Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Happy Hollidays!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Happy Hollidays! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Happy Hollidays! - 12/17/2004 11:57:10 PM   
VI66_slith

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

"Many, who should know better, think that wars can be decided by soulless machines, rather than by the blood and anguish of brave men." ~Patton
Post #: 1
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 12:20:47 AM   
Ron Saueracker

You suckin' back on the egg nog already? Got kids? Xmas sucks for the most part. Ahhh...that's what beer is for.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to VI66_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 1:00:50 AM   
VI66_slith

Always with the negativity!

"Many, who should know better, think that wars can be decided by soulless machines, rather than by the blood and anguish of brave men." ~Patton

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 3
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 1:19:11 AM   
dtravel

Bah Humbug!!

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to VI66_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 1:38:10 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: VI66

Always with the negativity!

You forgot "Moriarty!" Xmas is for kids, and with none and not being married at the moment, it's kind of meaningless. Parties are fun etc but at the end of the day...

Good thing I'm an uncle 15 times over. One great niece. Most live thousands of miles away though.

Volunteer for children's and men's shelters though. I supply and cook a mean Xmas pig out...turkey, ham, lamb, tourtierre, all the fixin's. Used to do it at the tavern for all the older timer's in my bar's neighborhood AND another one for my friends with no family plansat my place. Loads of work but tons of enjoyment.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to VI66_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 1:59:02 AM   
VI66_slith

Ahhhhh...a closet nice-guy!

Oh and...good for you! That work is great!

< Message edited by VI66 -- 12/17/2004 6:59:33 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 2:26:18 AM   
2ndACR

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

Bah Humbug!!

Seconded. The Xmas bill will give me a stroke.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 7
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 3:47:16 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

quote:

Bah Humbug!!

Well,making sure your ex GFs knob boyfriend looks like a loser costs buckaroos.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 8
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 3:49:08 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

Ahhhhh...a closet nice-guy!

Oh and...good for you! That work is great!

By the time you are done you have pretty much cooked your appetite away. Picking while preparing everything does not help either.

(in reply to VI66_slith)
Post #: 9
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 4:03:35 AM   
VI66_slith

quote:

Xmas is for kids, and with none and not being married at the moment, it's kind of meaningless. Parties are fun etc but at the end of the day...

I'm in the same boat currently so I can sympathise with you. Try and have a good holliday anyway won't you. In the meantime-I'll keep up with the eggnog.

Post #: 10
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 4:17:05 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Merry Christmas too all!

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to VI66_slith)
Post #: 11
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 4:36:51 AM   
Skyros

Merry Christmas and may every ones stocking be stuffed with a new game!

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 12
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 4:43:30 AM   
dtravel

quote:

quote:

Bah Humbug!!

HAH! I just spent the afternoon paying off the creditor's to my father's estate. $130,000, PFFFFFFFTTTTT! Gone, just like that! <snaps fingers> And I've still got to get a final reckoning from the IRS on how much he owed them.

Plus my mother made the final distribution on her father's estate too soon. (She only waited two and a half years.) The IRS came back to her saying "Oh, by the way, we just noticed something he did sixteen years ago, so send us more money." I had to write a check to her for another $11,000 out of my own pocket.

Not a year for holiday spirit from me.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 13
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 5:07:49 AM   
mlees

How the HECK can the IRS charge the SON for something the FATHER did DECADES ago??? Reform that dang tax code NOW!!

Must be nice to be able to make up your own laws as you go!!! Sheesh!! I'd be LIVID. (I am, and I'm not the one burned!)

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 14
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 6:19:13 AM   
2ndACR

I got my revenge on a IRS auditor about 7 months ago. His a/c died and he needed a new one.

Let us just say that I did not cut him any slack on the price at all. I raked (raped is more like it) his butt across the coals. Lets see, R-22 disposal fee 150.00 (usually included, not this time) new emergency drain pan 150.00 (cost me 15.00 and usually included). Those are just the examples. I would have charged him for every screw used if I would have thought of it at the time.

At the time, I was just remembering the 21,000.00 tax bill that they slapped me with on capitol gains and my personal income. That does not even include what my business paid or the State "Franchise" Tax.

(in reply to mlees)
Post #: 15
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 6:30:19 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

quote:

Xmas is for kids, and with none and not being married at the moment, it's kind of meaningless. Parties are fun etc but at the end of the day...

I'm in the same boat currently so I can sympathise with you. Try and have a good holliday anyway won't you. In the meantime-I'll keep up with the eggnog.

I was just playing Scrooge...someone has too or it would not be Christmas! Tell ya Idon'tlike though. The PC twats forcing the use of XMAS vs Christmas.

"I'm, dreaming...of a white XMAS. Just like no other I used to know..."

Pissoff PCs.

(in reply to VI66_slith)
Post #: 16
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 6:32:27 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

I got my revenge on a IRS auditor about 7 months ago. His a/c died and he needed a new one.

Let us just say that I did not cut him any slack on the price at all. I raked (raped is more like it) his butt across the coals. Lets see, R-22 disposal fee 150.00 (usually included, not this time) new emergency drain pan 150.00 (cost me 15.00 and usually included). Those are just the examples. I would have charged him for every screw used if I would have thought of it at the time.

At the time, I was just remembering the 21,000.00 tax bill that they slapped me with on capitol gains and my personal income. That does not even include what my business paid or the State "Franchise" Tax.

Same thing here. Tax auditor was not aware of micro breweries...DUUUUH!! About $60,000.00 in invoices I conveniently out of the little Koreans hands.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 17
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 6:33:55 AM   
mlees

If it weren't for the "regular" folks desire to be fair to all, the PC nuts wouldn't get traction in the first place. Our own good nature and a desire to be "fair" is used against us. Sigh.

Post #: 18
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 7:11:41 AM   
Mr.Frag

Picked up my prezzy early, my desktop is now 3520 x 1200 resolution ... finally have enough space to do work

(in reply to mlees)
Post #: 19
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 7:30:40 AM   
Hornblower

Ahmen to that. Mrs H is planning on going out and shopping or Christmas gifts tomorrow with her girlfriend. Odd thing is that everone is already bought for. I feel that i should be afraid, very afraid....

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 20
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 7:57:45 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hornblower

Ahmen to that. Mrs H is planning on going out and shopping or Christmas gifts tomorrow with her girlfriend. Odd thing is that everone is already bought for. I feel that i should be afraid, very afraid....

Women like to go and watch some beefcake during the Christmas Holidays!With a name likeMrs. Hornblower I'd be worried too!!!

< Message edited by Ron Saueracker -- 12/18/2004 12:58:39 AM >

(in reply to Hornblower)
Post #: 21
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 8:32:24 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlees

How the HECK can the IRS charge the SON for something the FATHER did DECADES ago??? Reform that dang tax code NOW!!

Must be nice to be able to make up your own laws as you go!!! Sheesh!! I'd be LIVID. (I am, and I'm not the one burned!)

It's complicated. It involves a transfer of title for land done as part of setting up his trusts and simplifing his estate. And they weren't charging my mother for what her father did. They were taxing my grandfather's estate. It just happens that the value of the estate is affected by what he did in 1988. So the estate has to pay the IRS. But the estate had no money left since she had paid it all out. So all the beneficiaries have to pay some of the money back so there will be some money in the estate to pay the IRS with.

(If your head isn't spinning yet, I could always ask my mother for the details. )

If you really want to stick it to some relative, name them Executor in your will and do nothing else. If you actually care about your family, then you'll go see an estate attorney, do what he tells you and make sure to pay all your bills before you die. (Having some money in the bank when you die will help them, a lot.) My grandfather did the second. (Trust me, considering my grandfather's estate she had it easy.) My father did the first. (Although in his case it probably wasn't deliberately hostile. He was a good scientist and engineer but basic business and legal affairs he just never could understand. Like actually opening the letters from the IRS.)

(in reply to mlees)
Post #: 22
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 9:09:24 AM   
dday

quote:

You forgot "Moriarty!" Xmas is for kids, and with none and not being married at the moment, it's kind of meaningless. Parties are fun etc but at the end of the day...

Good thing I'm an uncle 15 times over. One great niece. Most live thousands of miles away though.

Volunteer for children's and men's shelters though. I supply and cook a mean Xmas pig out...turkey, ham, lamb, tourtierre, all the fixin's. Used to do it at the tavern for all the older timer's in my bar's neighborhood AND another one for my friends with no family plansat my place. Loads of work but tons of enjoyment.

Good for you Ron, Sheahed of Good Hope must luv ya!
Gosh, I got to meet ya at ur bar over the holiday, just recovery from back surgery. Dam, lot of hot nures at the Civic! Going there Monday for back check-up

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 23
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 9:20:16 AM   
2ndACR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hornblower

Do not let her go with credit cards or check book and you will have nothing to fear. Of course the reaction you get when you "disarm" her will not be pretty.

My GF does the "everybody and their mother gets a gift" routine. Most give what I call 10 dollar trinkets. But does she, NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That would be cheap and mean (her words, mine are more along the lines of "screw'em"). Her sister's kids got an average of 100.00 spent on each of them. And that is for all 3 of her sisters kids. 9 kids total.

Drives me crazy.

(in reply to Hornblower)
Post #: 24
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 11:24:39 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: dday

quote:

Good for you Ron, Sheahed of Good Hope must luv ya!
Gosh, I got to meet ya at ur bar over the holiday, just recovery from back surgery. Dam, lot of hot nures at the Civic! Going there Monday for back check-up

I'm in the process of either selling my third of the business or buying out my other two partners. I'm completely Pee'd off with their completely facked sense of business acumen. One guy has become an egotistic, paranoid coke addict who does not believe liquor sales are the priority in a bar business...his taste in music is!(?WTF???) The other,while educated up the hilt as a high level money manager does not understand that you can only count beans if they enter the premises and go in the til. Can ya tell heisanupperlevel civilservant? The fact that he is also a fence sitter has left the addict and I at an impasse and me having had to spend months abroad for family duties and a few months off for health reasons the last few years, the addict has gradually changed the place around his warped view of things and our sales have dropped by 25-30%. And they still don't get it...either they are stupid or proud. Same result.

Anyway,the place is no longer reflective of my views and I want out or control. It even really looks like a dump now. Good thing students are a big part of our nighttime..they don't really give a crap outside of not getting ripped off. It mightevenbe toolate to turn around given the damage done and how it usually takes twice as long to fix as to break.

Might take a job in Port Moresby of all places after I sell my interest. $75,000 AUS/year running a hotel (food and beverage). Hell, I'm single, have relatives in Brisbane. I'm leaning towards this.

< Message edited by Ron Saueracker -- 12/18/2004 5:25:13 AM >

(in reply to dday)
Post #: 25
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 12:56:27 PM   
Pustov

BTW... Merry Christmas to all....and have a happy WITP time.

Matrix Rocks

Post #: 26
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 8:24:32 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

It just happens that the value of the estate is affected by what he did in 1988. So the estate has to pay the IRS.

Cheez - I thought the statute of limitations for this stuff was 7 years.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 27
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 8:39:11 PM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

It just happens that the value of the estate is affected by what he did in 1988. So the estate has to pay the IRS.

For personal income taxes, yes. (Although I was told 5 years statute of limitations.) Estate and inheritance taxes aren't the same and follow different rules. Also, he only died a couple of years ago and the "timer" for statute of limitations gets set at time of death, I believe.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 28
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 10:13:31 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

For personal income taxes, yes. (Although I was told 5 years statute of limitations.) Estate and inheritance taxes aren't the same and follow different rules. Also, he only died a couple of years ago and the "timer" for statute of limitations gets set at time of death, I believe.

I guess they say that the computations made in 1988 were incorrect, thus changing the increase in value of the investment or whatever made at the time of death.

I won't comment about the IRS further

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 29
RE: Happy Hollidays! - 12/18/2004 10:22:51 PM   
mlees

It still smells fishy from here. Setting the statute date from wherever they please, and such.

Makes me think that there must be some petty beauracrat who thinks too highly of himself pushing people around, knowing they won't fight back.
The major corporations have a regiment of lawyers standing by to fight off these attacks, thats why the IRS has stated that they will concentrate on "the little guy".

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Happy Hollidays! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI