telling you that bases are upgrading (I'm pretty anal about checking the status of enemy bases anyways). It's most important that it's telling you that YOUR bases upgraded (which I check all the time also).

But I doubt they can separate it out, because if it's in the CombatReplay (like it probably is), that's a shared file, that you can can't hide info depending on side, as both players see the same thing.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/15/2004 10:15:51 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

New feature of the game.. Since you always get the airfield and port size by simply placing the mouse over a base when ports or airfield increase you are now notified - both enemy improvements and your own.

Xargun

This should all have been the resposibility of recon. No biggie but what IS a BIGGIE to me is when ships and aircraft are located atany enemy base,the port and AF icons come on. Any way to changethis so FOW and recon mean something a little more?

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/16/2004 3:58:25 AM   
witpqs

I second this. It's an important givaway that shouldn't exist.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/16/2004 5:31:46 AM   
pasternakski

Disagree. Makes up a little for the huge amount you don't get from recon. When bases were operating aircraft or servicing ships, everybody knew, either from formal intelligence networks or word of mouth.

It doesn't gain you much, anyway. Let's leave it alone.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/16/2004 6:41:31 AM   
dday

There should be alot more of the FOW, both side. Just like in BTR, Allied have no clues how good of boming till yopu do your recon.

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 8
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/16/2004 8:37:02 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

There should be alot more of the FOW, both side. Just like in BTR, Allied have no clues how good of boming till yopu do your recon.

Ah, so. You talk good. So good I not know what you talk about.

Must be bad case of Zachary disease. Worst I ever see.

(in reply to dday)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/16/2004 7:21:50 PM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I second this. It's an important givaway that shouldn't exist.

How is it a giveaway? In 1.3 I simply had to place the mouse cursor over a enemy base and it told me what size it was, and if I was taking copious notes I would see as they increase in size.

It's not like expanding facilities was all that easy to hide anyhow.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading - 12/17/2004 1:26:46 AM   
witpqs

I was referring to Ron's comment about the airfield and port icons appearing when the enemy has planes or ships at the base, even if you haven't observed the base (recon, search, etc.). That is a giveaway - you magically know that there are planes or ships there. And, by the absence of those icons, you magically know that there are not planes or ships there. In a given situation that could be a big tactical boost to you.

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> 1.4 reporting enemy bases upgrading Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI