Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

supply and oil rules

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> supply and oil rules Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
supply and oil rules - 12/16/2004 4:28:58 PM   
rotor911

I never liked the oil rules in WIF (units moving by rail consumed oil but not those moving by road: HERESY ) and the computer game looks like a good occasion for an upgrade. I like these ones but there are certainly other interesting alternative rules. Anyway I'm curious about everybody's thoughts on the subject.
Maybe a thing to note : for many players, the main problem with the oil rules was the time taken each turn by the reorganization phase. Of course, it won't be one anymore with a computer game!! I still think that WIF would deserve better oil rules.
Post #: 1
RE: supply and oil rules - 12/16/2004 5:39:52 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

I think that the best way to implement oil rules would be to tie the action limits for impulse types to available oil.

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

(in reply to rotor911)
Post #: 2
RE: supply and oil rules - 12/16/2004 5:55:18 PM   
Cheesehead

I agree with you on the oil rule. It is an option that strongly favors the Allies. Combine that with partisans and the Axis player has a daunting task. Based on the comments I've read on the WiFdiscussion list, it sounds like many experienced WiF players skip this option as well, although the biggest complaint from them seems to be the bookkeeping part of it. Oil definitely affects strategy. It might be good to use oil if you had an experienced Axis player(s) against Allied newbies.

You can't fight in here...this is the war room!

(in reply to rotor911)
Post #: 3
RE: supply and oil rules - 12/16/2004 8:11:49 PM   
gbed

Rotor, you would probably like the WifCon gas rule then. It is one of the optionals that are floating around out there. Each has it's own strong points. I prefer the RAW Oil myself. Hopefully these different options will be playable in CWIF.

< Message edited by gbed -- 12/16/2004 6:12:18 PM >

(in reply to Cheesehead)
Post #: 4
RE: supply and oil rules - 1/6/2005 3:32:15 PM   
Nordic Twilight

I seem to remember that after a bit of practice the oil book keeping side of things became manageable but a bit of a drag. Hopefully computerised book keeping will make this chore easier to manage, and that it is made an 'option' in the game setup

Armies do not exist for peace. They exist solely for triumphant exertion in War

Our lives maybe more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy

(in reply to gbed)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> supply and oil rules Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI